Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
They want to know when the Switch 2 is coming out.

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Are they trying to pull the same stunt on Nintendo?
They will find Nintendo even more aggressive than Sony...

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I don't understand a lot of it but it seems MS is trying to find a gotcha in Sony's documents which shouldn't be entertained.
Why should I disclose my deals and secrets because you're trying to make a shitty power move?
Microsoft has always been vindictive in legal matters, and they have actually had their lawyers get sanctioned for their conduct in multiple cases. This shit is nothing new.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Nintendo has no horse in this race... why would they help MS?
Doesn't Nintendo basically have a "blue ocean " policy that involves not getting involved in fights between Sony and Microsoft when they can just be successful doing their own thing?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Doesn't Nintendo basically have a "blue ocean " policy that involves not getting involved in fights between Sony and Microsoft when they can just be successful doing their own thing?
The policy is actually that they won't compete with either, not that they won't cooperate with either (see: Goldeneye and Minecraft on Switch.)

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Hope you put it in the meme competition!

Also....

This extract shows how the CMA has considered the messages they received in support of putting COD in a sub service and decided the harm to competition outweighs the benefits.

This was the main thrust of why Xbox fans were supportive of this deal, their only real argument and it has been summarily destroyed here...
IMG_3041.png

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Hope you put it in the meme competition!

Also....

This extract shows how the CMA has considered the messages they received in support of putting COD in a sub service and decided the harm to competition outweighs the benefits.

This was the main thrust of why Xbox fans were supportive of this deal, their only real argument and it has been summarily destroyed here...
IMG_3041.png
using game pass as an Excuse was always stupid because if that was really MS’s goal they could’ve simply struck a deal with Activision for it.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
using game pass as an Excuse was always stupid because if that was really MS’s goal they could’ve simply strike a deal with Activision for it.
They could if they weren’t dead last and losing market share by the day.

Nobody takes marketing or exclusivity deals with the last place system unless the money is going to make up for the lost sales on other platforms, and with Xbox, that ship sailed 6 months into the previous generation.

Also, Kotick is too greedy to want anyone to be able to access COD during its release year for less than full price.