Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
I honestly hope if Sega ever intends to sell, then I would favour Tencent buying them. Every company is fine instead of Microsoft.

I love the ccp’s puppet company. Maybe a uyghur can sign that contract for Yukio Utsumi! Either way I can’t wait for segas new Chinese mobile games. What a staggering innovation! That’s surely better than that evil Microsoft buying a company for its ips and doing nothing with them.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I love the ccp’s puppet company. Maybe a uyghur can sign that contract for Yukio Utsumi! Either way I can’t wait for segas new Chinese mobile games. What a staggering innovation! That’s surely better than that evil Microsoft buying a company for its ips and doing nothing with them.
As cunty as the CCP is, it would be, yep. Maybe Resetera is a better outlet for your moral outrage. Microsoft is a garbage tier company.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Did you miss the news when US politicians and congress started attacking Sony, Japan and the FTC because they went against the mighty Microsoft? There is no difference between MS or Tencent, both are a front for the government.

Let me know when Tencent buys a publisher to make their games exclusives and to push cloud/subscriptions.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Did you miss the news when US politicians and congress started attacking Sony, Japan and the FTC because they went against the mighty Microsoft? There is no difference between MS or Tencent, both are a front for the government.

Let me know when Tencent buys a publisher to make their games exclusives and to push cloud/subscriptions.
💯 Microsoft has deep ties with the US government they do defense contracts FFS

Last edited:

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Did you miss the news when US politicians and congress started attacking Sony, Japan and the FTC because they went against the mighty Microsoft?

Maybe I’m wrong but if this was any other company you wouldn’t care. I also seem to recall Japan barring a US product from their country.
There is no difference between MS or Tencent, both are a front for the government.

Hmm perhaps so but guess what? I don’t shill for the ccp over a game console. that is immature bullshit.

Oh I’m sure they do oh wait never mind they do that through the numerous gaming companies they own.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023

Put Snes on ignore he's a raving madman whose not worth talking to on here.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Put Snes on ignore he's a raving madman whose not worth talking to on here.
If this is the occurence I am recalling then I am not sure how that makes me a lunatic from that one occurence for asking a question maybe my demeanor was what annoyed you. Either way (Unless I’m mistaken) I didn’t forget to take my meds this morning so all is good.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Look Microsoft was and is still struggling to manage their own 1st Party studios. Their output is horrible. They didn’t manage to make their 1st Party studios productive, how will MS to get Bethesda working properly again? It will even become worser when they will own Activision Blizzard King. You really want this company to get a grab on Sega? Hell no not only they mismanage their own studios it’s also a big no because of the buge cultural differences between an American and Japanese company. I assure you will be thankful if Tencent would buy Sega instead if Microsoft. Because the games will stay Multi-platform and secondly the Chinese culture is similar to Japan’s. I am fine with either a Chinese, South Korean or Japanese company buying Sega but not MICROSOFT for god’s sake.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Look Microsoft was and is still struggling to manage their own 1st Party studios. Their output is horrible. They didn’t manage to make their 1st Party studios productive, how will MS to get Bethesda working properly again?

Let bethesda sink their games are overrated anyways.
It will even become worser

im sorry but worser Isn’t a word worse is the correct word my friend.
when they will own Activision Blizzard King. You really want this company to get a grab on Sega? Hell no not only they mismanage their own studios it’s also a big no because of the buge cultural differences between an American and Japanese company. I assure you will be thankful if Tencent would buy Sega instead if Microsoft. Because the games will stay Multi-platform and secondly the Chinese culture is similar to Japan’s. I am fine with either a Chinese, South Korean or Japanese company buying Sega but not MICROSOFT for god’s sake.

1 China hates Japan with a passion. They constantly make anti Japanese propaganda.

2 I don’t support the buyout of any company.

3 this isn’t the cookies and rainbows your acting like it is. Thankful tencent buys up more gaming studios for their overlords so they can financially invade opposing nations? Yeah buddy I’m sure my dislike for the Biggest arm of the ccp isn’t justified.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Let bethesda sink their games are overrated anyways.

im sorry but worser Isn’t a word worse is the correct word my friend.

1 China hates Japan with a passion. They constantly make anti Japanese propaganda.

2 I don’t support the buyout of any company.

3 this isn’t the cookies and rainbows your acting like it is. Thankful tencent buys up more gaming studios for their overlords so they can financially invade opposing nations? Yeah buddy I’m sure my dislike for the Biggest arm of the ccp isn’t justified.
Autocorrect.

I didn’t say “I wish Tencent to buy Sega”. I was talking in the hypothetical case. Honestly everything would be fine. Just no to Microsoft and every American company in general.

• brain
Reactions: Snes nes

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Autocorrect.

I didn’t say “I wish Tencent to buy Sega”. I was talking in the hypothetical case. Honestly everything would be fine. Just no to Microsoft and every American company in general.
Maybe I’m being a little too standoffish in Some regards this isn’t life threatening anyways so not much to get worked up about.

24 Jun 2022
Sega will be Microsoft's next big target.

If Sega wants to join the failure of a clown circus that is Xbox then they are 100% allowed to do so. However, I'd expect a lot of big names to depart the company in doing so, either before the acquisition or a year or so later (like Shinji Mikami oddly leaving Tango Gameworks).

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Sega will be Microsoft's next big target.
Being their target doesn’t mean they will get what they wish for. This fantasy wish list of Microsoft is a pure joke. But yeah you Xbox fans are saying since Original Xbox launched that MS will buy Sega. Maybe in another 20 years. 💀

Reactions: BigMclargeHuge
24 Jun 2022
Lucky for them EU isn't probing

It's times like this I wish there was a vomit emoji reaction. But I'll just make do with this: 🤮

• haha
Reactions: Playstation Sucka

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
It's times like this I wish there was a vomit emoji reaction. But I'll just make do with this: 🤮
Well we knew it EUC would bow down to Microsoft. But they won’t be able to justify a next buyout by Microsoft. I wouldn’t worry about Microsoft trying to acquire another publisher. They will never get a third approved, no matter which country. Would be a clear pattern becoming visible even for the most incompetent antitrust authority.
Microsoft will wait until Sony buys a publisher themselves, so they could justify another pub with better terms.