• Top 134 in Spain top sellers
  • Isn't included in Amazon's top 100 PS5 top sellers
Day one after launch stats in Steam:
  • Top 123 in top selling games
  • 697 CCU peak
  • 337 user reviews (under 80% positive)
  • 5,516 followers
  • "LGTBQ+", "Political" and "Political sim" among its most popular user tags
Still only has 6 reviews in Metacritic (68) and 7 in Opencritic (63). Very rare, normally AAA games have over 100 reviews. Maybe summer vacations, Gamescom or needing enough time playing with all users to properly analyze a GaaS justify that low amount of reviews, but I think it's something rare to have only half a dozen.

I haven't followed all Sony AAA releases, but these early numbers (maybe too early and incomplete) seem to be the worst release for any Sony published AAA I remember.

I thought that it wasn't going to be a hit but that it was going to perform decently. These very early numbers make me think it's going to be a big failure. Very sad. But well, at least Astro Bot will release very soon and that one may perform better .

GVwOwTBXcAAHEML

GVwO3J_XcAAoooc

GVwQjAiXsAAKe_W

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Day one after launch stats in PS:
  • Top 54 in USA top sellers
  • Top 134 in Spain top sellers
  • Isn't included in Amazon's top 100 PS5 top sellers
Day one after launch stats in Steam:
  • Top 123 in top selling games
  • 697 CCU peak
  • 337 user reviews (under 80% positive)
  • 5,516 followers
  • "LGTBQ+", "Political" and "Political sim" among its most popular user tags
Still only has 6 reviews in Metacritic (68) and 7 in Opencritic (63). Very rare, normally AAA games have over 100 reviews. Maybe summer vacations, Gamescom or needing enough time playing with all users to properly analyze a GaaS justify that low amount of reviews, but I think it's something rare to have only half a dozen.

I haven't followed all Sony AAA releases, but these early numbers (maybe too early and incomplete) seem to be the worst release for any Sony published AAA I remember.

I thought that it wasn't going to be a hit but that it was going to perform decently. These very early numbers make me think it's going to be a big failure. Very sad. But well, at least Astro Bot will release very soon and that one may perform better .

GVwOwTBXcAAHEML

GVwO3J_XcAAoooc

GVwQjAiXsAAKe_W
This is going to be catastrophic sales wise less than 100k copies sold digital + physical, I mean we are going to get meme posts of physical copies being sold for 2 cents like anthem was. "The Professor" needs to go

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
I mean that's like Saying Marvels budget increased because they had to make more movies to expand out there multi-verse. They allocated extra funds for the 12 GaaS since they couldn't cut budgets for single players without heads rolling
Right, which is why spending over 200+ percent more on game making doesn’t feel like a “tightening of purse strings”.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Nothing on Xbox has failed this bad, even the worst of the worst Redfall was more popular. There’s that Jay Redmond disaster yet to come….if Sony had any sense on their shoulders they’d shitcan that now before it drags the Brand through the mud even further.

Cannot defend the laughing stock PS is atm. Can they dig themselves out of it?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
You know what to do Sony. Quick re release of Bloodborne on PC/PS5 to recover some money. And seeing how ShadPS4 is progressing ... chop chop!!
This games seems that will tank hard but this year will have Astro Bot, Until Dawn, GoWR PC or Lost Soul Aside and already had TLOU2R, Helldivers 2, HFW PC, GoT PC, MLB, Destiny 2 TFS, Ronin, Stellar Blade.

I think they will be dissapointed with this one in particular, but I assume that in general (combining all the titles) they will be fine with their first party games. I think all the games of the year will perform ok, as they expected, with the exception of this one tanking way beyond they expected maybe compensated with TFS and specially Helldivers 2 performing ahead of what they expected.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Right, which is why spending over 200+ percent more on game making doesn’t feel like a “tightening of purse strings”.
I get what you're saying but the GaaS initiative was started before PS5 launched, my comment was about the changes I observed after 2021 :unsure:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Nothing on Xbox has failed this bad, even the worst of the worst Redfall was more popular. There’s that Jay Redmond disaster yet to come….if Sony had any sense on their shoulders they’d shitcan that now before it drags the Brand through the mud even further.

Cannot defend the laughing stock PS is atm. Can they dig themselves out of it?

Currently Concord is reviewing better than Redfall. And it doesnt nearly have as many performance issues Redfall had, theres been little complaints about the gameplay compared to Redfall.

I think people forget PS has a way bigger userbase than Xbox, that actually buys games. Comparing steam to steam which doesnt mean much when its overall PS and Xbox.

I dont think one game failure is a hole they need to dig themselves out of lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Shmunter

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Currently Concord is reviewing better than Redfall. And it broken, theres been little complaints about the gameplay compared to Redfall.

I think people forget PS has a way bigger userbase than Xbox, that actually buys games. Comparing steam to steam doesnt mean much when its overall PS and Xbox
At this point I applaud your will to keep entertaining the discourse lol. Just non stop regurgitation at this point.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Its just a weird comparison lol
I mean hey... it's not often you see PS fans turn around and use an XBOX game they've been mocking for a year to somehow knock and jeer a PS exclusive... Nod and smile and enjoy the tom foolery at this point lol.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
A scenario in which it bombs on steam but does well enough on PlayStation to survive… would be nice.

As would word of mouth and actual players having a good time. The live steam metric could/would show that thru the weekend. But I also think early access would’be helped such buzz.

Valorant’s console launch is also a huge deal and a hit so there’s that. Ate concord’s lunch.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I mean hey... it's not often you see PS fans turn around and use an XBOX game they've been mocking for a year to somehow knock and jeer a PS exclusive... Nod and smile and enjoy the tom foolery at this point lol.

TBH Ive never seen PS fans use steam numbers to prove a point. Its like this is a Steam game now and PS userbase doesnt exist

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
A scenario in which it bombs on steam but does well enough on PlayStation to survive… would be nice.

As would word of mouth and actual players having a good time. The live steam metric could/would show that thru the weekend. But I also think early access would’be helped such buzz.

Valorant’s console launch is also a huge deal and a hit so there’s that. Ate concord’s lunch.
Best for them to just put it on FP2 after seasons are done. Maybe between now and then Sony makes some character changes before it does that lol. Waste of fun gameplay imo, too many turned off by character looks

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I don’t know what they should do. It may be early enough to pull it from sale and refund; repackage and redistribute some other way.

Those arguing against it not being f2p may have had a point.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I don’t know what they should do. It may be early enough to pull it from sale and refund; repackage and redistribute some other way.

Those arguing against it not being f2p may have had a point.
I still dont likethe FP2 model but maybe. I still think if the game had a sp campaign, pve and different looking characters the game would aplease more ps fans.
No1 is really asking for a refund atm, so its fine. Im happy playing this a few times a week for sure. Does need more modes for the future though

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
IMG-0495.jpg

IMG-0494.jpg
IMG-0493.jpg

They’re all doing bad right now. Helldivers update was sorta a flop. Destiny has a shot next week on some kind of comeback w/ Act 3 and the exotic dungeon but itll have to fight off against First Descendant’s first season starting (it’s fallen off accordingly).