Microsoft’s gaming chief hints that Xbox could get PC stores like Epic Games one day

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
At first, I thought this was BS but HipHopGamer spoke on this 2 months ago 😳 I still don't know how it'll be possible, but never doubt HHG

Damn this is going to flop harder than rosie odonell on a skating rink. Microsoft can't make a good pc storefront for the life of them. Also lol@thinking people want to deal with windows bullshit in a console.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Slow, clunky, barebones.

How is Epic Store gonna work on console when it doesn't have universal controller support?
I think its dumb to put it on consoles but I dont think its awful. Runs fine.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I swear majority of xbots on twitter re broke ass turds. Every where u read they talk how expensive games are, how gp saves money, how sony games keep price.....like wtf.

They just want cheap ass games no matter quality. Hoping ms ll finance gp forever.
Many of the hardcore Xbots (like that Adams Apple guy that used to post here) are rewards slaves that grind and spends tons of time figuring out how not to pay for gamepass or games.

Complete idiots that are too stupid realize its way easyer to just work and pay for the games you want to play.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Many of the hardcore Xbots (like that Adams Apple guy that used to post here) are rewards slaves that grind and spends tons of time figuring out how not to pay for gamepass or games.

Complete idiots that are too stupid realize its way easyer to just work and pay for the games you want to play.
Yeah, wanted to say the same. He would earn more by working and buying games.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Yeah, wanted to say the same. He would earn more by working and buying games.
There is no economic activity in the world that pays less per time invested than that rewards program, it should be illegal to exploit intellectually challenged individuals like that.

As with everything MS, they just want to cook the numbers for bing, gamepass or whatever metric is going to get the executives in charge better bonuses.

Reactions: VillaiN

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

It would be a PR disaster for Sony. The bean counters are getting what they deserve.

It would not. At this point, if PS games were ported to Xbox, nobody would even bat an eye because the brand is irrelevant and unknown in most places.
Ultimately, nobody would care.

DForce

Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Xbox fans are puffing hopium on twitter again. They think playing Steam/Epic store games on Xbox is going to be huge when it's not.

The vast majority of the notable games are already playable on consoles.... the only difference is that you're going to play "PlayStation" games on an "Xbox."

This doesn't sound like a move that will change the Xbox brand. I can see it selling less than the Xbox Series consoles.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Xbox fans are puffing hopium on twitter again. They think playing Steam/Epic store games on Xbox is going to be huge when it's not.

The vast majority of the notable games are already playable on consoles.... the only difference is that you're going to play "PlayStation" games on an "Xbox."

This doesn't sound like a move that will change the Xbox brand. I can see it selling less than the Xbox Series consoles.

Play “Playstation” games on an Xbox?

How?

Steam is a storefront not an emulator so the games will need to be ported over.

Secondly will Sony allow it? Sure….

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Steam is a storefront not an emulator so the games will need to be ported over.
The Xbox OS is built upon the Windows kernel. Pretty sure compatibility would not be a major issue. Might not work out of the box, but it won't be too difficult for them to get things working either.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
The Xbox OS is built upon the Windows kernel. Pretty sure compatibility would not be a major issue. Might not work out of the box, but it won't be too difficult for them to get things working either.

And Sony is gonna allow or do that?

Seriously the hopium.

First the most powerful console ever, then Gamepass and now we have multiple storefronts to somehow kill Sony.

Honestly I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at the thought process of these people.

What next? Sony and Microsoft decide to put IOS and Google store on their consoles so we can get Nintendo games like Pokemon Go etc on it.

Nintendo will and can’t do anything it.

Let’s leave this rubbish on twitter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
And Sony is gonna allow or do that?

Seriously the hopium.

First the most powerful console ever, then Gamepass and now we have multiple storefronts to somehow kill Sony.

Honestly I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at the thought process of these people.
It wouldn't kill Sony. It wouldn't make their console relevant in the slightest. Most people wouldn't care.

I'm just pointing out that technically, it could be done.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
It wouldn't kill Sony. It wouldn't make their console relevant in the slightest. Most people wouldn't care.

I'm just pointing out that technically, it could be done.
It feels like MS may be going down the SteamBox path. An open platform for the tv like what made Ouya compelling would likely get my money.

• brain
Reactions: Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

I'm just pointing out that technically, it could be done.q

It won’t be done as long as Xbox is in the console market and a direct competitor to Sony PlayStation.

Phil Spencer is just blowing hot air and his cult believe anything their messiah says.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Screenshot-20240326-200340-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240326-200205-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240326-200032-Chrome.jpg

Sony fucked themselves and it's really hilarious to watch. Let's see, what are they're going to do about it. Twitter & media is going to be unbearable.
lol don’t is blocking that shit and loads of 3rd parties. That’s what contracts are for

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Price is going to go up if they're not making up the money with software / paid online
Yeah, pc prices, profitable hardware. The Xbox store and gamepass will be front and centre tho. Controller optimised, and library curated for the big screen and experience.