Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Microsoft buying up publishers left and right. Bill Gates buying up farm land and scorching the atmosphere. A Perfect future elite dystopian paradise.

Worse is nobody standing up to them...or very few at least. It's disappointing how so many people go along with something that will obviously do more harm in the future than good but these people are so short-term in their views... they would trade their whole future for a nice weekend.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Worse is nobody standing up to them...or very few at least. It's disappointing how so many people go along with something that will obviously do more harm in the future than good but these people are so short-term in their views... they would trade their whole future for a nice weekend.
Unfortunately they don't or won't care considering they get everything for a cheap subscription fee. If it saves them money that's all they care about gone are the days we support devs for their hard work.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
What do you think is the probability that the deal will go through?
0%

Nothing happening with the CMA right now is in Microsoft's favour.

I need people to step back and understand why Microsoft is trying to hold every regulator and legal system on the planet to the July 18th deadline. That's the moment when ABK can walk and MS has to pay them 3b, no questions asked.

Crying and wailing how unfair it is that processes go beyond that, manipulating stacked systems like Corley's courtroom, and sending out a PR blitz to make it sound like the deal has a new lease on life or is stronger than ever is not what a confident company would be doing.

The entire song and dance, the rabid muttery from Tom Warren (seriously, spay and neuter him) and other paid shills, all of it is to get Bobby to extend, which clearly hasn't happened and isn't happening.

Bobby sees how strong the forces at work are that just don't want Microsoft to succeed. He sees that despite all the money in the world, paid for senators, and corrupt judges, the deal is looking like more trouble than it's worth.

The CMA setting a new deadline of the 29th of August is likewise terrible news for the deal. If Microsoft were confident in their legal arguments, they would not have dropped the appeal.

I need people to understand that the CMA withdrawing from an appeal started by Microsoft is another sign of weakness for Microsoft. In the absence of an appeal, CMA's original decision stands, and that's a block.

Let's try to reframe it, shall we? If the FTC decided to withdraw their appeal to the 9th circuit, the other party to the appeal, MS, would have no reason to participate. None of their shills would be spinning it as MS and FTC agree to pause appeal or MS buckles because then the earlier decision in MS' favour stands.

Btw their response to the FTC is what professional gaslighting looks like.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
0%

Nothing happening with the CMA right now is in Microsoft's favour.

I need people to step back and understand why Microsoft is trying to hold every regulator and legal system on the planet to the July 18th deadline. That's the moment when ABK can walk and MS has to pay them 3b, no questions asked.

Crying and wailing how unfair it is that processes go beyond that, manipulating stacked systems like Corley's courtroom, and sending out a PR blitz to make it sound like the deal has a new lease on life or is stronger than ever is not what a confident company would be doing.

The entire song and dance, the rabid muttery from Tom Warren (seriously, spay and neuter him) and other paid shills, all of it is to get Bobby to extend, which clearly hasn't happened and isn't happening.

Bobby sees how strong the forces at work are that just don't want Microsoft to succeed. He sees that despite all the money in the world, paid for senators, and corrupt judges, the deal is looking like more trouble than it's worth.

The CMA setting a new deadline of the 29th of August is likewise terrible news for the deal. If Microsoft were confident in their legal arguments, they would not have dropped the appeal.

I need people to understand that the CMA withdrawing from an appeal started by Microsoft is another sign of weakness for Microsoft. In the absence of an appeal, CMA's original decision stands, and that's a block.

Let's try to reframe it, shall we? If the FTC decided to withdraw their appeal to the 9th circuit, the other party to the appeal, MS, would have no reason to participate. None of their shills would be spinning it as MS and FTC agree to pause appeal or MS buckles because then the earlier decision in MS' favour stands.

Btw their response to the FTC is what professional gaslighting looks like.
The whole 'CMA extension' thing is also a nice fallback for MS when ABK decides to walk away.

MS get to say 'we were in talks with regulators and were making progress in finding creative solutions and we were confident that their concerns could be appeased, but unfortunately ABK chose a different path'.

It softens the PR blowback if MS get to say that the deal wasn't "blocked", but rather it was ABK who "abandoned it".

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
We don't know. MS has restarted negotiations with them
there is no negotiations. deal is blocked.
unless m$ reworks contract with ABK and will present it to CMA. where if CMA accepts it, they will launch new investigation, in other words, drama continues and all wet xbots dreams will continue.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The whole 'CMA extension' thing is also a nice fallback for MS when ABK decides to walk away.

MS get to say 'we were in talks with regulators and were making progress in finding creative solutions and we were confident that their concerns could be appeased, but unfortunately ABK chose a different path'.

It softens the PR blowback if MS get to say that the deal wasn't "blocked", but rather it was ABK who "abandoned it".
Yep, the only asterisk I'll put on my previous comments is that Bobby might agree to a short extension for a lot more money. He's guaranteed 3b now, why not 4 or 5 if he sits tight for a few more months?

• brain
Reactions: Ezekiel

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Yep, the only asterisk I'll put on my previous comments is that Bobby might agree to a short extension for a lot more money. He's guaranteed 3b now, why not 4 or 5 if he sits tight for a few more months?
He could ask for more. 100B, 5B breakout fee, why not?

Current market cap of ATVI is 72B compared to the when they got proposed at 50B. Remember that

Reactions: Ezekiel

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Denied again. The FTC is completely powerless. Microsoft is basically the government and the judges are on their side. Lina should leave at this point. They don't want the FTC to even investigate. Nothing. Just let it go through.

how they denied so fast? do they any investigation? it looks like process is just for the eyes. wtf

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

DemonRavana

30 Jun 2023
how they denied so fast? do they any investigation? it looks like process is just for the eyes. wtf

They denied the emergency stay the FTC was seeking. It isn't a surprise (still disappointing though). The FTC can still appeal if it wants but MS may be able to close beforehand if the CMA pushes it through.