Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
CMA just needs to get this charade over with. They let MS outclass and outplay them with absolutely no intention of submitting a new deal. Let’s welcome our new trillion dollar video game overlords
At this point just either block it for good (not happening) or allow it and let's see all cards on the table. Gaming has never been so unexciting.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Sony got the upper hand so that they could get back to regular third-party fees? o_O

They used the "upper hand" to get absolutely nothing in return? :ROFLMAO:
10 year guarantee, parity in all aspects and a 70/30 revenue split isn't nothing, and that's the minimum.

This way, if the deal isn't blocked, they have protections.

Last edited:

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I know the backhanded maneuvers CMA and MS played to pause the appeal. But it seems the CMA is still giving MS a difficult time?

One thing the Tweet leaves out, but is included in the linked article is:

The report also references a Microsoft plan to put forward a modified merger proposal, which the CMA is aware of. However, the report does not detail what that looks like.

So, basically, we still don't have a good idea about what's going on.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
One thing the Tweet leaves out, but is included in the linked article is:

So, basically, we still don't have a good idea about what's going on.
If this was happening 15 years ago I would hope for Blizzard to become independent but it's too late for that, Activision already destroyed them.

• brain
Reactions: Papacheeks

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

This is exactly what I mean when I say everything that happens from now on is on Sony and you can no longer blame the big bad MS. Sony chooses not to invest in IP retention. No right to blame MS when they scoop up another one, while Sony wastes money on shit.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

This is exactly what I mean when I say everything that happens from now on is on Sony and you can no longer blame the big bad MS. Sony chooses not to invest in IP retention. No right to blame MS when they scoop up another one, while Sony wastes money on shit.
They don't even invest in acquisitions much. Agree, you can't blame m$ for their incompetence.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Anyone else not buying anymore from Act/Bliz?
I stopped buying from them when I heard about the terrible culture there & what a complete cock womble kotick is I'd only ever buy a new crash or spyro (if they release on playstation) second hand physical so those greedy dirty bastards don't get any extra income from me

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Stopped giving ms my money over 2 decades ago, they got enough money out of me in collage, literally hundreds a year on software i needed to complete my studies and at a point in my life when i was broke as shit. Fuck that company.

• haha
Reactions: Edmund and Zzero

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
If they ever make a good game I'm probably buying it (or getting a trial/month of Gamepass to play it) sill but I can't remember the last time I bought one of their games. Sekiro maybe.

I definitely feel less inclined to give their stuff a shot knowing that I would be supporting MS. If you are not a CoD person or a Blizzard fan (I can't stand modern Blizzard) then there isn't much else that they make.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

I haven't bought anything from them since the PS3. There were a lot of things I didn't like about the company back then and even more now. Sekiro is the only time I had some difficulties with that decision, but buying it used is the solution there.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

All that talk about about their true competitors being everyone but Sony, console wars are a social construct, etc. Phil is such a transparent liar. The fact that he has a fan club is just mind-boggling to me. There's being taken in by a facade, but after all the lies that have already been exposed, it's very apparent he has no integrity and is one of the biggest console warriors in existence. Maybe that's it, though - like attracts like.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

I think I'll keep right on blaming MS for their anti-consumer/competitive tactics and the harm it is and will bring to the industry. I'd rather not deflect my feelings to another party who is undeserving of it.

Last edited: