NDrake: An acclaimed Xbox 1st party title, in GOTY convo for the year it released, will come to a compt pltform in 2024. HiFi Rush, Sea of thieves

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024

This has been bothering me for a while. How the hell will xbox revenue become bigger then ps when sony gets 30% for free and xbox has to put the 70% back into the game? And do you think sony will take just 30% and not ask for 35%-40%?
Just cause the suits from sony don't talk with you don't mean they don't see this dumb talk.

10 Jan 2024
This has been bothering me for a while. How the hell will xbox revenue become bigger then ps when sony gets 30% for free and xbox has to put the 70% back into the game? And do you think sony will take just 30% and not ask for 35%-40%?
Just cause the suits from sony don't talk with you don't mean they don't see this dumb talk.
Exactly my thought process, to offset development costs Xbox will need to sell on other platforms when developing titles. There is certainly not enough volume in Gamepass to develop games with 350 Million budgets especially if they are looking at MAU metric and they are competing for peoples time!

In fact they need to recoup a the cost of acquisitions, development, development of ports and testing. Then only take back 70% of the mark up value.

Sony pretty much do nothing and gain 30% of revenues including any form of microtransaction.

Also Microsoft have not released any numbers on gamepass to see how it is performing, i find it ironic they say its profitable but then why are there rumours of multiplatform and 3rd party development.....

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
It's absolutely bizarre... It's like saying PCs will go extinct because mobile phones and iPads can do everything a pc can.

TVs will take over from PCs because they will be so powerful that you don't need a box beside your screen.

They are desperate to somehow undermine PlayStations market positions, consumer base, product demand and importance.

Good luck to them.
I would think Microsoft would want to reign in the Guerilla Marketing, Insane fanboy cult schtick if they do actually intend to go third party because it is so off putting to anyone that hasnt drank the green Kool aide. Like if you are going to go third party it might be time to stop the console wars because they are poisoning the well of any good will towards xbox. Its like a sore loser making a scene after they lost.

With that said these guys audiences are so small and they have no cultural clout whatsoever that they couldnt change the trajectory of this generation.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Starfield GIF by Bethesda

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
LMAOOOOOO! At the 3:10 mark of the video, this imbecile said the PS4 didn't outsell the PS3 lifetime sales. How the fuck does this clown has a job covering the industry? Holy shit. Lol.
To be fair, he is using a huge asterisk that sony made ps3 until 2017, but sony did not count them, unlike xbox and the 360. So he might be right that NOW ps4 has not outsold the ps3, but give it 3 more years and it will.

24 Jun 2022
To be fair, he is using a huge asterisk that sony made ps3 until 2017, but sony did not count them, unlike xbox and the 360. So he might be right that NOW ps4 has not outsold the ps3, but give it 3 more years and it will.

No dude, he's wrong-wrong. I know about PS3's manufacture until 2016, but the total number of units they made post-2013 was extremely small. You don't go from mid-high 80 millions to over 118 million in four years on extremely limited unit production.

It's an idiotic idea, and of course someone like Destin would float it. He needs another batch of his cookies.