[Neil Druckmann] - "I've started thinking about how many of these games I have left in me - And its not that many" (at least not at this scale)

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
They called us haters but we were right 🤣

You should check out the video maybe you will learn something instead of speculating. It’s clear he has real passion for videogames, check it out he even talks about how he got into the video game industry. It just so happens that he’s a great story teller too.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
You should check out the video maybe you will learn something instead of speculating. It’s clear he has real passion for videogames, check it out he even talks about how he got into the video game industry. It just so happens that he’s a great story teller too.
Rather 💩 in my ✋🏻 & 👏🏻 than watch a video with that 💨 sniffer

• fire
Reactions: ksdixon

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Let other younger game directors take over, please. I understand that Neil’s contributions to gaming are very significant, but let joy and happiness take over ND’s games.

Things he has already been doing for a while now.

He didn't Direct Lost Legacy, Factions 2 or this new IP which will be the next Naughty Dog game(if all things go well).
Same with all the remakes and remasters, people might scoff at those, but it's valuable experience in leading a project.

We also see that he's been favouring being less of a lead writer in his projects, with him saying that he enjoyed his time at HBO on the show and was interested in doing more communal writing due to the experience.
Obviously he's going to the do TLoU Part III because that concept as always his baby, but for the rest, new talent is in charge.

People think this man let fame or whatever get to his head or whatever, but his actions of delegating more and more duties over time on his projects and opting for a more collaborative effort shows the opposite.

He can leave naughty dog
Bring amy henig and bruce straley back

Amy Henning hasn't shipped anything in ages and all her recent projects have been cancelled, it remains to be seen if she's still got it when it comes to be a Director.

Bruce Straley just opened up his new Studio in 2022, he's not going to be interested in coming back to ND.

Reactions: Entropi

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
It was awesome.

Which part?

The strolls through the museum and aquarium, playing the guitar and even herding sheep back to the barn in a game which was already huge with 2.5 campaigns.

Game was a bloated mess.

So was Uncharted 4 to an extent.

Uncharted 2 and TLOU1 are masterpieces.

• fire
Reactions: ksdixon

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Let's roll with someone fresh and new. That said, want something old. Uncharted 5. Uncharted is the best series from ND IMO. I would love another.

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
As for Uncharted 4, best Uncharted.
winner award GIF

• Shake
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Games are taking longer to make, it's very stressful as well. I can see his point. He aged so much between Uncharted 4 development and then TLOU 2.

Would love to see him eventually create a subsidiary within Naughty Dog that focuses on smaller AA games with producers taking turns pitching their concepts.