[Neil Druckmann] - "I've started thinking about how many of these games I have left in me - And its not that many" (at least not at this scale)

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Oh you’re one of those “Amy was better” even though ND’s best games were without Amy and she can’t get a project to the finish line no matter where she goes. Ok.
Amy was better when it came to Uncharted... Let it go already.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Games are taking longer to make, it's very stressful as well. I can see his point. He aged so much between Uncharted 4 development and then TLOU 2.

Would love to see him eventually create a subsidiary within Naughty Dog that focuses on smaller AA games with producers taking turns pitching their concepts.

+1 Folks who would rather see an elite developer like Naughty Dog lower their ambition than do what Sony is doing: growing their first party proactively with multiplatforms like computers.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Better than Uncharted 2?

Yeah right.😏
Snoop Dogg Yes GIF

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
+1 Folks who would rather see an elite developer like Naughty Dog lower their ambition than do what Sony is doing: growing their first party proactively with multiplatforms like computers.
How is making AA games lowering their ambition? The Lost Legacy is a Naughty Dog AA game and It was fantastic?

Naughty Dog games should have never touched that filthy peasantry they called PC... Ever since they started porting to PC the studio been cursed

I bet PC was the caused of Factions problems in the end. 😏

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
How is making AA games lowering their ambition? The Lost Legacy is a Naughty Dog AA game and It was fantastic?

Naughty Dog games should have never touched that filthy peasantry they called PC... Ever since they started porting to PC the studio been cursed

I bet PC was the caused of Factions problems in the end. 😏
Lost Legacy is lower ambition than Uncharted 4. This is uncontroversial.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Lost Legacy is lower ambition than Uncharted 4. This is uncontroversial.
It's not lower ambition? It was meant to be a DLC for Uncharted 4 and it was even initially included in the Season Pass for the game lol.

Ambitions grew and it became a stand alone game. That they made in a year and it was better than the bloatware that was Uncharted 4

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
It's not lower ambition? It was meant to be a DLC for Uncharted 4 and it was even initially included in the Season Pass for the game lol.

Ambitions grew and it became a stand alone game. That they made in a year and it was better than the bloatware that was Uncharted 4
they charged $40 for it.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I have bad news for all the anti woke people here:

Any potential replacement for Neil will likely be of the same politics as Neil, if not even more extreme.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Let other younger game directors take over, please. I understand that Neil’s contributions to gaming are very significant, but let joy and happiness take over ND’s games.
Go play nintendo

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
It funny how people will dismiss Jade Raymond for the same thing Amy Henning is also known for. Neither one has put out a game since they left their respective companies but people treat the latter like a god because they hate druckmann

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Hennig is also the one who struggled big time once Straley wasn't involved, while Druckmann went on to win another GOTY

• haha

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Hennig is also the one who struggled big time once Straley wasn't involved, while Druckmann went on to win another GOTY
We are still pushing this nonsense? Uncharted 3 suffered? Straley was replaced by the incomparable Justin Richmond. We already know the fallout became that Hennigs Uncharted 4 team wanted more resources and The Last of US was sucking up the resource air within the company which started internal issues. And then she went and publicly criticized Neil's use of feminism by making Ellie kiss a girl... And the fallout happened

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Well he's in his 40s now? with roughly 7 years a pop per game that means he does 3 more and he will be in his 60s.

So yeah, he will not make 5 of those games for sure.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
The DEI team will make sure he's replaced by a more inclusive choice, preferably someone who has demonstrated their ability to not work too much so they don't stress out the rest of the studio.
Then may Hiroki Totoki close Naughty Dog studio forever. He already put pressure on them via public speaking. If they want to stick to this woke madness, then I pray TLOU 3 will flop hard.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: flaccidsnake