NCSOFT and Sony Interactive Entertainment Announce Strategic Partnership

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Actually let me be petty and continue this since you still insist on trying to rewrite history. It was not I who brought up "1 million" it was in-fact your little buddy who you are currently d**k riding so hard for in here:

To which I replied back to him stating I'll be disappointed if that's the least they could break in France in this year and went on to say I expect at least 1.3 million... To which he eventually agreed they will break 1.3 and possibly exceeded 🤣... Which makes his and your whole issue with my comment the more funny.
I don't have any problem with you, but to be clear the issue isn't the number, it's your perspective on the number.

1-1.3 would be great.
1.3 mil is incredible.
1.5 would probably be a record when factoring in revenue.

It's not about having different standards, the above is just the reality of it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I don't have any problem with you, but to be clear the issue isn't the number, it's your perspective on the number.

1-1.3 would be great.
1.3 mil is incredible.
1.5 would probably be a record when factoring in revenue.

It's not about having different standards, the above is just the reality of it.
My perspective shouldn't be an issue for you in general. I'm free to have a personal expectation of a product given the circumstances. My figures were realistic... This entire thing was just you and others having an issue with the fact I said I was disappointed and used the word "underperforming"... That's it.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
My perspective shouldn't be an issue for you in general. I'm free to have a personal expectation of a product given the circumstances. My figures were realistic... This entire thing was just you and others having an issue with the fact I said I was disappointed and used the word "underperforming"... That's it.
Nope, the entire thing was you having unrealistic expectations as a baseline and not recognising that the PS5 was tracking above it. Basically, your comment was completely unnecessary and your perspective is warped. That's my perspective on the matter. No need to reply

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Nope, the entire thing was you having unrealistic expectations as a baseline and not recognising that the PS5 was tracking above it. Basically, your comment was completely unnecessary and your perspective is warped. That's my perspective on the matter. No need to reply
Basically you were bothered by the words I used lol. You agree with my baseline figure, so I dunno who you think you're fooling here other than the two posters who went around liking your comments. 👋🏽

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Japans studios sales and the on-going game discussion on them for anything outside Ueda games kind of says it all.

No one cared when they were around and most people don’t now outside a vocal minority that probably didn’t buy most of their games brand new anyway

Same with pixel opus and media molecule. No one played or cared about Concrete Genie or Dreams but people were distraught when the former got shut down and the latter were told to move on. Yet, everyone will rush out to buy spider-man 2 and then lament on how insomniac is a marvel factory lol

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
WThis whole Sony Japan needs to return to greatness is an agenda set by fanboys on the rival console. Outside of Polyphony Digital they have never been top tier Sony Japan devs.

Not everything is an agenda by rivals. Ive been complaining about it for years. Im not an Xbox fan.

I think Shadow of the Collosus and Ico were great titles. And the smaller titles were great.

I actually meant Japanese 3rd party Studios tbh not Japan Studios, but either way. Id invest in them 1st and then Invest in lesser known korean, indian and chinese devs

Reactions: Diah

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Not everything is an agenda by rivals. Ive been complaining about it for years. Im not an Xbox fan.

I think Shadow of the Collosus and Ico were great titles. And the smaller titles were great.

I actually meant Japanese 3rd party Studios tbh not Japan Studios, but either way. Id invest in them 1st and then Invest in lesser known korean, indian and chinese devs
To be fair, some Japan studios were great (at least for a niche, like Ueda games, Gravity Rush, Loco Roco, Parapaa, Puppeteer) and a lot were mediocre or bad even if may had some fan or had something unique (Tokyo Jungle, Rain, The Last Guy, Knack etc). The thing is that even if a few were praised by the media, none of them was a hit on sales.

Same goes with the 2nd party Japanese games. I'd bet Death Stranding is the only one who sold over 5-6M copies. Regarding 2nd party this team are now making a bigger effort than ever did:
  • Death Stranding 2
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • Stellar Blade
  • Other Asian SIE 2nd party games as could be some of the India or China hero project titles
Regarding smaller Asian games developed by 3rd party studios, in the past the best option for both sides was having Sony publishing them. Now in most cases it's to allow them so self publish and only ask them a timed console exclusive in exchange for PR & marketing support via PlayStation Indies for Japanese ones, or in case of Chinese or Indian via their Hero Projects. Sony supports more small games than ever via this area.

The case of NC Soft is different: they are a giant in mobile and PC for Asia. They can help Sony in Asia mostly in mobile and PC, and maybe with some console game that potentially may end being a hit even beyond Asia as happened with Genshin Impact. Same goes with Stellar Blade, maybe not a Genshin Impact level success but it may have a level of success similar to Bayonetta or Devil May Cry, which for that genre/niche is great, and having that IP would help Sony to don't relay only in GoW for it regarding 1st party efforts.

They also have a partnership and investment with Kadokawa (+ From Software) whose results are still WIP and unannounced. They also had multiple exclusivity deals with Square like FFVIIR, FFXVI, FFVII Rebirth, some new IPs (Forspoken and Foamstars) etc, with Konami for the Silent Hills, with Capcom for the VR version of RE Village and RE4R plus generation exclusivity of SF6 and RE4R, with ARC System Works for Guilty Gear Strive, with Sega to have Virtua Fighter at launch on PS+ plus including the Yakuza or Persona series in PS+ etc. and the list goes on. And well, for many top Japanese 3rd party multiplaform games from these publishers or otther ones as Bandai Namco (case of Elden Ring) they also have marketing deals.

Last edited:
Reactions: AllBizness and Diah