Obsidian Avowed new combat and gameplay Shown. Release Fall 2024. |UP| 2/5/24 Dropped Frames Interview.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
More "realistic" graphics would look just horrible because they don't have the manpower to pull it off, it'll look like some baby's first UE game or something.
Stylized graphic is always the way to go for cheaper games, even if it's not for you, because I can assure you, it be a deal breaker for even more people.

I didn't like how it looked when they showed it last year, but now with polish and improvements it's look good. I wanted that realestic gritty fantasy at first but now I like the art style since the improvements.

It looks better than the previous gameplay but the graphics and art style makes this looks like a medieval Outer Worlds.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
It looks better than the previous gameplay but the graphics and art style makes this looks like a medieval Outer Worlds.

The Outer Worlds had good art direction I feel. Although, I play RPG for the actual game and never for the graphics, so I've never cared that much.
Unless something is actively repulsive to look at, it's alright in my book.

I mean, I play Euro RPGs like Underrail

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The Outer Worlds had good art direction I feel. Although, I play RPG for the actual game and never for the graphics, so I've never cared that much.
Unless something is actively repulsive to look at, it's alright in my book.

I mean, I play Euro RPGs like Underrail
Yeah it's gd this seems up your alley. I'll keep an open mind.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Honestly looks way better than Starfield ever did
Could be that AAA game for MS

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Lol he's back my boy! Forspoken Ambassador lol
And they even added automatic spell switching, dodge mid-air and other stuff since release... I can't find a vid now which was pretty cool few months back without that shitty music added

• Heart
Reactions: Sircaw

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Someone needs to ban this MOTHER CLUCKER NOW.

Like Covid we can not allow this train of thought to spread.

@Gamernyc78, sort your Bestie out, please!
I even recorded amazing parkour vid just for you
have you ever climbed stairs so quickly at your age ? :cool:

• party
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I even recorded amazing parkour vid just for you
have you ever climbed stairs so quickly at your age ? :cool:
I have a petrol stairlift, i don't walk, i zoom

Btw, that advanced video of the combat you showed looks very good.

• Shake
Reactions: rofif

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
You know, when MS was buying up devs, I thought it looked like they were starting a white elephant preserve, and this show cemented that opinion.

When MS bought Double Fine, Obsidian and Bethesda, I felt nothing of value was lost to PlayStation, and I’m not wrong.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Never judge a book by its cover and all that..... but, this game was a massive disappointment for me due to expectations.

I was expecting Skyrim 2.0, as the tease sort of alluded to artistic wise, and graphics wise..... So I was expecting, like many, Skyrim 2.0 in a modern setting, perhaps more focused with a tad less scope (which is fine, Skyrim is way too big) but instead we got Sea of Thieves medieval.

What a miss from my pov. Nothing done for me with that trailer. Just looks generic.... specially the artistic direction. I personally don't like that artstyle... it has to fit the game imo, and it don't fit many games.

Reactions: kaluas

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
I shouldn't be shocked with how Avowed is looking. Obsidian stated in the past that this game was on the small scale of open world WRPG. Although, still was hoping for more visual pop. As it stands I think Baldur's Gate graphic is above Avowed's.