PC gamers happy with State of PlayStation, PlayStation gamers generally very disappointed

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Yep, I saw this comment on an article about Sony bending the knee to PC players about PSN log in, and its 100% true. Idk how anyone in the know can still be pleased with PlayStation this generation. And if you are, you're more of a corporate slave than a real fan of gaming. Glad I cancelled my PS Plus last year

image.png
I know i'm a pc gamer but
7tK6iXJ.jpeg

I like my PS5
this doomposting is silly
Games look really nice on it and its backwards compatibility makes it really convenient!

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Again with the Japan studios worship, if their games sold well they would not have been shut down. Even if SoTC is one the greatest games ever made it still hasn't crossed 2 million copies sold. Same with gravity rush and last guardian, these games look good on a list to show off but offer zero returns even if they are great games
Demons Souls didnt sell great. Look at Miyazaki games now. You cant always judge games on what they sold on PS2/PS3 era. I doubt it cost much to make something like Gravity Rush

• thisistheway
Reactions: Diah and Nhomnhom

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
Some weird stuff is already happening with half the people refusing to upgrade from PS4 and games like HFW underperforming.
Up until very recently, what reason did people have to upgrade to PS5 when all their games were cross-gen? Their cross-gen policy was yet another stupid decision that wound up hurting them because, as I said, people who already had PS4s had no reason to upgrade to the latest hardware to play games like HFW and GoWR. On the other hand, you have people like me, aka the early adopters who bought a PS5 at launch with the expectation of getting exclusive games, only to be fed games that could've been bought for the previous gen's hardware. PS5 was the first PlayStation console I've ever bought at launch, as I typically wait a year or two before buying in, but I can guarantee that it'll also be the last PlayStation I buy at launch after this shit show of a generation.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
The article in the op points out several times that it is late era PS3 and PS4 era games and fans that built the brand but thats bullshit, its PS1 and 2 that did that.
Wrong. The PS1 and PS2 audience bailed a long time ago.

PS4 and PS5 are entirely build on what was established during the PS3 generation.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Demons Souls didnt sell great. Look at Miyazaki games now. You cant always judge games on what they sold on PS2/PS3 era. I doubt it cost much to make something like Gravity Rush

Actually it did, based on very low installbase 4 years ago.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
They're talking about the original PS3 release.

It's an understatement to say that it sold poorly because Demon's Souls was practically the originator of the "unknown" genre.

But anyway :

Demon's Souls received critical acclaim in North America and Japan for its dark fantasy design, variation in combat choice and integrated online interactions. It was particularly known for its high difficulty level, with many critics noting it as a genuine challenge. The game was a commercial success, selling 39,966 copies in its first week in Japan and boosting PlayStation 3 sales in that region. In North America, Demon's Souls debuted at the eleventh place on October of 2009, according to the NPD group, with 150,000 sold, selling 500,000 by September 2010.

Around that time PS3 was at 35 million

Last edited:

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Because the games suck, everyone is saying Sony should focus on single player games, and their pivot is awful.
The problem isn’t live service but PS being silent & deafening for so long definitely don’t help PS or there live service.

If your a 3rd party idk why you would want to be associated with PS state of plays they gotten major negative feedback.

Concord being the first game shown is a comical decision it’s something they should’ve shown in the middle or near the end. Also they’ve could’ve shown a CGI of GOT 2 & CGI Spider-Man 2 DLC which would’ve helped. Then gameplay for both in the September showcase if there’s even a showcase later this year Xbox being a brain dead company & Nintendo Switch not really competing w 3rd party (but that will change with Switch 2) also Steamdeck doesn’t rely compete at a level w PS mainly due to Valve decision to not promote it but with Steamdeck 2 I can see more push on there console handheld hybrid especially now that they know they have Xbox & PS games + PC exclusive & Steam exclusive. Valve always wanted to get into the hardware business they was just so early w the Steam machine.