PC sales of PlayStation games

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'm saying it's a no brainer, it's easy money, and the evidence is that Sony keeps ramping up. When the next CEO continues enthusiastically pursuing PC ports, it further backs what I've been saying.

You, and co-thinkers are blinded by console war mentality to the point where you think you know better than Playstation what's good for Playstation.
Again, according to your logic, they should port to Xbox. And Nintendo as well!

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I'm saying it's a no brainer, it's easy money, and the evidence is that Sony keeps ramping up. When the next CEO continues enthusiastically pursuing PC ports, it further backs what I've been saying.

You, and co-thinkers are blinded by console war mentality to the point where you think you know better than Playstation what's good for Playstation.
You are blinded by wanting the games on PC (lets hope that you are at least buying them and not sailing the high sees, like the Gamepass pushers that would then scam gamepass subs and because of that saw a value that wasn't there).

I have a PC, I just hate how PlayStation is fast turning into the utter shit that is Xbox by following the exact same stepts that got them there. I like both PlayStation and PC and I don't want them to become the same thing or PlayStation to be destroyed by not being able to compete. They need to focus on what they are good at and that is not making PC games as is pretty evident.

Reactions: Diah and JAHGamer

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
You are blinded by wanting the games on PC (lets hope that you are at least buying them and not sailing the high sees, like the Gamepass pushers that would then scam gamepass subs and because of that saw a value that wasn't there).

I have a PC, I just hate how PlayStation is fast turning into the utter shit that is Xbox by following the exact same stepts that got them there. I like both PlayStation and PC and I don't want them to become the same thing. I want PlayStation to fight back by being on top of their game doing what they do best.
I guess playstation is also blinded by wanting their games on PC.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
going on 3 years now. this cope isn't going to hold much longer
PlayStation is what isn't going to hold much longer when they keep making PC so much more attractive than their own platform.

What is the advantage of playing on PlayStation? Paying a fee for multiplayer? Having a drastically smaller library of games? Worst performing versions of PlayStation own games? Paying more for games? Less options of peripherals? Drastically inferior BC? No native portable solution? No robust cloud solution?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
@Yurinka you can't spin these numbers buddy 🤣

A platform of 133+ million users can't even buy 2 million copies of Spiderman. "PC is bigger than console" is one of the biggest lies of the past 10 years, without question.
The 1.3M was only for the first 6 months or so. As of today they must have sold around over 2M, looking at the user reviews and doing the x25 estimate.

Only desilusional people would expected to sell way more a lot more being a full priced port of a 4 years old game. As seen in the older ports these games will sell more over time, when discounted resulting in highly profitable ports.

Sony seems to be happy getting hundreds of millions in revenue/profit per year with a great yearly growth every year. If you don't like it or can't accept it, then it's your issue, not mine.

GOW is a bigger IP than Horizon by far. The idea being, GOW 2018 should've sold more copies than HZD on Steam/PC, not less.
You guys are ignoring the release dates of the ports when looking at their sales.
Horizon 7 August 2020
GoW 14 January 2022
Spider-Man 12 August 2022
This slide with sales is from February 2023

The fastest selling game is Spider-Man followed by GoW, with Horizon behind both. Both Spider-Man and GoW ports are on track to sell more than the way older Horizon game, and specially Days Gone. And Horizon won't stop selling at 3.3M, this is what it had in February. It will continue being sold, like the other ones.

This is what the slide was mentioning.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
PlayStation is what isn't going to hold much longer when they keep making PC so much more attractive than their own platform.

What is the advantage of playing on PlayStation? Paying a fee for multiplayer? Having a drastically smaller library of games? Worst performing versions of PlayStation own games? Paying more for games? Less options of peripherals? Drastically inferior BC? No native portable solution? No robust cloud solution?
You’re wasting time arguing with this chud, as long as he gets to pirate games on his steam deck, he doesn’t care if PlayStation dies.

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
You’re wasting time arguing with this chud, as long as he gets to pirate games on his steam deck, he doesn’t care if PlayStation dies.
you have to resort to straight up lies because there is no counter argument. you want great games to be frozen in time with permanent performance flaws. you like that bloodborne is 1080p30 with nasty jutter forever. it's nuts.

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
you have to resort to straight up lies because there is no counter argument. you want great games to be frozen in time with permanent performance flaws. you like that bloodborne is 1080p30 with nasty jutter forever. it's nuts.
Except it only exists in the first place because PlayStation had the incentive to invest money to make an exclusive.

Sony won't be investing on AAA single player games to release them on PC day 1 where they don't sell and will be pirated to death, they'll try to adapt to the PC market by pivoting even harder towards GaaS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diah and JAHGamer

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Except it only exist in the first place because PlayStation had the incentive to invest money to make an exclusive.

Sony won't be investing on AAA single player games to release them on PC day where they don't sell and will be pirated to death, they'll try to adapt to the PC market by pivoting even harder towards GaaS.
oh right, how in the world could from software get a game published without playstation financing it.

the 2023 game of the year Baldurs Gate 3 sold 22M copies on Steam, overwhelmingly the game's strongest platform. this was also true of 2022 game of the year Elden Ring. if a game didn't meet sales expectations on PC, the publisher needs to figure out how to reach the audience better. the problem isn't with the audience.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
oh right, how in the world could from software get a game published without playstation financing it.

the 2023 game of the year Baldurs Gate 3 sold 22M copies on Steam, overwhelmingly the game's strongest platform. this was also true of 2022 game of the year Elden Ring. if a game didn't meet sales expectations on PC, the publisher needs to figure out how to reach the audience better. the problem isn't with the audience.
What does that has to do with the fact Bloodborne was a Sony game? So was Demon's Souls btw.

If all you care about is PC games why don't you focus on that and leave PlayStation games be? Do you also get mad at Nintendo? Is Nintendo stupid for not releasing their games on PlayStation? Is Valve leaving money on the table by not releasing their games on PlayStation? Or does you logic only apply went it comes to PC ports?

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
What does that has to do with the fact Bloodborne was a Sony game? So was Demon's Souls btw.

If all you want is for PC why don't you focus on that and leave PlayStation games be, do you also get mad at Nintendo?
nintendo mostly makes dogshit, so i don't care about them. i bought a ps5 to play playstation games. playstation decided they're going to put their games on pc. since they're doing that, i'd rather play them on pc where they look and run their best, and where i prefer to build my library anyway. why should i buy playstation games at launch now when they're going to ask me to double dip in a couple years? just put them out on pc at launch.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Where did I lie? 🤣

you accuse me of lying and then go on to say BG3 sold 22m copies on Steam LMFAO 😂😂

That’s the winner of biggest lie of the year right there

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Where did I lie? 🤣

you accuse me of lying and then go on to say BG3 sold 22m copies on Steam LMFAO 😂😂

That’s the winner of biggest lie of the year right there
Screenshot-20231219-125250.png