Phil Spencer: Starfield being 30fps is a "creative choice", not a hardware issue.

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
519b0fdabd6ef35982ba8bd048fcc9213bc491ear1-353-334v2_00.jpg

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
This will form part of his greatest hits in stupid comments. A simple comment that although it is 30fps at launch they will look to making a 60fps version post launch. All wrapped up, next question.

How do some of these geebags get high paying jobs?

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
This will form part of his greatest hits in stupid comments. A simple comment that although it is 30fps at launch they will look to making a 60fps version post launch. All wrapped up, next question.

How do some of these geebags get high paying jobs?
In Phil's case, he is honestly the head of Xbox because NOBODY else wanted the job at that time.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
In Phil's case, he is honestly the head of Xbox because NOBODY else wanted the job at that time.
My friend who knows nothing about gaming was watching it with me. And when he saw Phil and the whole “stock issues” part, he just said is this guy meant to come across as a lying sleeseball salesman lol.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: ethomaz

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
My friend who knows nothing about gaming was watching it with me. And when he saw Phil and the whole “stock issues” part, he just said is this guy mean to come across and a lying sleeseball salesman lol.
Phil has always come across as greasy and dishonest.

You just know MS would have given ANYBODY else that job if they'd had anyone else willing to take it, but leading Xbox was seen inside the company as a career-killer already, and they sure as hell weren't going to get anyone from outside MS to come in after the Bone launch failure fiasco.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
My friend who knows nothing about gaming was watching it with me. And when he saw Phil and the whole “stock issues” part, he just said is this guy mean to come across and a lying sleeseball salesman lol.
Funny how that's obviously what he is, yet you can't find a member of the gaming press who doesn't say he's a "great guy" who "gets it".

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Yeah, it always like this when he brings bags of cash.. "great guy, he gets it " 😂
When he did the interview with Kinda Funny, the first thing Mike Howard asks him about is the blocking of "our" acquisition of Activision. Literally framing it as if massive corporate consolidation is in all of our interest, or maybe the interest of Xbox fans over Playstation fans. Either way, really sick shit.