OT Drama | Other Gaming Forums (GAF, ResetERA, D-Pad, Twitter, etc..)

• Thread starter Deleted member 13
  • Start date

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Playstation is such a juggernaut in the console space though, that they need all the competition they can get. You dont want either company dominating the market. In that sense, the acquisition might be a positive thing for the industry as a whole.
I don't mind competition at all, which made the PS3/Xbox 360 such a great generation for gamers.

I loved playing Gears of War on the Xbox & Uncharted on the PlayStation because both platforms offered unique gaming experiences.

Xbox today is not the same competitive juggernaut it once was because they didn't try hard enough to keep up with PlayStation First-Party Titles (PS4 had the best exclusives ever).

I had no issue with the Bethesda Acquisition because Xbox needed that competitive edge, as you mentioned.

However, the Activition Blizzard Acquisition was a line that they crossed, fully knowing the implications on the industry, for better or worse.

That's where I started to perceive Microsoft & the supporters for the Activition Blizzard Acquisition as antagonistic in the gaming industry.

That acquisition & everything that came out of it, from the emails to the FTC trial/CMA debacle, painted a rather ugly picture for Microsoft & those who fully supported such a blatant "HOSTILE Takeover".

Not in a million years did anyone anticipate Activision Blizzard, a company that's been historically Third-Party/Non-Partisan in the gaming industry, would be bought by a competitive platform like Microsoft.

This is why I became a full-time Sony Pony Warrior 💙❗💙
mel gibson braveheart GIF

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
We gonna hacked every Steam accounts and get them VAC banned, and deleted them all together.

Plasatahalla gonna give us 72 free games when we get their Steam account deleted.

All PS brothers, rejoice and carry on duties.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I don't mind competition at all, which made the PS3/Xbox 360 such a great generation for gamers.

I loved playing Gears of War on the Xbox & Uncharted on the PlayStation because both platforms offered unique gaming experiences.

Xbox today is not the same competitive juggernaut it once was because they didn't try hard enough to keep up with PlayStation First-Party Titles (PS4 had the best exclusives ever).

I had no issue with the Bethesda Acquisition because Xbox needed that competitive edge, as you mentioned.

However, the Activition Blizzard Acquisition was a line that they crossed, fully knowing the implications on the industry, for better or worse.

That's where I started to perceive Microsoft & the supporters for the Activition Blizzard Acquisition as antagonistic in the gaming industry.

That acquisition & everything that came out of it, from the emails to the FTC trial/CMA debacle, painted a rather ugly picture for Microsoft & those who fully supported such a blatant "HOSTILE Takeover".

Not in a million years did anyone anticipate Activision Blizzard, a company that's been historically Third-Party/Non-Partisan in the gaming industry, would be bought by a competitive platform like Microsoft.

This is why I became a full-time Sony Pony Warrior 💙❗💙
mel gibson braveheart GIF
Imagine still using the line "Sony needs competition" to justify buying publishers. Hiding behind PC too. We had so many here using the exact same playbook. It's getting harder and harder to hide the bot 😒

teezzy

6 Sep 2022
Imagine still using the line "Sony needs competition" to justify buying publishers. Hiding behind PC too. We had so many here using the exact same playbook. It's getting harder and harder to hide the bot 😒

Im not hiding behind anything, just providing my thoughts. Its okay if you disagree. Im not a sony or playstation hater by any means. Dont have time for fanboyism, Im 32 with a mortgage.