Minecraft Legends sold 76% on Switch, 19% on PlayStation platforms, 5% on Xbox | UK Charts

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Minecraft Legends selling most on Switch isn't a surprise at all especially when you factor in the mobile/handheld aspect of the hybrid console. As for Xbox, I will never understand why so many people act shocked or surprised when game sales are low due to Game Pass. Game Pass IS Microsoft's business model. First party software sales on Xbox consoles is literally just a bonus for them as a company.
It would be if those games brought in a lot of registrations and held the ones they have.

But as it is now the whole thing makes no sense.

22 Apr 2023
If I was mod there I would have given your IP address and other info to help the mob hunt you down and make sure your life is hell from now on!
hahaha Thank god for VPN. but I am pretty sure the mob will burn my house if they know where I live and that I am playing a wizard game they didn't like.
if fascism had a forum that will be ResetEra I guess.

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
Probably? Based on...?
The whole point of gamepass is to have the lowest sales? That's some business strategy

They are driving subs, not game sales. Would you expect an artist to sell more physical CDs when their music is on Spotify?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Sorry guys, copied the list from ResetEra, hence Hogwart's name was missing. Forgot to double check :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Removed from friend's list,

Get Out Fruit GIF by Chris Cimino

P

peter42O

It would be if those games brought in a lot of registrations and held the ones they have.

But as it is now the whole thing makes no sense.

Game Pass for Microsoft makes the most sense. Their entire company is built around services and subscriptions and in turn, based around recurring revenue and profits. Minecraft is massive in general. It doesn't need to be massive for Game Pass to be successful or for Microsoft to make a shit ton of money off it. The major first party titles will be what grows Game Pass subscriptions and other day one games. Minecraft Legends is like Hi Fi Rush, a bonus for those who are already subscribed and a game that others will look at when they sign up after the major titles like Starfield release.

24 Jun 2022
Probably played most on Xbox. It’s on Gamepass…. That’s the whole point of Gamepass.

You're not making up a 71% sales difference with MAU on a service that has stagnated at around 25 million subs where games like Minecraft (or the offshoots) aren't really that popular.

Or are you under the thinking that "Xbox" is anything with a Microsoft account or Game Pass access like PC and mobile? Because those aren't Xbox consoles.

Surprisingly low on PS

Not really. Minecraft Legends is an offshoot, and I always figured Minecraft as an IP is HEAVILY popular on mobile devices these days. Switch is a hybrid, its brand and audience already gravitate to games like Minecraft, so it's not surprising.

Minecraft Legends selling most on Switch isn't a surprise at all especially when you factor in the mobile/handheld aspect of the hybrid console. As for Xbox, I will never understand why so many people act shocked or surprised when game sales are low due to Game Pass. Game Pass IS Microsoft's business model. First party software sales on Xbox consoles is literally just a bonus for them as a company.

Well it needs to start doing better. The promise of all 1P AAA games Day 1, 25 million subscribers but pulling in little more than $2 billion a year in service revenue isn't a great look.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 417

They told us 25 million in January 2022.
Let's say that GP has hit 35 million.

That's 35 million of 100 million PC players and 70ish million xbox owners.

Of that 35 million, most don't play big games that come to gamepass.

It's a failure.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Let's say that GP has hit 35 million.

That's 35 million of 100 million PC players and 70ish million xbox owners.

Of that 35 million, most don't play big games that come to gamepass.

It's a failure.

Per what that Linkedin thing said, they have ~25M still. There's a reason why gamepass is being offered with Pringles, Oreos, and probably condoms at some point in the future: It's a crap service that people only pay into because they could get it for 1 quid or with a bag of crisps.

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
Sony doesn't know the number, they just made an estimate.

It's like when people were celebrating 30 millions when the Take 2 CEO said that randomly in an interview back in 2021 then it was confirmed to be at 25 millions 6 months later.
And your estimate is closer than Sonys? lol

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Game Pass for Microsoft makes the most sense. Their entire company is built around services and subscriptions and in turn, based around recurring revenue and profits. Minecraft is massive in general. It doesn't need to be massive for Game Pass to be successful or for Microsoft to make a shit ton of money off it. The major first party titles will be what grows Game Pass subscriptions and other day one games. Minecraft Legends is like Hi Fi Rush, a bonus for those who are already subscribed and a game that others will look at when they sign up after the major titles like Starfield release.
What makes more sense for Microsoft is going third party.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417