Phil Spencer: "....getting Nintendo would be a career moment and I honestly believe a good move for both companies."

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I don't care. Sony would try to buy Nintendo if they were selling. But the deal would get blocked anyway.
When has Sony bought a publisher In recent memory? They literally bought a publisher before they released Playstation 1.
Stop your biased trolling crap or MS dick riding, which ever it is

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
OEE9jZ0.jpg

This stuff triggers me so bad. I can’t fucking stand this little cunt
i wonder why? 😂🤣

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
When has Sony bought a publisher In recent memory? They literally bought a publisher before they released Playstation 1.
Stop your biased trolling crap or MS dick riding, which ever it is
I hope that banned user go to resetera, to spread the legend of ultimateFF, who just killed his box, his dignity, and his account 🤣 .

• haha
Reactions: Kokoloko

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022

Starphanluke from Restera said:​

"Microsoft's (and more specifically the Xbox division and Phil Spencer's) obsession with acquisitions is so gross. That company is going to tear this industry down. They buy all these studios but can't seem to release a damn game. Meanwhile, Nintendo is releasing a genre-defining game like... once a year.

The fact that he wrote this at the height of the Switchmania is truly the definition of hubris."

Great post.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022

"Microsoft's (and more specifically the Xbox division and Phil Spencer's) obsession with acquisitions is so gross. That company is going to tear this industry down. They buy all these studios but can't seem to release a damn game. Meanwhile, Nintendo is releasing a genre-defining game like... once a year.

The fact that he wrote this at the height of the Switchmania is truly the definition of hubris."

Great post.
Resetera xbox mod after seeing that post
Youre Out The Big Bang Theory GIF by CBS

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
I think Nintendo and like…Samsung are among the last of the major companies that still have family of founding/major members on the board or with stake. Just on a pride level I don’t see a sale happening.

Nintendo is also poised to be similar or bigger than Disney so investors would want to at least wait that out.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
In the first paragraph of the email, he talks about some ValueAct, a group who just bought a 1 BILLION stake in nintendo. The plan is already in motion but the folks over at resetera thinks MS was just saying a pipe dream

Quote from phil in the email
"The unfortunate (or fortunate for Nintendo) situation is that Nintendo is sitting on a big pile of cash, they have a BoD (board of directors) that until recently has not pushed for further increase in market growth or stock appreciation,” he reported to his colleagues Chris Capossela and Takeshi Numoto. “I say ‘until recently’ as our former MS BoD member ValueAct has been heavily acquiring shares of Nintendo (...) and I’ve kept in touch with Mason Morfit [ValueAct’s CEO, editor’s note] as he’s been acquiring. It’s likely he will be pushing for more Nintendo stock which could create opportunities for us.”

Quote from another forum poster.

"So step one would be inserting people (or even themselves) into the Nintendo BOD and then using those people to influence from within. The biggest issue in this situation is the fact that it's come to light via Spencer's email that Mason Morfit is not working alone (in that he's not acting solely on the best interests of ValueAct), Spencer is using him as a Proxy to gain influence over the Nintendo board with the end goal of softening them up to the ideal of a deep partnership/collaboration with Microsoft (or even a buyout).

My feeling is that the wheels are already in motion, especially considering how quick Nintendo were to sign that Activision deal.

Alarm bells should be ringing at Nintendo HQ, the imposters are likely already in place."

How is this any different from a hostile take over?

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
what's most alarming is that the email lays bare that this evil fat old conman has placed bad faith actors and malicious investors to buy up Nintendo's shares in hopes that one day, maybe even decades down the line, they can devalue Nintendo to the point where they can 'force collaboration' (Mergers & Acquisitions lingo) between Xbox and Nintendo.

and this plan is going on as we speak.

Absolutely F*cking EVIL.

"Nintendo's future exists off of their own hardware" - Fat old dad bod exec whose console is stillborn, dead last and a laughing stock failure worldwide

My god. I didn't think it was possible to hate Phil and xbox even more, but they truly deserve it.

Scum.
How tf did the FTC have all of this and still lose??? Boggles my mind

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022

Great post.
is not going to tear this industry down. is going to destroy Xbox from inside. and isn't this outcome what everyone wants?

is funny to see how some people are so scared and triggered by MS/ Xbox's acquisitions but the fact of the matter is that all these moves (Game Pass, Acquisitions-consolidation)
are coming from a place of desperation and weakness; from a company that has show a total incompetence over the years.

Xbox is going to face the hardest time in their entire history, it's going to be a complete clustefuck.

• they're_right_you_know

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Seriously how tf is this guy a CEO of a billion dollar company? He runs Xbox like he's just winging it and putting stuff together at the absolute last second, and he emails other executives like they're working on a middle school group project 😐😐 Good lord.

image.png

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023

You can't take this xbotz bootlicker seriously, the moment he acted like we insulted his cult leader idiot phil 🤣 .

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The defense force has been activated.
This is absolutely a PR disaster.
Shills assemble! Ambassadors Unite.
Im looking forward to the day that the shills get expoosed. And everyone can see who works for ms/xbox/phil etc

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Seriously how tf is this guy a CEO of a billion dollar company? He runs Xbox like he's just winging it and putting stuff together at the absolute last second, and he emails other executives like they're working on a middle school group project 😐😐 Good lord.

image.png
This idiot is only good at PR (and creating cult 🤣).

• they're_right_you_know