Phil Spencer: "....getting Nintendo would be a career moment and I honestly believe a good move for both companies."

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
100% with Square. The TGS show will be very telling. If that idiot Square CEO is there it means MS plan worked. Big investment behing the scenes to replace the stock.
Bullshit. Takashi Kiryuu is coming a from a Metaverse company which Sony has previously invested in. There will be no major announcements like FF7R. Stop this doom gibberish. Can’t hear it anymore.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Bullshit. Takashi Kiryuu is coming a from a Metaverse company which Sony has previously invested in. There will be no major announcements like FF7R. Stop this doom gibberish. Can’t hear it anymore.
Even if they did get some old ass ports (which might not even happen), it would be a pretty huge leap in logic to assume that it means that Square don't want to work with PlayStation anymore.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Is there a real conversation about their upcoming games? I honesty get the feeling that these guys (the top brass at xbox) don't care about the games at all, which may explain a lot about their output.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Even if they did get some old ass ports (which might not even happen), it would be a pretty huge leap in logic to assume that it means that Square don't want to work with PlayStation anymore.
No it’s simply not coming. Jez Corden said it himself.

There will be no FF7R coming to Xbox. Corden usually gets lots of internal information about Xbox. He knows about Xbox stuff. There won’t be any mainline FF on Xbox ever again.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
They clearly aren't the ones who needs to protect themselves. Microsoft and the Saudi's are both after Nintendo.

And I doubt the Japanese government would protect Nintendo from a buyout / merger the way they would Sony.
Whilst Sony is a Historical company for the country and have their tech business over gaming, but isn't Nintendo also considered as protected, from a Cultural perspective?

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Whilst Sony is a Historical company for the country and have their tech business over gaming, but isn't Nintendo also considered as protected, from a Cultural perspective?
National security.

Sony owns image sensoring semiconductor, basically one of Japan's stances against the expansion of other countries in the semiconductor industry.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
lol "i just like some things about xbox" fuck off

that company is trying to destroy the industry and replace it with cheap trash shovelware subscription service bullshit

get
and i can't emphasize this enough
the fuck out of here with that bullshit

Well... I do kinda like some XB things...

1. Wii360 was cheaper than a PS3 back in the day, not that uk sku got full hardware BC in the end. Pretty much negated by RROD and me not liking motion controls.

2. BC service/Glow UP approach. Not just when old games get added to the BC service, but games used to get extra enhancements for X1, like FPS patches and stuff. By comparison Sony shut down PS3 MP servers and then does remasters at full price, and leave the MP modes out ffs.

3. The downloadability of all games on GP. If that is still correct.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Sony is a bit more protected by the government because they are also into financial banking and has their tentacles into more industries... so they are a bigger security threat.

24 Jun 2022
Nah for Nintendo to be the Microsoft of the gaming industry they would force you to pay $60/70 a month to play their games, and sell you additional licenses per user of their hardware

No, they're right. In the '80s, Nintendo locked virtually every major Japanese 3P into exclusivity deals. They could make games ONLY for Nintendo's own consoles. No one else. Not Sega, not NEC, no one.

They also limited the amount of games a 3P could publish on their systems per year. This is why some Japanese publishers made spinoff subsidiaries, so that they could circumvent the publication limit. The exclusivity stuff is also why some like Namco made Namcot; to skirt around the clauses and make games for rivals like Sega. Hell, it's why Sega had to purchase the license for so many games (especially Japanese ones) early on in Genesis/MegaDrive's life, from companies like Capcom (Strider), reprogramming them in-house too.

It got so bad Nintendo got hit with an antitrust lawsuit in 1990/1991 in America...and lost the lawsuit. Even Microsoft hasn't quite had that happen yet, though they're fast on their way to try making it a reality.