Phil Spencer: "....getting Nintendo would be a career moment and I honestly believe a good move for both companies."

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
I'm curious to see how Nintendo will react here
Figuring Out Super Mario GIF by Mario + Rabbids
Driving Donkey Kong GIF
Clog Video Games GIF by GIPHY Gaming

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
They won't.
Neither will Sony.
This is a case of MS screwing themselves alone.
In the wake of this news, I commend both Sony and Nintendo for secrecy and not making PR fluff like MS does, because it clearly bites you back in the ass sooner or later.
I hope it makes everyone more aware how MS will partner up/buy companies, so that said company can invest and sneak into video game publishers and platforms.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I wonder if the Nintendo diehards will realize that Xbox are not their allies after this.
Nintendo Diehards are still in denial that Nintendo was the Microsoft of the console world before Microsoft joined it, so don't hold your breath.

Remember, those are the same people who applaud the fact that launch Switch games are STILL at full price, 7 years later.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Nintendo Diehards are still in denial that Nintendo was the Microsoft of the console world before Microsoft joined it, so don't hold your breath.

Remember, those are the same people who applaud the fact that launch Switch games are STILL at full price, 7 years later.
Nah for Nintendo to be the Microsoft of the gaming industry they would force you to pay $60/70 a month to play their games, and sell you additional licenses per user of their hardware

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Bbmajor7th from neogaf said:

"XBOX are the trust-fund brats of the industry:

"Daddy, I want Nintendo! Buy me Nintendo!"
"But son, we already bought you a bunch of studios and publishers and you never play with them..."
"I WANT NINTENDO NOW!"

Honestly, Nintendo joining Microsoft would be like when Woody and Buzz walked into Sid's bedroom."

Sid from toy story is a great analogy for Microsoft.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Bbmajor7th from neogaf said:

"XBOX are the trust-fund brats of the industry:

"Daddy, I want Nintendo! Buy me Nintendo!"
"But son, we already bought you a bunch of studios and publishers and you never play with them..."
"I WANT NINTENDO NOW!"

Honestly, Nintendo joining Microsoft would be like when Woody and Buzz walked into Sid's bedroom."

Sid from toy story is a great analogy for Microsoft.
Would be that meme from toy story where Andy drops woody in the bin & says I don't wanna play with you anymore except Andy is nintendo fans & Nintendo is woody 🤣

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Theyre probably not laughing because Microsoft's Trojan horse has about a billion invested in them. Might looking into why square enix stock collapsed so suddenly. Another MS scheme so phil can play hero for company in need?
100% with Square. The TGS show will be very telling. If that idiot Square CEO is there it means MS plan worked. Big investment behing the scenes to replace the stock.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Nintendo bots are disgusting.

"Microsoft's got my full support in acquiring anybody and everybody

except Nintendo 😂 In a better universe the only platform holders are those two.
"

Openly admitting to only supporting MS because they have a hate boner for Sony. I think some of these console fans need to be checked for mental stability.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Nintendo bots are disgusting.

"Microsoft's got my full support in acquiring anybody and everybody

except Nintendo 😂 In a better universe the only platform holders are those two.
"

Openly admitting to only supporting MS because they have a hate boner for Sony. I think some of these console fans need to be checked for mental stability.
🙄🙄🙄

• party
Reactions: flaccidsnake

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Didn't Yuji Naka just go to jail for doing that while he was at Square?
Naka was the biggest one.

There are a lot of executives also go to jail or under arrested back in 2013, another time in 2017 but they didn't find anything.

Square track record is pretty dirty as far as I know.

Sony could work with them all they want but yea, having them under your wings would be tiring