Phil Spencer: Starfield being 30fps is a "creative choice", not a hardware issue.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
"Is Starfield going to be 30 FPS just like Redfall?"
Phil Spencer: "You are going to find out in June."

Comes June: "It's a creative decision to cap it at 30fps."

He literally said the meme Xbox fanboys have used to attack Sony 1P games last generation.

Only in his case, unironically.

And of course NOW it's an acceptable answer. But it wasn't when Sony's 1P games were 30 FPS on PS4.
At least The Order looked damn fine, better than almost all Xbox game that released since then.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
When he did the interview with Kinda Funny, the first thing Mike Howard asks him about is the blocking of "our" acquisition of Activision. Literally framing it as if massive corporate consolidation is in all of our interest, or maybe the interest of Xbox fans over Playstation fans. Either way, really sick shit.
Yeah, yeah, i remember 😂 pathetic.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
I can't believe people on Twitter are actually defending the fact that Xbox Series consoles are aiming for 30fps, and then we have some unknown developer claiming it has nothing to do with power...............and well he may be right but when a major company like Microsoft announces a console that capable to withstand anything thrown at then in reality it does not you have to wonder if they were lying. I'm only saying that due to it being on PC and I'm assuming it won't be locked in frame-rates and even if it was I'm sure a mod would fix that.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The lies and excuses around this whole thing are insane. Including people like the above "dev" saying it's hard to hit 60fps on a game "this scale."

It just has nothing to do with it. It's really crazy to me how people just toss around jargon thinking it either makes them look smart, or correct, when it achieves neither.

The engine is old and shitty and not built for high performance on a modern console. That's all they have to say. But the truth isn't marketable I guess.

Tired of the idiots on twitter.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
The combat of their games has always been slow paced. Even though they made great emphasis on tuning things up for Starfield, I don’t believe it will be all too different.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The lies and excuses around this whole thing are insane. Including people like the above "dev" saying it's hard to hit 60fps on a game "this scale."

It just has nothing to do with it. It's really crazy to me how people just toss around jargon thinking it either makes them look smart, or correct, when it achieves neither.

The engine is old and shitty and not built for high performance on a modern console. That's all they have to say. But the truth isn't marketable I guess.

Tired of the idiots on twitter.
They don't even have the decency to own up to it.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
John from DF speculated that it could be CPU-bound. If true, the PC version is clearly gonna be the best.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
John from DF speculated that it could be CPU-bound. If true, the PC version is clearly gonna be the best.

The game is engine bound. John has been doing so much astroturfing with this game it's impressive he hasn't turned into a football pitch.

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
What i learned after launch of next gen about Xbox Series X is that:

- It's not the most powerful console ever
- 60fps is not its Standard output
- It doesn't eat monsters for breakfast

Bonus:

FuUlD4AXoAEEW5S.jpg

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Seriously, at the 50 second mark, when he says "It's a creative .... decision" the slight pause after creative, then he almost whispers decision, kind of like he knew that was a pure lie.

Normally they should have at least given a VRR (unlocked) option. I wonder what's stopping them.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Seriously, at the 50 second mark, when he says "It's a creative .... decision" the slight pause after creative, then he almost whispers decision, kind of like he knew that was a pure lie.

Normally they should have at least given a VRR (unlocked) option. I wonder what's stopping them.
It doesn't fit their creative vision!

Helios

Coolios
11 Jun 2023
The pc recommended specs they have shared doesn't specify whether they are for 60fps or 30fps, they don't look too powerful than a ps5 or xbox so im going to assume it is for 30fps.