Minecraft Legends sold 76% on Switch, 19% on PlayStation platforms, 5% on Xbox | UK Charts

D

Deleted member 417

There are 70 million xbox owners? I don't think there more than 40
I'm being very generous with the numbers and I'm counting both generations. I've found that if you over-onflate the numbers for shills, they more easily they fall into traps.

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
COD is the most popular game on PS (by a significant margin). If made exclusive to Xbox/pc, millions would get a Xbox.

I don’t expect MS to make it exclusive though.
Expecting millions to get an Xbox/PC is different from expecting a paradigm shift. Yea millions would probably get an Xbox for COD but I doubt it would be in the amount necessary to sustain COD. Jumping platforms isn’t something that is easily done what more for just one game.

The more realistic scenario is that while some would switch for COD the overwhelming majority would stay where they are. I can see like maybe 10 million at most switching, the rest will probably stay where they are and move on to a different shooter or game. It would be far more disastrous to the COD franchise than it would be for Sony to be honest. That’s why I believe MS when they say they have no plans to take COD away from Playstation.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
Expecting millions to get an Xbox/PC is different from expecting a paradigm shift. Yea millions would probably get an Xbox for COD but I doubt it would be in the amount necessary to sustain COD. Jumping platforms isn’t something that it’s easily done what more for just one game.

The more realistic scenario is that while some would switch for COD the overwhelming majority would stay where they are. I can see like maybe 10 million at most switching, the rest will probably stay where they are and move on to a different shooter or game. It would be far more disastrous to the COD franchise than it would be for Sony to be honest. That’s why I believe MS when they say they have no plans to take COD away from Playstation.
I mean I don’t disagree, but Sony is the one that claimed they can’t compete without cod for whatever reason

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
I mean I don’t disagree, but Sony is the one that claimed they can’t compete without cod for whatever reason
I don’t recall them ever saying that.

I do remember them saying that COD is irreplaceable as an easy revenue generator for them which is true. No other game generates easy money for them like COD does. They don’t invest any of their money into it but it still generates tons of money and revenue for them just by being in their store.

They would easily survive and even thrive without COD. COD on the other hand would sustain irreparable harm without the PS platform. It’s actually COD that needs the PS platform more than the other way around.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Why would anyone buy it on Xbox when you can play it via Gamepass? I’m legit baffled why people don’t understand the entire point of gamepass. 🤣
Some say they use gamepass as a paid demo service then they buy the games! This sounds like a very convincing reason to pay for gamepass! This is also why it will never hurt games sales on xbox, it actually boosts sales if anything!

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
😂 You really think that GamePass revenue alone will be enough to sustain a juggernaut like COD that is used to making billions of dollars in a week?
If it had to sustain only one big game per a year it could probably work, but in order to get people to buy in MS needs to at least match Sony's output to get people's attention + pay smaller devs and other big publishers to put some of their games on there.

This is a lot of money to spend on licensing deals, studios of their own, and trying to make enough so that in the end you have more profit than if you did the same with games that you sold (they're not going through all this trouble to make the same profit margins as they would otherwise if they made the same effort).