[Nadeshot] “ For some reason, everybody in the gaming community wants games to fail"

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
This made me think of icon-era.

IMO its not games that have started to suck its the overly cynical discourse around gaming that is beginning to suck the fun out of it. I feel like the most critical people just do not enjoy gaming, or they’re depressed and taking out their frustrations on games or the people who make them.

There are certainly people who enjoy the relenting dumping on games more than the actual hobby itself

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Bad games and bad games that are only made to push agendas should fail.

Why not let them naturally fail if they are truly bad then?

It feels more like you want perfectly fine games to fail because they don’t cater to your interest. If the games were actually bad you wouldn’t need to go out of your way to “make” them fail

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
People have always been like this, but because social media is so much more prevalent, it's the worst its ever been.

Video Games
TV/Movies
Books
Etc...

Any form of entertainment you're into nowadays, you're sure to get a bunch of people going like this:

images

It's not enough to not want to engage with a certain product anymore, you've got an army of randos online that feel entitled to "convert" people to The Truth. Honestly, it's like everyone is a Sports Team fans, you've gotta champion something and hate everything else.
Weirdo behaviour from a lot of people.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Alot of the internet/social media is all about spectating/predicting drama.
Either something has to be awesome, or so terrible. Win and be championed or be cancelled. Then its like they are all in a bandwagon for war lol.

People want to say I told you so, or Im right and you’re wrong. Even if its for the smallest detail.
Its getting ridiculous everywhere, and video games forums/social media for sure is part of it.

New age people claim we’ve evolved to become more open, accepting and better people. But I see alot of bullying and tribalism

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Why not let them naturally fail if they are truly bad then?

It feels more like you want perfectly fine games to fail because they don’t cater to your interest. If the games were actually bad you wouldn’t need to go out of your way to “make” them fail
They will fail naturally, Flopcord pretty much already has. But in the meantime there's nothing wrong with making jokes about trash games....Making a few small jokes about a trash game on a forum is hardly "going out of our way to make them fail" 🤣🤣🤣

Y'all need to stop crying over the opinions of others.
Bad games and bad games that are only made to push agendas should fail.
Facts, when garbage games like Suicide Squad and Flopcord fail, it's much better for the gaming community as a whole. It sends a message to stupid developers/investors that this isn't what we want.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
People have always been like this, but because social media is so much more prevalent, it's the worst its ever been.

Video Games
TV/Movies
Books
Etc...

Any form of entertainment you're into nowadays, you're sure to get a bunch of people going like this:

images

It's not enough to not want to engage with a certain product anymore, you've got an army of randos online that feel entitled to "convert" people to The Truth. Honestly, it's like everyone is a Sports Team fans, you've gotta champion something and hate everything else.
Weirdo behaviour from a lot of people.

Yep.
You’ll see the craziest argument topics. Tigers vs Lions Ive known for years. Hulk vs Superman. But recently I heard the term toxic tiger fanboy lol
History fans, sports fans, and almost everything is becoming like this. I spend alot of time with buddhists online for work, and some of the clicks and arguments there… at least they aren't killing each other

@Sircaw have you ever been a victim of a toxic tiger fanboy as a fish?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
oh, i am shocked. who have thought that pushing straight forward degenerate agendas would be accepted in gaming. all DEI, affirmative action harbored nothing but talentless soy shitheads who can't see further than their imbecile ideology.
it isn't just gaming, movies, series too.

no need to wine when you alienating your majority of gamers and even double down to offend them even further.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
oh, i am shocked. who have thought that pushing straight forward degenerate agendas would be accepted in gaming. all DEI, affirmative action harbored nothing but talentless soy shitheads who can't see further than their imbecile ideology.
it isn't just gaming, movies, series too.

no need to wine when you alienating your majority of gamers and even double down to offend them even further.
I wouldnt say its just fans who vote with there wallets and keyboards against DEI/soy stuff. The woke side is also super into cancelling things.
Almost Everything is getting the COD infinite Warfare treatment or opposite lol

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
That is hyperbole. Everyone wants games like xdefiant to fail, not all games.
I wasn’t positive about that game….. until I played it. Nothing wrong with a group of devs trying to give CoD competition. Also, it’s actually a great game.

Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
The thread mentioning that people praying for games to fail is filled with the same bad actors that clutter this board.

People warn of doom and gloom of console gaming because that's the narrative pushed to explain why the Xbox is failing. Some people regurgitate that talking point.

Likewise when a new Sony IP comes out we hear the same shit. Days Gone, we heard a small few in media claim we are sick of the white man in gaming... funny how the same media journalists never brought up this talking point again. However the talking point was regurgitated by idiot posters.

For Ghost of Tsushima, we got the narrative drom games journalists that Japanese lore shouldn't be trampled on by American devs.. This was regurgitated again by posters and bad faith actors..but we see no commentary from games journalists on the new Assassin's Creed.

People need to use their eyes and form their own opinions on games. Imagine there are people pathetic enough than 90% of their posts are shitting on a game they refuse to play. There are about 13k games on PS4 & PS5 yet they waste every post shitting on a game they refuse to play. And rather than tell them to fuck off, we allow that shit discussion. Surely playing the game and forming an opinion is an opinion worth listening to

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Me personally I find it best to look for all the positives. If I didn’t then I wouldn’t be able to enjoy gaming. I love the games I buy, I love my PS and Xbox, and I love game forums.

I guess I’m just old school.
There are thousands of games. I'm currently playing Tombi! and that is a re-release of a 2.5d game about a boy with pink hair wanting to get his grandfather's bracelet back from evil pigs. That game isn't for everyone but if you don't like it...play another game 🤯

I agree with looking at positives but, if a game or genre doesn't fit you, that's okay too. There is plenty of choice to go around

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Facts, when garbage games like Suicide Squad and Flopcord fail, it's much better for the gaming community as a whole. It sends a message to stupid developers/investors that this isn't what we want.
Seriously, this. If its a game you have no interest in, and its going to take up all of a good developer's time for a decade or more, then you should want it to fail. Or, to put it another way, if you really, really, really loved Warcraft 3 and wanted Warcraft 4 then you would have been better off if WoW flopped.