PlayStation 5 Technical Presentation (9/10/2024)

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
GXC4GXOXUAA_J4K

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Yeah if they had some first party games to announce soon I don't see why they couldn't combine it with this and have a Showcase. So keep expectations very low for the next State of Play.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I have faith that Mark won’t spew that 36TF nonsense and, maybe, not talk about TF at all.

ghostwriter74

27 Jun 2023
Why do some people think that they will announce the price tomorrow and that it will be available for pre-order right away?

PS5 was revealed by Cerny at the time, games were shown later and the price and launch date were only announced months later. PSVR2 was revealed in a similar way, first the specs, then some people could test the device with Horizon, then Sony announced the price and launch date months later. In my opinion they will obviously present the technology and the differences between the PS5 and the Pro at the technical presentation. Specs will also certainly be available via blog post and initial announcements as to which games the Pro supports and will be patched.

We will still see games that run on the Pro by the end of the month. Some will only be as trailers on the Playstation channel, then at the SoP and definitely at the TGS. I am also expecting Death Stranding 2 previews, which could be played on the Pro, in the next few days. I don't expect the price until marketing has started. If Sony announces the price straight away, many people who think the price is too high will not even look at what the Pro can do.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
9 minutes? The hell is it so short?

Same amount of memory, probably same I/O architecture (maybe they'll go from 12-channel controller to a cheaper off-the-shelf 8ch one), same CPU.

He's really only going to talk about the wider GPU with improved raytracing performance and PSSR. The 9-minute talk is probably going to be followed by game trailers that show the new capabilities.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
They need a new first party game to show what the pro is capable of, SIE had trademarked Intergalactic iirc. If they leave the announcements for dorito pope's show then that would be a massive mistake. They only need to show 1 game that makes you go Aha! so this why the pro is needed

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
State of Play will probably be next week then. Get the PS5 Pro announcement out of the way and then show the games running off the PS5 Pro.
Why not just do a 40 minute show doing both?

People are gonna complain when they see a new console and no games running on it or new games

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Why do they always list the length of the presentation in the announcements? Is it to set expectations or something? I've never seen any other tech company do it outside of the gaming industry.
It's to set expectations, or else you get a lot of bad press because of expected expectations.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
They need a new first party game to show what the pro is capable of, SIE had trademarked Intergalactic iirc. If they leave the announcements for dorito pope's show then that would be a massive mistake. They only need to show 1 game that makes you go Aha! so this why the pro is needed
They don't really need new first party games to show what the pro is capable of.

It can be any game.

Reactions: Hezekiah