New ps5 update replaces games key art with news and ads

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
When I see the same thread about Sony blowing up super fast on Era/GAF/Reddit, I know right away something fishy is going on. You can't take anything at face value these days.

Anyway, I don't think there's any platform/store with nothing at all besides the item you want and that's it.

I'm on Eneba, I clicked on Fortnite and I get "Gamers also viewed" with other games and DLC.

Same on Fanatical: screenshots, videos, DLC, bundles, user reviews etc

Sony uses the "Official News" section for basic stuff like updates, DLC or patch notes.

Example for Resident Evil 4: Gold Edition announcement, Free VR mode out now, Separate Ways launch.

Rebirth: Accolades Trailer, Launch trailer

Horizon: Lego Horizon Adventures, Zero Dawn Remastered, community spotlight etc.

I actually think it's useful most of the time. Is it really that bad?

Where are people shopping if this is an issue?
Ok, I don't want to see that stuff unless I specifically click on it to view it. That's all. You don't agree and that's fine for you.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Sometimes you wonder how much gaming these morons actually do.
They gotta spend more time keeping Sony and anything "woke" in check otherwise gaming will die, so it doesn't leave them much time to enjoy the hobby hence they're always so miserable

• Heart
Reactions: The Icon

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Honestly, the PC symbol that appears beside friends playing on that platform bothers me much more than this.
they should display people playing on console for the pc dudes and hide the pc symbol lmao, subtle peer pressure to get a console. i get it

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yeah, just turned on my PS5 to play an hour of Helldivers and PSN is down... Of course 😂

Ah well, back to my 2nd replay of Ghost of Tsushima

Reactions: Entropi