Nobody is wishlisting Concord on Steam

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Exactly…
That what DF video views are… 73k is fine… not the top… not the bottom… it just the audience.

Plus it is the analysis of a Beta with no modes or controversial performance to increase view count.

Any other game you should not even look at the view count (I never saw anybody ever taking about DF view counts on YT lol) but you are here because it is Concord 🤷‍♂️
We all know DF, it’s a level playfield for gauging engagement we can all recognise. Stop being so defensive. The vid was posted 2 weeks ago, Marvel beta video posted yesterday already at 53k

I rest my case.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I think reviews will be good… not 10s but mostly 8s and 9s.

There is nothing in terms of game to reviewers complain about… well maybe content but that needs to seek what they will release.
They will probably compare it to others in cost and number of modes/ character.

“It brings nothing new to PVP games” will also be used lol. Most games dont bring anything new to there genre so I hate when reviewers use this excuse like with ROR.

Things that are subjective like story, character design as in gameplay will probably also be used against it for random reasons.

They will also bring out some random pretentious technical thing and say OW has the half lunar frame pacing and spawns in concurrent cycles or some smuggy bs so its better lol.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
75+ on meta would be impressive from them. Anything lowers will add fuel to the fire. It really is a shame, this game is really fun, not perfect but it does a lot more right than wrong.

I played Valorant yesterday. And yeah, Concord really got the gunplay and controls right.

Valorant is cool with the powers (only thing I liked tbh) but it doesnt play aswell as Concord when it comes to smoothness of controls, gunplay, animations etc.

Personally Im thinking the worst. Concord is gonna get 40-60 because reviewers are gonna want that spectacular failure and wont have much Resistance from majority of PS fans. Just a guess and preparing for the worst lol.

75+ Id take that lol. What Id personally give the gameplay so far after 22 hours. 8’s. Need to see the rest of the modes, and how they progress story etc.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I just wanna have a nice chat with FireWalk and Hermen Hulst for thinking they should have debuted this game with 4 minute cinematic trailer where there was no single player content lol.

All we needed was a 15 minute dedicated State of Play and the beta announcement with it coming a few days after. 🫠

However I think this game will be a mixed bag with reviews, some already hate it and others like IGN surprisingly will give it a fair score since are actively trying to go against the hate train which is quite surprising.

They need to announce a road-map though because they will definitely need better modes 6 months from release

Reactions: Kokoloko

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Jason Schreier on Concord discourse

I maintain that Concord discourse is some of the worst I've seen in a while. It's been surprisingly hostile since the minute it was revealed. At the end of the day, people will feel what they feel. It's up to game developers to read the winds and find out what people like. I guess I find it concerning or scary, as this is a case where it seemed people made up their mind (in a negative direction) almost immediately and then just poured that negative sentiment online non-stop. To me it's like a textbook case of "negative hype". To me, hype is already a warning flag that things are getting taken too far. Negative hype is even worse - people not wanting to even touch a thing for fear of being "cringe".

Anyway, it is what it is. I wish them the best, and I hope the game is fun and successful.
And follows up with

Further to my previous point about Concord discourse: I feel there's an even bigger issue here, and that is that discourse has shifted in weird ways for games like this. It's not even specific to Concord IMO. Basically it takes about 3 microseconds after reveal for the discussion to turn to "but will this be financially successful?" It's very bizarre to me. I get there is a certain degree of interest to just know if the game you enjoy will be successful enough to still be around in a year, but it's really unfortunate to me that it ends up dominating the discourse. And often it's to the point of it feeling cynical and running contrary to what we even are in this enthusiast space for. And this is coming from someone who's job it is to, in part, be aware of market conditions and sales.

What makes this more sticky is that tons of enthusiast press are doing this. Even outlets I enjoy reading/listening to leap to these sorts of discussions of financial/market success pretty much instantly without first discussing if they think the game will be good. If we wanted to change this (and maybe I'm just alone here) there would have to be some self-reflection. Again, no idea if people even care. It's just bugged me for a while and it makes discussion of gaming a bit less enjoyable when players are so quick to become armchair analysts.
Seems he is making a point many of here have stated time and time again.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

And follows up with

Jason always a real one, even if he sometimes comes off egotistical. But he's right and I'm glad he called out the media houses in general. Sony is tuning out the noise with this one and I'm glad

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

And follows up with

You can see it here in Icon-era too.

The moment they announced the log of Concord without any characters and details (so no DEI hate) some guys already started to hate it.
Nothing changed... these same guys didn't even give the game a honest try.

I watched some YouTubers showing the Beta and they were hating everything but when you looked to the scree the guy didn't even play it.
It was like he didn't even have the mood to play it 🤷‍♂️

It is unfair and something that can kill the chance of having nice games with new ideias in the future.
It is the worst scenario possible for a gaming industry grow.

Reactions: voke

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
I maintain that Concord discourse is some of the worst I've seen in a while. It's been surprisingly hostile since the minute it was revealed.
Truly a mistery. Brand new studio with no previous games released announces their game and you can't even tell what the fuck it's supposed to be. The best you can hope for is indifference but don't be surprised if they shit on you immediately.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
It is unfair and something that can kill the chance of having nice games with new ideas in the future.
This is the most important piece. If we keep disregarding every attempt at a popular genre, we will have more and more limited options as time goes on. Reality is, you wouldn’t have CoD without DOOM, you wouldn’t have FFXIV without WoW. There is nothing wrong with similar games, especially ones that are good.

I wish people would be more independent thinkers and come to opinions on their own, without a bunch of media organizations and influencers telling them what to think beforehand. If the vibe is negative before you even give it a try…. You are less likely to enjoy the experience and pick it apart because that’s where your expectations lie as it is. Social media exacerbates that tenfold, because people can and will try and set the vibe or narrative on something, within seconds.

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
I wish people would be more independent thinkers and come to opinions on their own, without a bunch of media organizations and influencers telling them what to think beforehand. If the vibe is negative before you even give it a try…. You are less likely to enjoy the experience and pick it apart because that’s where your expectations lie as it is. Social media exacerbates that tenfold, because people can and will try and set the vibe or narrative on something, within seconds.

it happened to the pc ports with that mandatory sony account polemic, now every new port face this kind of narrative in a matter of hours, the same way concord probably will set a new precedence for hating new IPs, even singleplayer ones that wont be on pc on day one

just watch people hating on santa monica and naughty dog if their new IPs somehow features a character that the sony-haters identify as DEI, even sequels like ghost of tsushima if they add a second playable character (usual for action game sequels) and it happens to be a girl

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz and voke

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
You can see it here in Icon-era too.

The moment they announced the log of Concord without any characters and details (so no DEI hate) some guys already started to hate it.
Nothing changed... these same guys didn't even give the game a honest try.

I watched some YouTubers showing the Beta and they were hating everything but when you looked to the scree the guy didn't even play it.
It was like he didn't even have the mood to play it 🤷‍♂️

It is unfair and something that can kill the chance of having nice games with new ideias in the future.
My conscious is pure. When SEGA announced Hyenas, I cringed all the way and made it known, back on Neogaf even - dead. When Jade Redmond showed that abomination of a thing, I cringed all the way and made it known - thing seems to have been taken back to the workshop, hopefully behind the back shed and shot.

No different with Concord. Derivative game in a sea of clones that are free. But Sony fans have been crying for MP - Socom, TLOU Factions, even a gritty COD clone when Spencer absorbed Activision.

Yet all we are getting is fruity trend chasing in the hopes of making it big at the cost of 99.9% failures. Many see it as a disaster out the door - but the stubborn bean counters and execs at the round table keep pushing for this, seemingly tonedeath. It’s mobile phone gaming on consoles. I rest my case.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
it happened to the pc ports with that mandatory sony account polemic, now every new port face this kind of narrative in a matter of hours, the same way concord probably will set a new precedence for hating new IPs, even singleplayer ones that wont be on pc on day one

just watch people hating on santa monica and naughty dog if their new IPs somehow features a character that the sony-haters identify as DEI, even sequels like ghost of tsushima if they add a second playable character (usual for action game sequels) and it happens to be a girl
Well said.

Another thing is why I don’t like day one release with PC… the Steam community is so toxic against Sony that Sony releasing games there is just bad marketing.

So for games already launched it is fine.
But for new games releasing it is really bad… see how they tried to create a bad narrative for Helldivers 2 and now with Concord.

They just hate Sony no matter what.

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
When did gaming hobby became all this hate bandwagoning and too political in either side of the extremes ffs. I don't play hero shooters and tried a looter shooter just once to know I don't like them either, so I won't be buying this game. But the idea that this game needs actual defending by normal minded people against crazies and extreme haters is just so unreal to me but it's the truth. Maybe people who play games like these won't ever be giving this game a chance just because of all the negative hype some people building up around this game. You may hate MP games and think Sony making them shortchanges single player game making efforts but narrative these people are building and pushing hurts the platform as a whole. Don't be accomplice to toxic PC crowd and create exact same environment for us on the console gaming platform where only one brand truly exist and it's Sony.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
When did gaming hobby became all this hate bandwagoning and too political in either side of the extremes ffs. I don't play hero shooters and tried a looter shooter just once to know I don't like them either, so I won't be buying this game. But the idea that this game needs actual defending by normal minded people against crazies and extreme haters is just so unreal to me but it's the truth. Maybe people who play games like these won't ever be giving this game a chance just because of all the negative hype some people building up around this game. You may hate MP games and think Sony making them shortchanges single player game making efforts but narrative these people are building and pushing hurts the platform as a whole. Don't be accomplice to toxic PC crowd and create exact same environment for us on the console gaming platform where only one brand truly exist and it's Sony.
Ask the Devs why they're pushing their politics into games not the gamers

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
My son came to me the otber day and was like "dad Concord is going to do bad" you know hes at tht tiktok, social media stage so the mindshare is really negative with this game. I hope it surprises.

Humans are just so easy to manipulate with mindshare, and social media is incredible at it

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
My son came to me the otber day and was like "dad Concord is going to do bad" you know hes at tht tiktok, social media stage so the mindshare is really negative with this game. I hope it surprises.
Where the hell were you when i was playing the beta, I could of done with some backup in my games.

I asked @Kokoloko and @Danja1187 if I could join their team, and they said NO!, get lost, scrub.

Next time someone reports them on the forum, I will ban them.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I asked @Kokoloko and @Danja1187 if I could join their team, and they said NO!, get lost, scrub.

Lol I started using the word scrub again as soon I played HD2 with my Destiny team.
So I confirm this is true.

On a complete different note. You know Im disappointed we didnt get Factions 2. We couldn’t do the Forum faction wars like we said lol.
I was hoping once we beat those other forums in PVP, I could look to you and say: “You know @Sircaw …..We really are the Last of Us 😋

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw