PlayStation 5 share in France vs Xbox reaches 93% vs 7%

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Obviously I am aware PS5 was supplied constrained everywhere until late last year.

Which is why I said I am not impressed with the sales of THIS year? Breaking 1 million was the bare minimum it should have achieved there this year.
You understand that this hasn't accounted for the holiday season yet right? It's going to be well over 1 million and will probably hit 1.5 by the end of December.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Yep, it'll breeze past 1.3m. Dabaus' expectations manage to be both unrealistic and achievable, because to hit that number will be one of the most extraordinary achievements for any platform in history, in France. @Dabaus you clearly don't get what you're asking for.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Yep, it'll breeze past 1.3m. Dabaus' expectations manage to be both unrealistic and achievable, because to hit that number will be one of the most extraordinary achievements for any platform in history, in France. @Dabaus you clearly don't get what you're asking for.
Been busy past few days, what did i say that you are referring to?

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Do you even comprehend what an idiotic statement that is?

If beating one of the most successful systems of all time isn't good enough for you, just wow.
Ah he finally stops spamming idiotic reactions in my notifications tab and instead replies with his typical basic insults.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
You understand that this hasn't accounted for the holiday season yet right? It's going to be well over 1 million and will probably hit 1.5 by the end of December.
You don't say? Which is why I said if they don't hit 1.3 million THIS YEAR I'll consider it an underperformance. My posts were pretty direct.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
No I know exactly what I said and I stand by that. This situation with PS5 is completely different this year. They had a abysmal 2nd year because of stock issues and a very mediocre first year.... Sony themselves are pushing for their biggest sales year ever because even they are expecting mass migration after built up demand due to lack of access to inventory last year.

I don't see how me expecting PS5 to hit a sales peak of around 1.3 million the second best year for the Switch equates to me being unrealistic lol. But whatever floats y'all boat here.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
You don't say? Which is why I said if they don't hit 1.3 million THIS YEAR I'll consider it an underperformance. My posts were pretty direct.
Clearly you're missing some context, because you being underwhelmed at this stage with the sales is insane given that it's tracking to beat your baseline.

Your first post wasn't '1.3mil this year = underperformance'. You said both machines were underperforming, then were informed of the shortages, but even if we assume you knew that, spinning 750k this year so far as an underperformance just shows a lack of understanding of how sales track throughout the year and what portion the holiday months make up.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Clearly you're missing some context, because you being underwhelmed at this stage with the sales is insane given that it's tracking to beat your baseline.

Your first post wasn't '1.3mil this year = underperformance'. You said both machines were underperforming, then were informed of the shortages, but even if we assume you knew that, spinning 750k this year so far as an underperformance just shows a lack of understanding of how sales track throughout the year and what portion the holiday months make up.
And I stand by that... I did say both are underperforming In my eyes. I'm holding PS5 to different standard than Xbox for obvious reaasosn (which is what I commented on) and then I further went on to say if they don't hit 1.3 million for the year I'll consider it an underperformance for the year overall ,when y'all started to quote my comment, so the conversation further evolved... It's not that hard to follow the chain of events...💀🤦🏽‍♂️

And I wasn't informed of any shortages everyone knew PS5 had shortages, please you presented no information of substance to me here I wasn't aware of.

But seeing you once again said my baseline 1.3 million figure is achievable, why are you arguing against my comments? Doesn't make any sense at all.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
And I stand by that... I did say both are underperforming In my eyes. I'm holding PS5 to different standard than Xbox for obvious reaasosn (which is what I commented on) and then I further went on to say if they don't hit 1.3 million for the year I'll consider it an underperformance for the year overall ,when y'all started to quote my comment, so the conversation further evolved... It's not that hard to follow the chain of events...💀🤦🏽‍♂️

And I wasn't informed of any shortages everyone knew PS5 had shortages, please you presented no information of substance to me here I wasn't aware of.

But seeing you once again said my baseline 1.3 million figure is achievable, why are you arguing against my comments? Doesn't make any sense at all.
It's about perspective. I'm not disagreeing that Ps5 will sell that much. It's that your expectations are unreasonable. 1.3 million would be insanely good. What level of sales would actually impress you? 2 million? 3? Something no console has ever achieved? That's what it's sounding like.

Once I'd informed you of the shortages you understood why the earlier years were lower and changed your argument to this year, but you're still off the mark.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It's about perspective. I'm not disagreeing that Ps5 will sell that much. It's that your expectations are unreasonable. 1.3 million would be insanely good. What level of sales would actually impress you? 2 million? 3? Something no console has ever achieved? That's what it's sounding like.

Once I'd informed you of the shortages you understood why the earlier years were lower and changed your argument to this year, but you're still off the mark.
You're still here thinking you informed me about shortages when Sony was screaming from the roof tops every 3 months to investors they are working to fix the shortages... Oh wow... Pat yourself on the back a bit more 🤣.

Or the fact it was known Europe got shafted last year hard so they could stay competitive in North America. There were times some countries were getting less than 500 PS5's a week in Europe, but hey what would I know? I only learnt about shortages through you in this thread lol.

Like I said 1.3 million should be the baseline this year. Obviously, anything over that means I'm fully impressed / satisfied... You can drop the straw mans arguement.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
You're still here thinking you informed me about shortages when Sony was screaming from the roof tops every 3 months to investors they are working to fix the shortages... Oh wow... Pat yourself on the back a bit more 🤣.

Or the fact it was known Europe got shafted last year hard so they could stay competitive in North America. There were times some countries were getting less than 500 PS5's a week in Europe, but hey what would I know? I only learnt about shortages through you in this thread lol.

Like I said 1.3 million should be the baseline this year. Obviously, anything over that means I'm fully impressed / satisfied... You can drop the straw mans arguement.
Taking Notes GIF by One Chicago

Patient does not understand that there needs to be a sizeable difference between a baseline performance expectation and an impressive one.