Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass service grows to 34 million subscribers. Core/Gold numbers included.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
they had 11.7 million gold members( in april 2022 ) and 25 million game pass members ( last report )
so they have lost more than 2 million users 😂
I tought they were cracking down on gamepass promot but I was still able to get a $1 trial around Starfield release last year and got 3 months for $4 to play Persona 3 Reload in one of these shady stores Xbox fans advertise.

These are numbers after they released their "Game of the generation" Starfield. :ROFLMAO:

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Will be sleeping like a baby knowing Xbox is a failure by every metric.

sleepy-relax.gif

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Remember, Xbox internal goal was 100m suscribers 5 years from now.

That is the vision Phil Spencer sold to Nadella before spending over $80B in acquisitions and piling up loss after loss.

XboxLeadershipGaming.png

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That is an awful number considering they were at 25 million at the start of 2022. And IIRC, wasn't it at 41 million after they rolled in XBL Gold subs?

So did 7 million of those subs cancel? Or was the 41 million always bunk?
Tom Warren confirms it included Core so they lost on the 25 millions

Awful awful numbers. I'm shocked to my core. Complete stagnation and no growth for 2 years 😬

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
There is also the fact that PC Gamepass costs the same as Gamepass Core right? Those numbers are terrible, how does Phil Spencer manages to keep his job? Dude has been sabotaging Xbox for 15+ years.

Hellblade 2 better pull some crazy numbers to make up for Starfield.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Reactions: Sunrise Ninja

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
There is also the fact that PC Gamepass costs the same as Gamepass Core right? Those numbers are terrible, how does Phil Spencer manages to keep his job? Dude has been sabotaging Xbox for 15+ years.

Hellblade 2 better pull some crazy numbers to make up for Starfield.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX
Hellblade 2 is 6 hours long. They'll cancel their sub before lunchtime on launch day.

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
It probably includes Core but it's awful either way.

Only 9 millions in over 2 years with all the countries added for PC and streaming. Absolutely no growth at all 😬
Would love to see their internal data. It's pretty obvious that most people subscribe for a month to play a new day and date game and then immediately cancel before it renews after 30 days. I wonder what percentage of their yearly users fall under that bucket. It must be a significant percentage of people. And only until recently, they even allowed you (at least on PC) to resubscribe with the $1 trial price. Satya probably blew a gasket when Phil and friends had to present this data to him.