OT Drama | Other Gaming Forums (GAF, ResetERA, D-Pad, Twitter, etc..)

• Thread starter Deleted member 13
  • Start date

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Are you sure this was written about MJ? I don't see any reference about her in the text. They probably copy/paste it from somewhere. No way they typed all that in a thread.
I don’t think it was related to MJ specifically, he was just trying to rationalize beauty standards while being racist at the same time. Guy is completely unhinged. 😂

Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Couldn't the same be said for Playstation fans on this site?
You would think but PS fans are extremely savage and critical. Sometimes I have to take a break from some threads because there's just too much violence 🙃

There is no hivemind or script PS fans follow. Division and infighting everywhere. Jim Ryan walks around with a bulletproof vest.

Sony wants nothing to do with us. There is no communication at all.

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
You would think but PS fans are extremely savage and critical. Sometimes I have to take a break from some threads because there's just too much violence 🙃

There is no hivemind or script PS fans follow. Division and infighting everywhere. Jim Ryan walks around with a bulletproof vest.

Sony wants nothing to do with us. There is no communication at all.
This is accurate.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I swear this PlanetSmasher dude seems to complain constantly in the PS OT on Resetera about the silliest stuff. Whether it's about how much he hates dark-gritty post apocalyptic settings, using weapons in games or playing as "bad guys" I wonder if there's anything the guy does like. Maybe a weird quirky indie-style game, but with a AAA budget based on some of his comments, something that would flop hard.

Last edited:

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I swear this PlanetSmasher dude seems to complain constantly in the PS OT on Resetera about the silliest stuff. Whether it's about how much he hates dark-gritty post apocalyptic settings, using weapons in games or playing as "bad guys" I wonder if there's anything the guy does like. Maybe a weird quirky indie-style game, but with a AAA budget based on some of his comments, something that would flop hard.

SoySmasher was a joke on GAF before he followed the mutineers to their happy little gulag.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

The double standards...hilarious.

Same people will turn around and mow down hundreds in games like GTA and TLOU2 in the most brutal and realistic fashion but a bit of comic violence is "too far".

Dear lord. Logic died...and art along with it. No wonder all the shows and movies are so bad now.

Imagine if they tried to make Taxi Driver today or god forbid...Scarface.

Tony Montana Scarface GIF

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
The double standards...hilarious.

Same people will turn around and mow down hundreds in games like GTA and TLOU2 in the most brutal and realistic fashion but a bit of comic violence is "too far".

Dear lord. Logic died...and art along with it. No wonder all the shows and movies are so bad now.

Imagine if they tried to make Taxi Driver today or god forbid...Scarface.

Tony Montana Scarface GIF
Hell, look at the remake of RoboCop. No social critique or satire was allowed in the final screenplay, especially no criticism of corporate behaviour:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Hell, look at the remake of RoboCop. No social critique or satire was allowed in the final screenplay, especially no criticism of corporate behaviour:

That thing... was just terrible and inferior in every way. It just had no soul and no depth at all.

teezzy

6 Sep 2022
My Ninja, 40 million players have been robbed of Activision IPs by Microsoft for no apparent good reason...if you ask me:

That's a Mega-Corporate Tyranny if you ask me, @teezzy 💅

Sure, and I dont fully disagree. Im all for more access to games for everyone. Its why im such a fan of console manufacturers bringing ports of exclusives to PC. Dont understand why thats so frowned upon here

Playstation is such a juggernaut in the console space though, that they need all the competition they can get. You dont want either company dominating the market. In that sense, the acquisition might be a positive thing for the industry as a whole.

We will see

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Sure, and I dont fully disagree. Im all for more access to games for everyone. Its why im such a fan of console manufacturers bringing ports of exclusives to PC. Dont understand why thats so frowned upon here

Playstation is such a juggernaut in the console space though, that they need all the competition they can get. You dont want either company dominating the market. In that sense, the acquisition might be a positive thing for the industry as a whole.

We will see
I see, help you sleeping at night well knowing PS terrorists will come to your house and smash your PC.