Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
CCP is a foreign enity(government) that has hostile intention to the western world. MS is just a company and its American. I would rather prefer MS to own it then Tencent. Tencent has very strong ties to the CCP. If Tencent tried to buy a big american company, the DOJ would never allow that. China Also doesn't allow American companies to buy chinese companies i believe. The US should enforce that to China as well. Even playing field.
WTF? Hostile? How many millions innocent people America killed and how many wars caused in the last 50 years? And how many china?

Get the fuck out with this bullshit.

Last edited:

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
China will never replace the USD. USD is the reserve currency for a reason. More reliable. America is still the only super power. Don't say your done with the poltics talk when ur still yapping about it 😛
Thanks for ignoring my last point, I think there's nothing left to be said here, we both have our assumptions and doesn't seem likely we are going to find common ground or compromise. I wish you the best.

You can argue right or wrong but it pretty much is the USA and its political allies. Unless you are one of those people who treats it as a geographic term and includes Latin America.

Jack made the mistake of making a rather milquetoast comment on the need for regulatory reform in order to lessen corruption. At that point the weight of the government turned against him and started hammering his companies. Five years later it still hasn't stopped, only lessened. For those of you wondering why I "haha" the idea of Microsoft having a finger on the scale in court battles, its because I have a wide enough view to see stuff like this going on in places like China where it is very, very blatant.

Of course, I am also totally fine with Tencent, and said as much in the other thread.
Halfway, yeah. I disagree with the notion of keeping up with the cold war West vs East and now West vs China notions we have in recent times, Quite a few countries have developed since then and it feels wrong to declare them not as part of the western world. But tbh that's splitting hairs on an old definition.

I shall now properly refrain from making any kind of political commentary, even if another post, that on my perception, is plain wrong shows up. So if we could please come back to why Tencent should not be able to bid on Activision or why MS is a preferable buyer over them.

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
WTF? Hostile? How many millions innocent people America killed and how many wars caused? And how many china?

the US is a country that will try and take over their interests using force [Iraq cof cof]
China is a country that will try and take over their interests using the market(outside their own country, because they do have their stupid human rights issues).

I'd rather have china invest in my country, even if that means them keeping some ownership of some things, than have the US invade and bomb the crap out of it, or use proxies to do their bidding by overthrowing governments or financing terror groups. Neither is a good option, but the former is infinitely better.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
MS is preferable to Tencent like a fatal car crash is preferable to terminal cancer. The choice isn't between Microsoft or Tencent like filthy green rats like to make out, it's between not dying and how painful and protracted your death is.

Btw, all of the western world who yes, see China and the CCP as a threat, are the same ones who have problems with Microsoft and their acquisition of ABK (NZ, Australia, UK, Canada, USA).

Does Microsoft have any games from a studio they haven't forcibly ripped off other platforms coming up? No? Then shut the fuck up.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
At one point you have to stop blaming MS and point the finger at Sony and laugh. With their current budget, they can acquire ANY publisher bar EA and take 2. Any.

That's just the current budget, not counting any loans. If Sony fails to do anything, it;s only on them.

I know these acquisitions aren't as easy as they sound. You have employees and debt to take into account. But Sony has a serious IP loss issue and they're dragging their feet. Can't blame MS for their unwillingness to do anything.

When a publisher like Ubisoft is brought up, the usual reply is "But they suck." That's not important. Studios can be restructured and new management brought in. Securing IPs is the most important thing Sony does now.

Several GaaS won't counter the loss of popular IPs.

And again, it's only on Sony now.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
WTF? Hostile? How many millions innocent people America killed and how many wars caused? And how many china?

America didn't kill "millions" of "innoncent people". But im sure they killed innoncents, but not millions lol. Ur making shit up. China is much older then America. China is one of oldest continuous civilizations on earth. China is over 3000 years old, while America is only 247 years old. China probably has a much higher kill count then America. They been around for thousands of years. China can become a threat to the western world anytime.

• Surprised
Reactions: flaccidsnake

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
At one point you have to stop blaming MS and point the finger at Sony and laugh. With their current budget, they can acquire ANY publisher bar EA and take 2. Any.

That's just the current budget, not counting any loans. If Sony fails to do anything, it;s only on them.

I know these acquisitions aren't as easy as they sound. You have employees and debt to take into account. But Sony has a serious IP loss issue and they're dragging their feet. Can't blame MS for their unwillingness to do anything.

When a publisher like Ubisoft is brought up, the usual reply is "But they suck." That's not important. Studios can be restructured and new management brought in. Securing IPs is the most important thing Sony does now.

Several GaaS won't counter the loss of popular IPs.

And again, it's only on Sony now.
I believe they're taking the wait and see approach until the Activision deal is over, maybe they don't want to give any ammo that MS could use as a way to get it approved? (Even though it's looking like a done deal), but I agree with you overall, they should secure one publisher and a few jp devs

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
America didn't kill "millions" of "innoncent people". But im sure they killed innoncents, but not millions lol. Ur making shit up. China is much older then America. China is one of oldest continuous civilizations on earth. China is over 3000 years old, while America is only 247 years old. China probably has a much higher kill count then America. They been around for thousands of years. China can become a threat to the western world anytime.
Screenshot_2023-07-26-05-58-09-328_com.android.chrome.jpg
It takes seconds to google and check your info

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
View attachment 1931
It takes seconds to google and check your info
i thought your done with the poltics talk? lol, you just can't get enough 😛, Thats from every war that happened in that area since 9-11 until today. Thats not all the U.S fault. "As of September 2021, an estimated 387,073 civilians in these countries have died violent deaths as a result of the wars. As of May 2023, an estimated 3.6-3.7 million people have died indirectly in post-9/11 war zones. The total death toll in these war zones could be at least 4.5-4.6 million and counting, though the precise mortality figure remains unknown." https://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/costs/human/civilians#:~:text=9/11 wars.-,An estimated 3.6-3.7 million people have died indirectly in,4.5-4.6 million and counting.

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
i thought your done with the poltics talk? lol, you just can't get enough 😛, Thats from every war that happened in that area since 9-11 until today. Thats not all the U.S fault. "As of September 2021, an estimated 387,073 civilians in these countries have died violent deaths as a result of the wars. As of May 2023, an estimated 3.6-3.7 million people have died indirectly in post-9/11 war zones. The total death toll in these war zones could be at least 4.5-4.6 million and counting, though the precise mortality figure remains unknown." https://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/costs/human/civilians#:~:text=9/11 wars.-,An estimated 3.6-3.7 million people have died indirectly in,4.5-4.6 million and counting.
I just replied as you said the man was full of shit. So you should check before saying that someone's making shit up and making yourself look like an ass. I'm sure someone else will explain how the figures matches.
the real number is, "As of September 2021, an estimated 387,073 civilians in these countries have died violent deaths as a result of the wars. And all of that is also not all on America. Do some better research next time. 😛
Quite frankly you're getting on my nerves, it feels like you are either trolling, or are too young to be arguing about these topics.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
I just replied as you said the man was full of shit. So you should check before saying that someone's making shit up and making yourself look like an ass. I'm sure someone else will explain how the figures matches.

Quite frankly you're getting on my nerves, it feels like you are either trolling, or are too young to be arguing about these topics.
he is making up shit. It's why i proved him wrong. I gave you evidence on the the real death toll on the same article you posted. It's time for you to concede. If you're going to come after me, you actually have to know what you're talking about. Also you ignored that China is much older then America. Thus, making their innocent kill count likely much higher. Keep in mind, war is hell. Their will almost always be innocents killed in the process. War is the last resort. Every country has blood on its hands.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_China This is just a TINY portion of them.

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
he is making up shit. It's why i proved him wrong. I gave you evidence on the the real death toll on the same article you posted. It's time for you to concede. If you're going to come after me, you actually have to know what you're talking about. Also you ignored that China is much older then America. Thus, making their innocent kill count likely much higher. Keep in mind, war is hell. Their will almost always be innocents killed in the process. War is the last resort. Every country has blood on its hands.
Yeah, you're not worth it.
Try recognizing that the death toll doesn't need to come from shooting, the disruption of supply lines can easily starve out and deny necessary medication to civilians. 387 thousand is the figure for VIOLENT deaths. Doesn't count those impacted by lack of supplies. Add together the vietnam war.
And all the interference that the US had in multiple governments.
But you are more focused on cheerleading your country and going "but china".
You've also completely derailed this thread, so welcome to the blocklist.
Good luck in your future endeavors.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
Yeah, you're not worth it.
Try recognizing that the death toll doesn't need to come from shooting, the disruption of supply lines can easily starve out and deny necessary medication to civilians. 387 thousand is the figure for VIOLENT deaths. Doesn't count those impacted by lack of supplies. Add together the vietnam war.
And all the interference that the US had in multiple governments.
But you are more focused on cheerleading your country and going "but china".
You've also completely derailed this thread, so welcome to the blocklist.
Good luck in your future endeavors.
Nope. I was done with politics, you just kept coming back. Blame yourself🤷‍♂️. You're talking about derailing, but you're part of it as well. Their were numerous fighting forces in that war, not Just US. Again the figure is over 300k.

Again China has a much higher kill count. Keep ignoring that. Now stop talking about politics to me. i keep going, because you won't drop it, like you said you were.

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

They didn't?

The second gulf war alone has caused over a million deaths. You can't just say "oh hurr Durr they were not directly caused". Yeah, if I bomb the fuck out of your country and then enable terrorist groups to kill unchecked, I guess I'm not liable for it LOL.

The bombings in Hiroshima and Nagasaki caused an estimate close to 200 thousand deaths

Then you have the several proxy wars in the middle east and south America

Yes, the death toll is over 1M for sure

As for China, you can't grab random shit from 1k years ago and say they are a problem now. Hell, 600 years ago Portugal was enslaving people and controlling a huge swat of land, should we consider Portugal a global threat?

For the past 100 years or so, the US and Russia have been the biggest threats to the planet, from wars to pollution.

End rant and end political comment from me, but I can't stand this china scare when there's a country that has been the main culprit of global instability for the past hundred years.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
They didn't?

The second gulf war alone has caused over a million deaths. You can't just say "oh hurr Durr they were not directly caused". Yeah, if I bomb the fuck out of your country and then enable terrorist groups to kill unchecked, I guess I'm not liable for it LOL.

The bombings in Hiroshima and Nagasaki caused an estimate close to 200 thousand deaths

Then you have the several proxy wars in the middle east and south America

Yes, the death toll is over 1M for sure

As for China, you can't grab random shit from 1k years ago and say they are a problem now. Hell, 600 years ago Portugal was enslaving people and controlling a huge swat of land, should we consider Portugal a global threat?

For the past 100 years or so, the US and Russia have been the biggest threats to the planet, from wars to pollution.

End rant and end political comment from me, but I can't stand this china scare when there's a country that has been the main culprit of global instability for the past hundred years.
the derailing continues......i could literally poke holes in your arguments all day, but this derailing has to stop. So im not doing it. Stop derailing. @Gods&Monsters derailed this thread super hard bringing up the CCP 🙄

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters