PlayStation 5 has had the Biggest Q1 for ANY console in HISTORY shipping 6.3 Million Units! 38.5 Million shipped worldwide

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
The only reason Microsoft's hardware sales are down 30% is due to them consoles not being available. As we all know, bundles don't count, so that's that. They have actually sold 24M consoles. Don't believe me? Here, look at my math and all the reputation I've built based on intuition:

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

Did you see it? Microsoft has actually sold 26M Xbox consoles, just look at their quarterly revenue! We all know 3x9=27, and if we divide that by PI and apply the Fibonacci sequence to their 2012 earnings, we'll all reach the logical conclusion of 28M consoles sold.

Calculating Zach Galifianakis GIF by filmeditor

Additionally, if we extrapolate the quantum polarity of their earnings in 2016 and find the values in the plank scale, you'll see that Microsoft has actually sold 30M consoles!

Explaining Fran Healy GIF by Travis

@Welfare can't wait to see you debunk my math skills
When did Timdog get an account??? Flalwless math!

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
So PS5 is up at nearly 40 million and Xbox Series consoles are around 19-20 million (being generous)

So we are at the 2:1 point basically now.

Very impressive.

I am going out on a limb and saying 3:1 is very possible this generation. Maybe even a bit higher.
At this pace series wont sell more than 40M. Its behind xbone while ps5 s taking share. So 3:1 could really happen.

D

Deleted member 417

Probably because it didn't sell gangbusters. My math has it at between 500k and 750k units sold. However, they are clear in that they consider it a peripheral / accessory, and added the revenue under that section.
500k to 750k units for a £530 accessory in February during a cost of living increase is pretty friggin incredible. They may be waiting to for the 1M milestone before announcing.

I would like to see the attach rate of PSVR2, because the people who bought the headset must have purchased 3-5 games with it.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Why are they hiding PSVR2 sales?
So much concern trolling about PSVR and the supposed competition in the market from the usual suspects in every threads about this news.

There's no worry about Steam in the PC market or when Nintendo sells gangbusters. Being dominant is only an issue for Sony, Xbox needs to keep them in check.

Customers made their choice. Deal with it.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Why are they hiding PSVR2 sales?
Probably not great sales (the original PSVR also didn't set the world on fire), why is MS hiding the Xbox sales for close to 10 years at this point?

So much concern trolling about PSVR and the supposed competition in the market from the usual suspects in every threads about this news.

There's no worry about Steam in the PC market or when Nintendo sells gangbusters. Being dominant is only an issue for Sony, Xbox needs to keep them in check.

Good point Nintendo is pretty much alone in the portable console market, Steam is pretty much the only viable game storefront on PC (and by far the best), why can't PlayStation be the only powerful console left if Xbox die? It should've already died a long time ago. Who knows maybe without the Xbox, Valve or Nintendo will feel like releasing a more traditional/powerful console to take that space for themselves.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

The quantum nature of Nintendo’s standing as a competitor is fascinating.

They don’t count when counting them puts Xbox dead last, then they do count to prove MS isn’t the only game in town if some bad deal were to go through.

Also getting a kick out of the morons claiming PlayStation hardware is only affordable because Xbox existing makes them keep the prices down. Have they all forgotten that the PS1 and PS2 both launched well below the price point most had predicted, both before MS was even making consoles?

24 Jun 2022
A lot to digest here.

To think PS5 had the biggest Q1 ever costing $500, having no first party release or any big third party release this quarter while most other entertainment companies were coming back to earth after inflated numbers during the pandemic.

The PS5 and the PlayStation brand are just incredible.

You forgot about Hogwarts Legacy. That was in February, and obviously, a massive game. RE4 Remake was also a big deal.

So I wouldn't say there weren't any big 3P releases Q1.

That Tekii guy needs to have several seats. Software sales increased from last year. First party alone. This doesn’t even include 3rd party games

image0.jpg

Honestly, he needs to be fired. His constant negative PS bias combined with him being repeatedly wrong on many things regarding the platform is IMO hurting Bloomberg's reputability. If they didn't have Jason there, they'd be a complete joke for gaming news.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
You forgot about Hogwarts Legacy. That was in February, and obviously, a massive game. RE4 Remake was also a big deal.

So I wouldn't say there weren't any big 3P releases Q1.
I meant to say big third party exclusive. There were plenty of big third-party games in Q1.

Dead Space, Monster Hunter Rise, Hogwarts, RE4.

Q2 is going to have Jedi Survivor, Diablo 4, Street Fighter 6 and Final Fantasy XVI. Bigger games, but less spread out.

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
Man never misses an opportunity to try to counter any positive news.
I mean, this was a guy who said they slashed VR output. Then reported VR output was poor. Then Sony refused to report VR sales. Is he wrong?

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I mean, this was a guy who said they slashed VR output. Then reported VR output was poor. Then Sony refused to report VR sales. Is he wrong?

Just because Sony didn't report on the sales of a peripheral doesn't mean the peripheral sold poorly. As I'v said, it sold anything between 500 and 700k units in less than 60 days. Given the whole quarter, it would probably have sold 1.5M. That's not bad at all.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Yes. Microsoft doesn't report console sales or GP so it's likely - nay - certain that console sales are still stuck at <20 million and will expire before reaching the lows of the original Xbox while GP subs have shrunk to below 20 as well.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty