Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
I’m interested in seeing what happens with the EU. They are currently deciding whether to revisit their decision due to the changes proposed for the UK, officially, but it’s rumored that they feel embarrassed by the leaks and may put their foot down on the rebound.
The leaks only imply ineptitude on their part so far. The only thing that embarrasses them is if their counterparts in US and UK do their actual job.
EU regulators are corrupt slobs.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I wonder if it's possible for Sony to use the whole Ubisoft streaming rights thing to their advantage at all. Could those games be streamed to PlayStation with modified button prompts or does a native PlayStation version have to exist first?

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
What if Sony owned Ubisoft? LOL
Don’t summon it bruh.
The fact Ubisoft was the sole publisher which offered to take in the role to helping Microsoft with their ABK plan, shows they have a deep relationship. I think Ubisoft would jump all over the place if Microsoft would bid an offer to acquire them. They don’t have much valuable IPs besides Prince of Persia, AC and maybe the Crew Motorfest. Not worth the trouble.

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Don’t summon it bruh.
The fact Ubisoft was the sole publisher which offered to take in the role to helping Microsoft with their ABK plan, shows they have a deep relationship. I think Ubisoft would jump all over the place if Microsoft would bid an offer to acquire them. They don’t have much valuable IPs besides Prince of Persia, AC and maybe the Crew Motorfest. Not worth the trouble.
What does jump all over the place mean? I can infer but I want you to say it.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Don’t summon it bruh.
I read that legally Microsoft can't buy Ubisoft for the next 15 years while the cloud streaming rights deal is active. Ubisoft aren't worth buying anyway, they are bloated with an extremely high amount of employees and Sony first party arguably do the Ubisoft-style game better than Ubisoft themselves at this point.

On a funny side note, Xbox fanboys on reddit were mad that Ubisoft got the streaming rights because they feel like Ubisoft is too friendly with Sony.

I think people accuse these companies of playing favorites sometimes when it really is just about money. Though in some cases like Zenimax and ABK, they clearly had a favorite, and we'll see how well that works out for them.

Last edited:

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
I read that legally Microsoft can't buy Ubisoft for the next 15 years while the cloud streaming rights deal is active. Ubisoft aren't worth buying anyway, they are bloated with an extremely high amount of employees and Sony first party arguably do the Ubisoft-style game better than Ubisoft themselves at this point.

On a funny side note, Xbox fanboys on reddit were mad that Ubisoft got the streaming rights because they feel like Ubisoft is too friendly with Sony.

I think people accuse these companies of playing favorites sometimes when it really is just about money. Though in some cases like Zenimax and ABK, they clearly had a favorite, and we'll see how well that works out for them.
Xbots just want MS to own everything and remove games permanently from PlayStation

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
The fact Ubisoft was the sole publisher which offered to take in the role to helping Microsoft with their ABK plan, shows they have a deep relationship.
What makes you think that? I had assumed that they offered MS the most money for it.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Off-topic but needs to be addressed again.
What a sad bunch of losers, I can only repeat myself. He is wishing for these acquisitions out of spite for other platforms smh
Muted this clown right after seeing his tweet

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
What a sad bunch of losers, I can only repeat myself. He is wishing for these acquisitions out of spite for other platforms smh

I think they're being sarcastic, lol.

Edit: Guess not

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Tbh, Sega is weird. They are cancelling games and firing employees in their Europe branch. They bought Rovio to look more attractive. They're also porting all their games to Xbox and launching them Day 1 on Game Pass. Very unusual behaviour for a company with long-term plans.

It's like Microsoft is only interested in the Japanese part so they're trimming down the fat. Rovio is obviously so Phil can fool Nutella again for a big cheque.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Tbh, Sega is weird. They are cancelling games and firing employees in their Europe branch. They bought Rovio to look more attractive. They're also porting all their games to Xbox and launching them Day 1 on Game Pass. Very unusual behaviour for a company with long-term plans.

It's like Microsoft is only interested in the Japanese part so they're trimming down the fat. Rovio is obviously so Phil can fool Nutella again for a big cheque.
Great point. Yes sega does seem to be operating like Sony is a partner they can seemingly drop in the future while also trying to get close to MS. I’m surprised Sony still occasionally markets their games but after MSs e3 where half of it was sega, I wonder if that relationship has changed any? Have any sega games been at their state of plays sense?

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Great point. Yes sega does seem to be operating like Sony is a partner they can seemingly drop in the future while also trying to get close to MS. I’m surprised Sony still occasionally markets their games but after MSs e3 where half of it was sega, I wonder if that relationship has changed any? Have any sega games been at their state of plays sense?
Seems like they're upset at Playstation again. It really took off once those documents came out that they were the reason their company is bottom of the barrel and Playstation wasn't the problem at all. Plus it seems like MS is trying to use them to try and gain a foot hold in Japan.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Seems like they're upset at Playstation again. It really took off once those documents came out that they were the reason their company is bottom of the barrel and Playstation wasn't the problem at all. Plus it seems like MS is trying to use them to try and gain a foot hold in Japan.
I honestly hope if Sega ever intends to sell, then I would favour Tencent buying them. Every company is fine instead of Microsoft.