NDrake: An acclaimed Xbox 1st party title, in GOTY convo for the year it released, will come to a compt pltform in 2024. HiFi Rush, Sea of thieves

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
1:07:36 Timestamp Quote
The title I am referring to was met with high critical acclaim, fans loved it, it was in the GOTY conversation the year it released. When the announcement comes I think it's going to be met with a lot of excitement because this is a quality game.
1:12:22 Timestamp Quote
Yes, Microsoft will be dabbling in bringing a 1st party game to a competitor platform in 2024. At least one game, I know of one, don't know if there will be additional.

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Knew it!

Lets Go Weekend GIF

24 Jun 2022
Most Probable: HiFi Rush or Pentiment

Outsider Probabilities: Forza Horizon 5, Halo Infinite or Flight Simulator

If it's one of Most Probable, that wouldn't be too surprising and I'd suspect Switch or Switch 2 are the platform in addition to PlayStation. But if it's one of the Outside Probabilities...well, that's a much bigger indication of a priority shift for Microsoft Gaming as a publisher and potentially, as a platform holder.

As usual, we'll see what happens.

Loadfield?

That's also a possibility but is so forgettable I didn't even remember to mention it. And unless it got massive improvements, wouldn't do much for them on an additional platform anyway.

Reactions: Umar

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
What if it's just another Minecraft spin off?
AFAIK, Notch was the only one to enforce multiplatform support in his terms of sale.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
If it's HiFi Rush then I'm getting the PS5 physical copy day 1. Bought it day 1 on Steam and it was an amazing game that deserves a lot more recognition.

24 Jun 2022

Oh. Well, seems like it could be one of my "Outside Probabilities" guesses, then. Or at the very least, it's something coming to PS5 if not also the Switch.

Funny how in the ResetERA thread so many were quick to jump to it being a port to Switch, when last I remember, Microsoft weren't referring to Nintendo as a competitor platform. They certainly didn't to the CMA, EC or FTC 😏

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Most Probable: HiFi Rush or Pentiment

Outsider Probabilities: Forza Horizon 5, Halo Infinite or Flight Simulator

If it's one of Most Probable, that wouldn't be too surprising and I'd suspect Switch or Switch 2 are the platform in addition to PlayStation. But if it's one of the Outside Probabilities...well, that's a much bigger indication of a priority shift for Microsoft Gaming as a publisher and potentially, as a platform holder.

As usual, we'll see what happens.

That's also a possibility but is so forgettable I didn't even remember to mention it. And unless it got massive improvements, wouldn't do much for them on an additional platform anyway.
Hifi is my gut-feeling

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Oh. Well, seems like it could be one of my "Outside Probabilities" guesses, then. Or at the very least, it's something coming to PS5 if not also the Switch.

Funny how in the ResetERA thread so many were quick to jump to it being a port to Switch, when last I remember, Microsoft weren't referring to Nintendo as a competitor platform. They certainly didn't to the CMA, EC or FTC 😏
They thought that the rumor of As Dusk Falls coming to PlayStation was fake as well on era.