Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Sega said it about MS valuing them more than Nintendo or Sony valued them.
MS probably did value them more than Nintendo or Sony. Nintendo might have taken the arcade gaming division even though they didn't really want it (note: Microsoft did not either and didn't even list it when talking about what studios and franchises they had) but in exchange would have had zero interest in the western PC-centric studios, which make up a deceptively high amount of Sega's output both in titles and revenue/profit. And while they would have fit in well with Sony, there probably just wasn't interest. What were they going to do with Sonic or the arcade titles?

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
This was already publicly released, right? Didn't it also come with a little guide to their franchises with pictures of the logos?

edit: Beaten.

edit 2:

I don't see that statement being made anywhere. Sony and Nintendo weren't actual targets on Microsoft's narrow list (or the big one,) whereas Sega I think was, and was apparently actively pursued. They didn't mention it but, of course, price was also part of what made Sega attractive. In theory their gaming assets could have been good value for money to them.
It was Sega saying that MS valued them more.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Very interesting. Philnocchio wants to buy up the industry so he can bully Gamepass onto other platforms. Not gonna work with developers avoiding it like the plague. If it becomes an Xbox 1st party-only service I can see it landing on PS as Microsoft's third party status is cemented.
The part that piqued my interest is where he mentions not wanting to allow Sony to compete more effectively with GP via ps plus he's the one crying about wanting to be able to compete but doesn't want Sony to be allowed to 🤣

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

This is the last hope for this thing to get blocked. Lina Khan sorry for ever doubting your fight queen. It’ll probably still go through just because of how corrupt the world is

When Activision goes to shit (and it will no doubt about it) Lina Khan will be the only one standing while CMA and EU will be looking real dumb...even if she loses her case.