Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass service grows to 34 million subscribers. Core/Gold numbers included.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It's everything.

Very weak considering all the time and effort put into growing it.
If it includes that, it seems so bad it's actually shocking. What is PS+ at like 40 something million? Wasn't gold at a pretty good number on its own? Both of them together being 34 million sounds like a complete disaster ...

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
It's everything.

Very weak considering all the time and effort put into growing it.
Yeah when I first heard it I thought 'wow' because I remember it being 25m a couple years back. But given it includes the Core, and the sheer number of PC GamePass promos they've been running it's piss poor.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
If you recall, during his meltdown last week TimDog said GamePass has the largest churn of any entertainment subscription service....

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
If it includes that, it seems so bad it's actually shocking. What is PS+ at like 40 something million? Wasn't gold at a pretty good number on its own? Both of them together being 34 million sounds like a complete disaster ...
Ps plus is mid to high 40 million. And does not include $1 promos or PC.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
"Grows"... Just like they suddenly had a double-digit "growth" on PC after counting ABK games.

Austin Powers Laser GIF

24 Jun 2022
That is an awful number considering they were at 25 million at the start of 2022. And IIRC, wasn't it at 41 million after they rolled in XBL Gold subs?

So did 7 million of those subs cancel? Or was the 41 million always bunk?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Unprecedented failure. For comparison last time I checked Sony had close to 50m subscriber to PS+.

PS+ must be much cheaper to maintain as it hardly ever includes day 1 games and even Sony games take a long time to enter the service most of the time.

If Sony is having a problem with low margins how much money must Xbox and Gamepass be costing MS to maintain? They can't sell hardare, they can't sell games and they can't even sell a cheap subscription available on Xbox/PC/cloud.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS