Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Sony can't hold the sequel "captive" by buying Insomniac, neither Sony nor them own the IP.

Does Pachter think people are stupid?

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Why do you people love posting FUD here? I don’t get it.

It was Marvel that approached Sony to develop a Spider-Man game. They loved how they made their first party games.

It’s also known they went to MS to offer SM and they turned it down.
I'll never understand why people like to signal boost everything fanboys and shills like this say on twitter.

Reactions: On Demand

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
I'll never understand why people like to signal boost everything fanboys and shills like this say on twitter.
Not a big deal, this is just a tiny discussion thread for mostly PS fans. The forum that has boosting power is Re, due to how many visitors it gets. Many of them are journalists looking for spicy news.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
It doesn't even make sense since Gamepass ain't doing anything to stop the PS5 domination and if anything PS+ is what is gaining ground fast.

Gamepass is clearly failing to live up to all it was hyped to be and we are already on year 7 and MS didn't get anywhere close to having one big AAA dayone every 3 months. Gamepass is a scam, 6 years of failed promises and "wait till next year".

Some clowns paid for 6 years of this garbage thinking they were getting a great deal but PS+ Extra that existed for only about a year already included drastically better games than what has been available on Gamepass over all this time (GoT DC, Returnal, Horizon Forbiden West, Uncharted Legacy of Thieves, Death Stranding DC, R&C Rift Apart, God of War, Spider-man, Miles Morales, not to mention the third party games).
Xbox killed Games with gold, which is good because it was a zombie that hadn't delivered a single big game in gears, and bad because now all MS has is a catalog service.

PS plus Essential(an all other tiers) still has monthly games. For a cheaper annual fee, you get to keep those games while you're still subbed, you don't need to rush to finish the games nor are they ever removed, that helps you build a library in addition to the catalog service games, and while some months are divisive / not for everyone, you still get months with big games, Stray was a day one extra title. Cod games were added to Extra. In comparison, what does MS offer? They should have reworked games with gold with better games instead of killing it in favor of literally nothing.
And that's why I believe MS's services will continue falling behind.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I will say though that it is funny that these guys are still whining about every game Playstation has despite all the stuff MS have gotten away with buying so far.

Shouldn't they be looking forward to Starfield instead of pushing conspiracies about Spider-Man?

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
They got Obsidian, they got Zenimax and they got ABK.... but they're still miserable.

The truth is that the acquisitions mean nothing, the games they stood to gain mean nothing because they are not gamers. They just want Microsoft to "Win" or maybe more accurately, they want PlayStation to "lose".

With attitudes like that, they will never truly be happy or win in the way they want.

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
I will say though that it is funny that these guys are still whining about every game Playstation has despite all the stuff MS have gotten away with buying so far.

Shouldn't they be looking forward to Starfield instead of pushing conspiracies about Spider-Man?

They (these particular Xbox fanatics who post stuff like this on Twitter all day) literally do not play games. They don't even like Xbox games, like that one female Xbox Ambassador who got exposed last year for not playing Xbox but just liking the free stuff they gave her.

This astroturfing/shilling hyper-toxicity culture is something Microsoft have 100% cultivated. That's one of their long-lasting impacts on the games industry. Tells you everything.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
They (these particular Xbox fanatics who post stuff like this on Twitter all day) literally do not play games. They don't even like Xbox games, like that one female Xbox Ambassador who got exposed last year for not playing Xbox but just liking the free stuff they gave her.

This astroturfing/shilling hyper-toxicity culture is something Microsoft have 100% cultivated. That's one of their long-lasting impacts on the games industry. Tells you everything.
It seems like for these guys, it's less about Xbox having more and more about Playstation having less.