MS and Gaming Revenue Overview

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
That's actually a pretty good job considering they've been shitting the bed on the software differentiation side for a decade plus (10 + years)... not a trivial number. Should have cratered harder a long time ago. Sony's marketing is too ladaisical to go for the kill, year after year.
Having the enthusiast press of an entire industry on your payroll or at least tamed can prop up a shitty product for a long time.

Who knew?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Everyone that understands the media game in the U.S/UK market. Pay to Play baby. Access/Ad money/Relationships/Career advancement. The mix is that simple. Sony can spread the dough... it's just business. Want to be frugal? Well go ahead... but you're letting your competition fill the vacuum and compensate for their shortcomings with media space cover up - as Phil says "perception management". Ain't nothing free, and ain't nothing fair.

The tools of war are equally there for access.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Having the enthusiast press of an entire industry on your payroll or at least tamed can prop up a shitty product for a long time.

Who knew?
Wait you're telling me the likes of
Justin Davis
Jeff Grubb
Tom Warren
Jez Corden
Zachary Ryan
may not be on the up and up
Oh My God Reaction GIF

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Wait you're telling me the likes of
Justin Davis
Jeff Grubb
Tom Warren
Jez Corden
Zachary Ryan
may not be on the up and up
Oh My God Reaction GIF
Literally half the staff of EGM for the first two years of Xbox existing went on to work for MS or MS-owned studios by the time the 360 came out.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Forecast to next quarter.

I won’t say the new Surface is dead lol
MS has way more reasons to blame this quarter than Xbox.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022

Holy fuck. Two of the worst takes in 2023 Gaming Twitter from one man. His first was picking over 343's carcass the actual day 343 was gutted.

If only there was a thing called bad management. We can't decide that yet with Phil since he is new to the job, only 8+ years so far...give him time

• thinking_hard
Reactions: KiryuRealty
D

Deleted member 417

Could the GP numbers be so bad that Microsoft is delaying games to bump numbers?

If 10 million subscribed in October to play Starfield in November, who are then told Starfield has a short delay, how many of those 10 million would cancel their GP?

I know it sounds a bit conspiracy theory whacky, but all of the companies that give you '1 free month!' do it knowing that the majority of people won't cancel their subs out of laziness.

Reactions: Dabaus

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Hi Bryank ! Yes, HW sales are the big red flag so soon in a new gen. I agree the lack of great exclusives definitely hurt them.

It looks to me a lot of GP growrh depends on Starfield success now... That game should definitely bring subscribers, but why would they stay on the long run ?
Don't be a stranger yo.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
yeah, xbox one x are worthless now, so i wouldn't expect much. If i was looking to collect xbox, i'd be eying one of the 360 models. that would give you access to the 2 relevant gens of xbox (OG and 360) with full compatability. xbone and onwards has been a wash, not one fully exclusive title worth playing today.