Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
I don’t think any of us are prepared for the absolute, nonstop, insane disinformation and pressure campaign to attack the cma here soon. I’d imagine they’re getting their ducks in a row and paying off political and news allies as we speak but I think In a week or two we are going to see it full force. The deal expires in 2 months so that last month especially is going to be ugly, like extremely ugly IMO.

I’ll also add it’s disgusting how the Xbox cult still uses Sony as a punching bag as for why there was so much hang up from regulators about this deal. The console concerns have been completely dropped. Sony spoke out once maybe twice in a year and half of this ordeal. Every thing else from them has been from Microsoft themselves flaunting documents or just what they told regulators. If there’s anyone they should direct their anger at it should be google but I guess since they actually have enough money to pull the same stunts as ms and political leverage I’m sure, then it’s blame Sony because it can’t possibly be the merits of the deal itself.

lol such an overdramatization.

Doesn't anyone else get tired of going on and on about it? I have started adding keywords so I don't have to see such nonsense about this whole thing anymore because its getting ridiculous, I suggest you do the same unless you love the drama.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Doesn't anyone else get tired of going on and on about it? I have started adding keywords so I don't have to see such nonsense about this whole thing anymore because its getting ridiculous, I suggest you do the same unless you love the drama.

I do wish gaming in general would get focused back onto actual games.

But there's so much distraction now from the actual hobby and you're right that it's ridiculous at this stage. It's been dragged out so long with no end in sight.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

For now I’m done with this unless some news come.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
He's got his own website where he rants about things called Fosspatents. You couldn't pay me to wade through that garbage though. And there's just more of a general increase in bitterness and general antagonism from him rather than a single rant.

Oh, here it is.

Floride Muesli is having a meltdown.... he has tweet after tweet basically calling CMA corrupt...

and many more!

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
Screenshot-20230517-052124-Chrome.jpg

Not sure what's funnier. Getting Perm banned from the acquisition thread, or this post?

LED

Twitter Legend
26 Jun 2022
I hate how the discourse around the deal has become, Microsoft is dispatching all fanboys, Xbox ambassadors, influencers & even bot accounts, so many of them to the point you can't see the other sides' thoughts at all, or even if you want to chime in & speak your thoughts, you're already gaslit by them, swaths & swaths of these bootlicking accounts come in pretty hard to sway peoples' thoughts, it's like you can't come up with any thought that doesn't go the way they want, it's absolutely disgusting, it's gotten pretty political, they're thinking that will change the CMA's decision LMAO!!