Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Let's look at this with a clear mind. While many gaming journalists, influencers, gaming media and all other hypocrites are still justifying Microsoft's plans, their total reach is still only a very, very, very few thousand, and these are just intersecting. For example, all of Fud's Benji proponents are the same as Jez and Destin. Even though Microsoft puts so much effort and money into it, it's completely meaningless. It is and remains the same community without reach or hearing. They just don't reach anyone except the ones they already have and aren't interesst gaming.
tom warren from the verge and even that tweaktown writer's article actually get spread pretty far on socials. jez destin and benji are bottom of the barrel bloggers.

D

Deleted member 417

but why destroy billions worth of sale and bet all on subs?

you speak like Phil with infinite money. no, what m$ is doing is not sustainable. they losing billions.

one move like that, can send Activision years back.. no one would risk with model which works wonders for them.
because activision did it before with world of warcraft. MMO subs are coming to normal games, they'll just be a different incentive. season passes or whatever they want to call it, but in sub form.

JohnnyLove

3 May 2023
tom warren from the verge and even that tweaktown writer's article actually get spread pretty far on socials. jez destin and benji are bottom of the barrel bloggers.

I miss numbers and clicks, but gamer will rarely get lost there. I mean, despite so much FUD and promises after years, the Xbox numbers are going down pretty sharply 2 years after the realease.. And Gamepass is stagnant despite the biggest propaganda from MS this industry has ever seen.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The MS economist looked like she produced a good testimony, but the FTC cross established she could not speak to anticompetitive incentives post-merger. She also focused her definitions of the markets on what's happening on Xbox, which the Nvidia exec offered a counterpoint to.

Her most erroneous take, and I didn't see it challenged, was that B2P and MGS were substitutions and therefore part of the same market because when games left the service, sales went up. That's not substitutability in the economic sense. That's the fact that the game is no longer available in one market, so consumers need to satisfy their desire to play that game. Substitutability is what FTC economist Lee described, which is looking at what happens if Xbox raises GP prices by $1, or Netflix does, which they'd be enabled to by monopolistic hold on content. People don't suddenly go out and buy games still available on the service.

Judge Corley also still clearly sees COD as unique in gaming despite MS efforts to downplay.

gokuss4

28 Jan 2023
This thread is a goldmine and judge hasn't locked it yet:

Maybe he's trying to hide his bias
Cuz he's getting exposed everywhere
And Sony fans are finally starting to get annoyed
Reeeeee Lost the Asian community and wrestling community Nintendo community sells community and if this stupidity continues they will lose the Playstation community soon
The activity in that stupid forums is declining every year

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Maybe he's trying to hide his bias
Cuz he's getting exposed everywhere
And Sony fans are finally starting to get annoyed
Reeeeee Lost the Asian community and wrestling community Nintendo community sells community and if this stupidity continues they will lose the Playstation community soon
The activity in that stupid forums is declining every year
Reee telling us how they really feel about the acquisition outside of MS' safe space thread.

Disgusting snakes
I hate Microsoft
My worst nightmare

You love to see it. When this deal fails and Xbox goes into the gutter with it, no tears will be shed.

Still a bit of "Sony too!!!" In there but at least it's getting ridiculed. In response to some twat saying single game exclusivity deals are even worse!!!1!!
As opposed to completely buying the company out? LOL what.

Here's a newsflash, not Sony too. MS as a company grows through acquisitions. They do not have the talent or the vision to grow otherwise. So while yes, it's obvious they're always considering mergers, it's not "standard business practice" to write emails saying how you'll use money to drive your competition out of business or plot anticompetitive mergers in an industry you're not able to self sufficiently compete in, and I'm sick of having brain-dead degenerates who've never held a corporate job in their lives tell me otherwise.