[Nadeshot] “ For some reason, everybody in the gaming community wants games to fail"

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Seriously, this. If its a game you have no interest in, and its going to take up all of a good developer's time for a decade or more, then you should want it to fail. Or, to put it another way, if you really, really, really loved Warcraft 3 and wanted Warcraft 4 then you would have been better off if WoW flopped.
Yep, it's common sense but these toxic positive pricks are trying to gaslight us for wanting better. 9 years down the toilet for Suicide Squad when we could've had 2-3 proper single player games from Rocksteady in the same time frame. But nah, we're evil for wanting it to fail, we need to just mindlessly consume the slop and being happy about it 😂🤣

WoW/Warcraft 4 is a bad analogy because at least WoW is (was) a good game for many years. I can't get mad at a developer for making a game that might not be for me if it's at least good. But when a developer focuses on something as awful as Concord or Suicide Squad, then we should all collectively hate on it and wish for it to fail. It's the right thing to do and only corporate slaves will call you toxic for it (including Nadeshot).

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Yep.
You’ll see the craziest argument topics. Tigers vs Lions Ive known for years. Hulk vs Superman. But recently I heard the term toxic tiger fanboy lol
History fans, sports fans, and almost everything is becoming like this. I spend alot of time with buddhists online for work, and some of the clicks and arguments there… at least they aren't killing each other

@Sircaw have you ever been a victim of a toxic tiger fanboy as a fish?
I think there is way too much negativity on this subject.

I do understand people's concerns, and I have expressed a few myself, but sometimes it really feels like some people just want to watch the world burn.

It really is a case of "if I don't like it, I don't want you to like it."

Sometimes I wonder if a couple of people on these forums actually play games. as all they do is seem to bitch and moan more than they talk about games, hence the Doomers and Gloomers thread.

For me, I am slightly more worried about AI and how that is going to affect the game industry.

I really do think that is going to be a much, much bigger problem in the not-too-distant future than something like Concord.

At the end of the day, sales will determine a game's success, and if Concord fails, it will send a very clear message to Sony.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
At the end of the day, sales will determine a game's success, and if Concord fails, it will send a very clear message to Sony.
The wrong message will be sent unfortunately because this is easily one of the most pro-consumer multiplayer games we've gotten in awhile. Would be a shame to see them water down their approach to online games and succumb to the grindy / MTX riddled formula.

There are many ways they can salvage Concord but it will also be left up to FireWalk to start reading the room a little

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko and Sircaw

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yep, it's common sense but these toxic positive pricks are trying to gaslight us for wanting better. 9 years down the toilet for Suicide Squad when we could've had 2-3 proper single player games from Rocksteady in the same time frame. But nah, we're evil for wanting it to fail, we need to just mindlessly consume the slop and being happy about it 😂🤣

WoW/Warcraft 4 is a bad analogy because at least WoW is (was) a good game for many years. I can't get mad at a developer for making a game that might not be for me if it's at least good. But when a developer focuses on something as awful as Concord or Suicide Squad, then we should all collectively hate on it and wish for it to fail. It's the right thing to do and only corporate slaves will call you toxic for it (including Nadeshot).
Crazy that because Concord has some characters y'all don't like it's suddenly become an awful game. When it's pretty much doing everything right.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Crazy that because Concord has some characters y'all don't like it's suddenly become an awful game. When it's pretty much doing everything right.
that's just one of many issues it has...why do you think it couldn't even get 3k ccu for FREE? 🤣 That's sad! Look at the Wukong benchmark on PC, it had over 80k ccu 😂 There's levels to this bruh and Concord couldn't even get past level 1!

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Unfortunately I can’t understand that mentality.

And it is one of the reasons we can’t have new and nice things because developers fear to risk to end having these weirdo making cancel campaigns lol

Its like twitter how the biggest console warriors on there always have low ass gamer scores or trophies.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
that's just one of many issues it has...why do you think it couldn't even get 3k ccu for FREE? 🤣 That's sad! Look at the Wukong benchmark on PC, it had over 80k ccu 😂 There's levels to this bruh and Concord couldn't even get past level 1!
Funny how you still haven't stated one of these many issues

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Regarding Concord.

To the masses : It’s derivative, strikes as a B grade copy of games already out. It’s too cynical in its DEI that turns off majority of dudes. Dudes are the lifeblood of the industry. It’s charging an admission fee where others are free.

To Sony Fans : waste of time where we as Sony fans expect epic story telling, gfx and gameplay from the Brand. We get enough MP options already.

To the industry pundits: 1 + 2, plus the market is over saturated for this type of game, time is limited, you’re trying to carve out a slice of an already maxed out pie - why would it? Setup to fail.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Because what's understood doesn't need to be explained 😎 Hell, the CCU speaks for itself, do I need to say anymore? 😂🤣😂
So you have nothing other than you're hiding behind steam numbers. It's funny how you're so against PC ports but suddenly Steam CCU is what you will use to determine that a Sony multiplayer is trash 🤣
Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
So you have nothing other than you're hiding behind steam numbers. It's funny how you're so against PC ports but suddenly Steam CCU is what you will use to determine that a Sony multiplayer is trash 🤣
Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter
I don't get what the correlation is there? So because I'm against PC ports, I have to pretend like public player count data doesn't exist? 😂😂😂 What kind of logic is that? 🤣 Especially when I use the exact same CCU data to show why PC ports aren't worth it 🤣 And when I use that as a piece of evidence of why PC ports are a bad idea, you agree with me. But now that it's against a game you like, we have to pretend like it's irrelevant 😂

You're scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Regarding Concord.

To the masses : It’s derivative, strikes as a B grade copy of games already out. It’s too cynical in its DEI that turns off majority of dudes. Dudes are the lifeblood of the industry. It’s charging an admission fee where others are free.

To Sony Fans : waste of time where we as Sony fans expect epic story telling, gfx and gameplay from the Brand. We get enough MP options already.

To the industry pundits: 1 + 2, plus the market is over saturated for this type of game, time is limited, you’re trying to carve out a slice of an already maxed out pie - why would it? Setup to fail.
I disagree as a Sony fan 🤷‍♂️

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I don't get what the correlation is there? So because I'm against PC ports, I have to pretend like public player count data doesn't exist? 😂😂😂 What kind of logic is that? 🤣 Especially when I use the exact same CCU data to show why PC ports aren't worth it 🤣 And when I use that as a piece of evidence of why PC ports are a bad idea, you agree with me. But now that it's against a game you like, we have to pretend like it's irrelevant 😂

You're scraping the bottom of the barrel now.
Yes it's the hypocrisy of the fact you're acting like suddenly a PlayStation multiplayer can only be a success if PC numbers are good... You're nothing but a hypocrite since you've spent the last year talking about how bad PC sales are for PlayStation games. 🤡

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
Unfortunately this site is turning into Resetera too with constant doom posting g and shitposti about Playstation.

It's inescapable unfortunately. It's about a dozen persistent accounts making this site awful too like Danja1187 and JAHGamer which shocker, ate already in this thread shitposting nonsense garbage

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Unfortunately this site is turning into Resetera too with constant doom posting g and shitposti about Playstation.

It's inescapable unfortunately. It's about a dozen persistent accounts making this site awful too like Danja1187 and JAHGamer which shocker, ate already in this thread shitposting nonsense garbage
How far up your ass did you push your fingers before typing out this comment full of shit? Put me on ignore and kindly eff off