Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
nope they abandoned the administrative court case and appeal shortly after the failed injunction. it's really the FTC's unforced error that set this all in motion as things were looking grim for MS before hand.
As if the CMA wouldn't have being bought otherwise, the FTC did what they could whit the cards they were dealt. The FTC probably knew beforehand that the CMA was going to flip.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Arminius

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
not debating hypotheticals and cope, the ftc caused the current situation point blank period
As if you wouldn't be complaining had they not done anything as well, out of all regulators they were the ones that at least tried. My guess is you are coming off and mixing in political views that involve the FTC and transcend this case. Otherwise it makes very little sense why off all regulators you wold place all the blame on the FTC.

Last edited:

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Nah, this is what they do when actively trying to stop a merger. Them doing nothing would have been worse.
this makes no sense because MS couldn't close over the CMA, and the FTC's loss caused the CMAs backpeddle in one fell swoop. Didn't think i would have to keep restating these facts on this forum of all places.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
this makes no sense because MS couldn't close over the CMA, and the FTC's loss caused the CMAs backpeddle in one fell swoop. Didn't think i would have to keep restating these facts on this forum of all places.
The CMA being bought/bulking to pressure is what caused the CMA to backpedal, the FTC was never going to be able to do anything (even in here that was never seen as a possibility by most people).

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
CMA finalises decision to block original merger after rejecting submissions by Microsoft to revisit its original decision; Microsoft submits new, restructured deal for review, triggering a fresh Phase 1 investigation by CMA; Under the new deal, Microsoft will not acquire the cloud streaming rights to all current and future Activision games released during the next 15 years (excluding in the EEA)

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So this is about the cloud and not CoD, however they are willing to divest cloud rights?

Like, who buys their shit anymore?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Old Gamer
D

Deleted member 223

Divest cloud rights... so it's all about mobile and COD huh?

Bottomline, it's about all of it. Fuck em.

Reactions: kuzon
OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I believe I had said that a new proposal would require a new investigation, though I was dubious that the CMA would be fighting it. Glad to see they are.

October here we go.