Phil Spencer will be on Kinda Funny XCast tomorrow

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Redfall is worse than the meta even says it is. This is far worse than either cyberpunk and fallout 76 launches. Cyberpunk was delisted and so should Redfall.

Nintendo cancelled star fox 2 just before it was about to release. Better games have been cancelled.

Redfall should’ve arguably been scrapped. It’s clear in this interview that there is zero quality control at Xbox. They don’t care. They just want more games on gamepass.

Xbox is about to be a graveyard of dead studios.
Cyberpunk was delisted only on PlayStation.

• Informative
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Toumari

30 Apr 2023
I'm actually surprised they never asked about the Series X stock situtation, as it seems pretty bad at the moment.

Reactions: Bryank75

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I want to know why Mike and Gary didn't ask Phil what was the deal with Senators writing letters to Japan about Sony's position in console gaming there.....

WTF is that all about Phil?
Gary didn't want to burn bridges, he was very apologetic in behalf of Phil and Xbox every time he got to say anything.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I'm actually surprised they never asked about the Series X stock situtation, as it seems pretty bad at the moment.
Probably because it is not a issue for the guys that make these questions priority.
This stock situation is not that bad imo you can find the console in US Amercia. in Store.
Maybe not in all stores but you can find one near you.

Plus Series X bundles are overstocked and MS wants these to sell.
It just the demand is slow.

BTW they had in the list for questions (low priority) these ones:

1683212352997.png

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Xbox just needs to find a niche to settle into instead of wasting their time coming up with all of these schemes to eliminate/undermine Playstation.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
there are some people on other sites that literally are saying this quote has them worried about xbox. I understand their overall vision of looking past consoles. But if you cant get your brand in order which you do with Great content you cant get anywhere else, then whats the point of trying to reach people outside of consoles?

You need to have a brand and games people give a shit about period. I feel their lofy ambition/mission they put before the most important thing which is games.

For most of us, there is nothing beyond console.

We all have limited time and console does everything for my entertainment, I don't want streaming or PC. I don't want my power as a gamer diminished or to play on a machine that I associate with work and that annoys me most of the day.

For Microsoft, they are PC basically and there is a very healthy gaming community there, maybe they should just focus on that and adding value to their well trodden territory.

---------------------------------------------

Gary Whitta really annoyed me.. we all have to take a bite of the shit sandwich??? Because Redfall failed....

No, we do not have to share in the failure you are a part of. YOU wanted gamepass, you said it was good for gamers, you told us that we were fools for saying it would diminish quality. YOU wanted microsoft to buy every publisher in sight to feed that failing model and YOU made excuses at every turn for them and continue to do so....

We are buying games on our chosen platform, our games are hitting the quality mark each and every time. Our platform is breaking sales records...

So, no Gary... we don't have to take a bite. Now piss off and finish your sandwich...

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
MS is getting out of the consoles business, probably not willing to take losses to push hardware sales at this point.

If the trend continues the next batch of bad news about Xbox should come from this interview.
Called it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ethomaz

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Really!? I can't even.....WTF

53Vhowa.jpeg

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Xbox just needs to find a niche to settle into instead of wasting their time coming up with all of these schemes to eliminate/undermine Playstation.
Like 10 years ago, MS should've just built Xbox into Windows so that any Windows PC can be a game console. Now Valve has made a ton of progress on that, and imo deserve the rewards for it.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Xbox fans saying Phil was lying because of the ABK deal, for the first time the dude speaks the truth and now of all times is when they start to doubt his words?

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Two stunning things in the first 10 minutes:
Snowbikemike: "i'm very excited to see this [activision] deal go through"

What a fucking bootlicker man. Why are you excited as a gamer? What will be better about the games you play because Microsoft bought the biggest publisher in gaming? A much smaller audience for Call of Duty has got to be near the top.

Spencer is defending the team by throwing them under the bus. Talking about their ambition. Talking about how he would NEVER force studio to do one thing just because they're good at it. 343 ONLY exists to make Halo, and they're pretty bad at it. The Coalition has tried to make something other than Gears of War, but they haven't. Their track record is way better than 343, but the Coalition Gears entries like the Jurassic World or Ghostbusters Afterlife of a franchise that should be put to bed. I'm sure the team can do something more inspired.
Didn’t Coalition start out as Black Tusk and have an ambitious project scrapped due to lack of milestones before being turned into the Gears factory?

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Didn’t Coalition start out as Black Tusk and have an ambitious project scrapped due to lack of milestones before being turned into the Gears factory?
yes! it looked very splinter cell inspired from the teasers. and I think there were heavy rumors of another new ip that got mothballed.