Nobody is wishlisting Concord on Steam

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I dropped out shortly into books 4/5 but isn't the ending kind of obvious? It is to me anyways.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It does matter, I was going to buy their games on pc too to double dip but not anymore. Didn't buy TLoU 2 after the leaks, expected something better than pretty graphics in forbidden west and was disappointed so guerrilla games too go on the no buy list, Won't buy games from insomniac too and looking at their budgets they need all the sales they can get.

So what Playstation games do you play?

People who didnt play TLOU2 because someone died missed out. Great game, gameplay wise way better combat then TLOU1

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The success of WoW killed all hope of Warcraft 4. That is why.
I dont think Sony is gonna stop making other games because they find success with MP games. They arent EA, or Unreal.

Its like Nintendo stops making Zelda because Pokemon and Animal crossing makes more money with a fraction of the effort

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I was curious about how Concord is doing on PS.
Using anecdotal data like the OP but using preorders instead wishlists.

In my friend list:

Astro Bot: 2 preorders
Madden 25: 2 preorders
Concord: 32 preorders
CoD: 126 preorders
Visions of Mana: 1 preorder
Like you said, majority are Destiny players like my own friends list. So they will probably prefer shooters

Reactions: ethomaz

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I am not into this DEI at all, but I thought Tlou2 was pretty good. Combat-wise, the animations and graphics were simply amazing.

And there is the upgrade which I still need to by, no way back or what ever its called, 100% going to revisit it in the future.
The whole woke thing was just another reason to turn certain fans off playing TLOU2. It was Sony’s biggest leak in ages, I dont think it was coincidence lol. Perfect timing, the usual anti ps crap when there exclusives come out.

I hate woke shit and DEI stuff, but I just ignore it when its tolerable. Rupaul’s Drag queen race, no. But TLOU2, its fine lol.
I didnt even realise the character in TLOU2 was “trans” or loads of other complaints people had about it. It went right above my head because they don’t mention it in game like how people were complaining on about it.

Gameplay was great, animations was probably the best in the work at the time and attention to details too. Plus missing out on scenes like the Bridge with Tommy and others is a shame.
Alot of Playstation gamers missed out because of the leaks

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The whole woke thing was just another reason to turn certain fans off playing TLOU2. It was Sony’s biggest leak in ages, I dont think it was coincidence lol. Perfect timing, the usual anti ps crap when there exclusives come out.

I hate woke shit and DEI stuff, but I just ignore it when its tolerable. Rupaul’s Drag queen race, no. But TLOU2, its fine lol.
I didnt even realise the character in TLOU2 was “trans” or loads of other complaints people had about it. It went right above my head because they don’t mention it in game like how people were complaining on about it.

Gameplay was great, animations was probably the best in the work at the time and attention to details too. Plus missing out on scenes like the Bridge with Tommy and others is a shame.
Alot of Playstation gamers missed out because of the leaks
yep, like I said, I don't have a natural affinity for the franchise, but the game was a really good one.

People who have not played it are missing out.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
yep, like I said, I don't have a natural affinity for the franchise, but the game was a really good one.

People who have not played it are missing out.
To be fair you need to aware of woke (trying to find woke things) in TLOU2 to really see them.
I played it and have no ideia what people take as woke before read on internet.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
To be fair you need to aware of woke (trying to find woke things) in TLOU2 to really see them.
That game would of universally be loved by PS fans if Joel didnt meet golf and Abbeys arms were like 30% smaller lol.
Loved it either way

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I know the Asian kid with the bow said some extremely racist stuff about white people on Twitter; I used to watch a guy called Robin gaming back when I first got into consoles/ps4pro.

His channel was an uncharted channel.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I was curious about how Concord is doing on PS.
Using anecdotal data like the OP but using preorders instead wishlists.

In my friend list:

Astro Bot: 2 preorders
Madden 25: 2 preorders
Concord: 32 preorders
CoD: 126 preorders
Visions of Mana: 1 preorder
Going from your friend's list I would say that the number of preorders is the invert opposite to my interest in a given game ... screw that, I would prefer CoD over Madden and Concord for sure... But Astro Bot 2 and Visions of Mana are the only ones I truly care about.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
images
Smurfs are at the olympics!

Reactions: Shmunter

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I know the Asian kid with the bow said some extremely racist stuff about white people on Twitter; I used to watch a guy called Robin gaming back when I first got into consoles/ps4pro.

His channel was an uncharted channel.
I use to like Robin because of Uncharted 3 Multiplayer then he went off the deep end with TLOU 2 and started making videos about Naughty Dog's agenda. Tried to rebranding his channel to discuss more general gaming stuff and got an Xbox series lol..

I stopped checking for him tho

• Informative
Reactions: Johnic and Sircaw

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
might be the dumbest take I’ve read all week 🤣 icon era constantly putting me in a state of awe
good for you btw I feel that you have shit taste in games so the feeling is mutual of being in a "State of Awe" from reading your posts as well

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: voke

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
good for you btw I feel that you have shit taste in games so the feeling is mutual of being in a "State of Awe" from reading your posts as well
What are your tastes in games, genres? You said you didnt like TLOU, Horizon, Spiderman. What games ya like?

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
What are your tastes in games, genres? You said you didnt like TLOU, Horizon, Spiderman. What games ya like?
On the top of my head all of the CS games, all of the zelda games, the original god of war trilogy, all the final fantasy games, bioshock 1 and 2, Witcher 2 and 3, SoTC, ace combat 3,4,5.

Reactions: Kokoloko

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
I won't die at the hill defending this game BUT the amount of veiled xbot/PCMR hate this game gets and how some people here fit exactly in that criteria proves to me that this site has been infiltrated by xbots and they will have complete free reign bc site owner doesn't like *some* aspects and can't be for banning people who agree with *some* of his extreme ideas.... I like this place less and less just bc of this, doom&gloom thread isn't enough, just ban any anti-Sony rhetoric and most of the criticism as well because they're always veiled xbot agendas.. or I have no recourse to never visit this site again.

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
I won't die at the hill defending this game BUT the amount of veiled xbot/PCMR hate this game gets and how some people here fit exactly in that criteria proves to me that this site has been infiltrated by xbots and they will have complete free reign bc site owner doesn't like *some* aspects and can't be for banning people who agree with *some* of his extreme ideas.... I like this place less and less just bc of this, doom&gloom thread isn't enough, just ban any anti-Sony rhetoric and most of the criticism as well because they're always veiled xbot agendas.. or I have no recourse to never visit this site again.

Idk if those people are xbots, but what i clearly see is there are a few members who barely talk about games around here, like, no gameplay or industry whatsoever, and only talk about woke and stuff. All this talk about the AC game and Concord, its hard to see someone criticizing the game for its actual flaws, like gameplay, game modes, artstyle/graphics and so on. Its like they think the forum is more like an alt right site than a gaming one, I realized this once observing the discussions that happens during events, there is always people creating threads to discuss how a female character isnt hot enough (happened to silent hill 2 and metal gear solid 3 remakes) or how black characters are political just by existing, and honestly it gets tiring quite easily... at this point the mods should create a "doom&gloom" thread just for this kind of political discussion

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Do you think the estimated 13 million that bought Helldivers had it wishlisted or pre-ordered?

It’s an online game. It won’t be the character trailers, controllers or reviews that will show us if it lives or dies; it will be the players, word of mouth, and grassroots excitement.

Manufactured hype won’t help an online game. They’re 100% gameplay driven and must have sauce to make it.

(I’m aware the beta hasn’t helped but I’m still sorta reserving final judgement for launch. Do I think it will flop? Eh, nof looking good at the moment).

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Idk if those people are xbots, but what i clearly see is there are a few members who barely talk about games around here, like, no gameplay or industry whatsoever, and only talk about woke and stuff. All this talk about the AC game and Concord, its hard to see someone criticizing the game for its actual flaws, like gameplay, game modes, artstyle/graphics and so on. Its like they think the forum is more like an alt right site than a gaming one, I realized this once observing the discussions that happens during events, there is always people creating threads to discuss how a female character isnt hot enough (happened to silent hill 2 and metal gear solid 3 remakes) or how black characters are political just by existing, and honestly it gets tiring quite easily... at this point the mods should create a "doom&gloom" thread just for this kind of political discussion
No they should create a thread for racists, bigots, homophobes and misogynists... Because that's exactly what they are... There's certain quite a few of them here.

And you hit the point right on. We can't discuss the actual games here... I certainly tried to steer the conversation about Concord back to the actual gameplay during betas, as did a very few of us, but many posters were allowed free reign to attempt to constantly derail.

I have certainly noticed the drop off in membership here and just overall social interactions but unfortunately... I don't see anything changing at this point as RIGHT is always so quick to scream *censorship* 🙃

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko and Ico