Nobody is wishlisting Concord on Steam

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
Let's fix it a bit here...
Yeah.. but Steam is important for live service games. Most of the content creators on YT, Twitch streamers that praised Helldivers 2 were PC gamers. The concurrent user numbers in the first few days was unexpected and took Arrowhead by surprise.

If a game is a success on Steam, the game gets good publicity.

The YT channels and X users bashing Concord... are the same anti-'woke' ones who hailed Helldivers 2 for being free from the DEI and Sweet Baby Inc stink......and also Stellar Blade as a revolution because Eve's curves were sexually gratifying for them. Sony and Shift Up benefitted immensely from the hype.

For the chuds on Steam (there are several thousands), Concord is a DEI infested Overwatch clone with unattractive female characters and pronouns... and it costs $40.

As far as PS platform goes, fans who are used to getting big-budget single player games from SIE are disappointed. Also there are chuds on PS too, as evident from the comments on official PS YT channel videos.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yeah.. but Steam is important for live service games. Most of the content creators on YT, Twitch streamers that praised Helldivers 2 were PC gamers. The concurrent user numbers in the first few days was unexpected and took Arrowhead by surprise.

If a game is a success on Steam, the game gets good publicity.

The YT channels and X users bashing Concord... are the same anti-'woke' ones who hailed Helldivers 2 for being free from the DEI and Sweet Baby Inc stink......and also Stellar Blade as a revolution because Eve's curves were sexually gratifying for them. Sony and Shift Up benefitted immensely from the hype.

For the average chuds on Steam (there are several thousands), Concord is a DEI infested Overwatch clone with unattractive female characters and pronouns... and it costs $40.

As far as PS platform goes, fans who are used to getting big-budget single player games from SIE are disappointed. Also there are chuds on PS too, as evident from the comments on official PS YT channel videos.
Is it?

Live services was always fine on PS without Steam.
The whole CrossPlay gate was made up to fix Steam and Xbox issues with Live Service games using PS base.

And you are a bit off from PS fans... PS fans wants good games and that includes Live Service ones... if you go talk with most of them they will say to miss MAG, EVE, Killzone MP, SOCOON etc... PS fans even wanted Uncahrted MP, TLOU MP, Resistence MP, MotorStorm MP, etc as live service 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
It's not joy, it's frustration. This money could have been spent on an excellent SP game. Or having this team work on Faction. Stuff that people actually want. Not a brand new IP with questionable design choices everyone at the very first trailer said was bad.
Give a brand new studio the rights to work on one of Sony's cancelled projects created by one of their most beloved studios? Making a team that specializes in multiplayer make a single player game? sigh.... you guys have to be a little more realistic

Reactions: Danja

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Give a brand new studio the rights to work on one of Sony's cancelled projects created by one of their most beloved studios? Making a team that specializes in multiplayer make a single player game? sigh.... you guys have to be a little more realistic
They have a solid grasp on core gameplay mechanics. Gameplay seems solid, apart from a few balancing issues. Take what ND was working on and create a smaller scale game.

And it's much easier to create a smaller sp game than it is to create a successful GaaS. At the very least, use a known IP to work on a smaller scale project, instead of hedging the entire team on a brand new IP, in a sea of established IPs.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Buying a studio before they haven’t released a game isn’t a bad idea.
I agree but not with the western ones, if they fear microsoft buying studios we saw how that turned out. They should try to minimize employee count across the us and europe, the costs will automatically come down. They can keep their premier studios but having the firewalks, havens of the world just makes no sense when they can open 2 studios in malaysia for a fraction of the cost

• brain
Reactions: 2spooky5me
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
What can they do at this point?

They cant delay it to make changes. Ultimately it needs a SP/Coop campaign so alot of the PS fanbase can buy into it. And then carry on the story through PVP and PVE like planned. And its too late for character changes I believe.

This is also a reason Publishers need to show there games from way out like normal.
Independent testing must not have had many complaints or certain people at the studio are stubborn and stupid enough to not change them. Ive worked with similar studios so normally they take the criticism to heart and make changes as much as they can.
They got the gameplay and gunplay down for me
I wouldn't play a single player game revolving around these characters , that CGI trailer they showed at the last state of play was cringe af

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
The characters look like shit

I don't know why they thought they could build a shooter audience out of pandering to the diversity crowd

Helldivers was a smash success by doing the exact opposite, even if it was tongue in cheek

Hopefully a lesson learned when it bombs

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Biggest concern is Sony’s legendary eye for talent is seems to be in shambles. You can’t fix something intangible like this very easily.
They still have that eye in Shuhei Yoshida who is securing 3rd party exclusives thats hard carrying the PS5 like Stellar Blade. It's just their 1st party is a joke, Jim and Hermen have no idea what they're doing and bought this garbage studio before they released a doa game.

Except the studio is very talented?
Yeah very talented at making duds 😂

Reactions: Shmunter

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
If they’re really that talented then when the game launches the proof is in the pudding when players stick around day after day.

Can’t say the beta did the game any favors. Probably sold the game to a few on the fence but it seems … that’s not much.

It’ll be interesting to see how Sony will address this. They’re gonna need to do their best to have as many users as possible for launch for better quality matchmaking. If they’re willing invest in the marketing budget I guess.

If I were making bets tho… I’d bet against it.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
You sound so stupid...

Funnier considering Fortnite first launched as a complete failure or a fortress building pve zombie horde shooter at full retail price as a PlayStation console exclusive.