PlayStation 5 Technical Presentation (9/10/2024)

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
9 minutes? The hell is it so short?
We’re lucky this isnt just a blogpot by Playstation.

From the sounds that no new game will be shown…. I dunno how thats a good thing. Or why its a good idea. Its not

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
They don't really need new first party games to show what the pro is capable of.

It can be any game.
Yeah but they need to sell the pro, I am going to get it if PSSR is halfway decent unlike the crappy FSR but most people need a game preferably a new game that hypes up the pro

Reactions: Entropi

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Yeah but they need to sell the pro, I am going to get it if PSSR is halfway decent unlike the crappy FSR but most people need a game preferably a new game that hypes up the pro
The selling point of the pro is basically any game will look/perform better. Not sure why a new first party game would be needed for that.

• haha
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: AllBizness and Nym

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They need a new first party game to show what the pro is capable of, SIE had trademarked Intergalactic iirc. If they leave the announcements for dorito pope's show then that would be a massive mistake. They only need to show 1 game that makes you go Aha! so this why the pro is needed
Agreed. Especially with so many people complaining about lack of announcements and 1st party games coming.

Ah kinda expected of this Playstation management. Ill be there day 1 anyway, but for what reasons apart from being a blind fanboy I dont know. Of course games will run better, people need to stop playing dumb. But Id like to see more from one of the best publishers

Last edited:
Reactions: voke and Entropi

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
Biggest thing about this will be the embargo drop so devs can finally talk about what games will support it.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
No one posting this?

image.png

image.png

Account already locked.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Most curious about the PSSR once people can get their hands on it and test the implementation.
This will be the 1.0 version if it, let's see how it goes.
This is also a small glimpse at the PS6 in terms of one software solution for image quality in the future.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'm pretty sure he'll announce an Astro themed PlayStation cofee machine:
https://www.tiktok.com/@ijustine/video/7322897707574562090

Why do they always list the length of the presentation in the announcements? Is it to set expectations or something? I've never seen any other tech company do it outside of the gaming industry.
Yes, it's to keep expectations at moderate levels, because some people could be expecting a 2 hours stream with 3 dozen megatons.

Pretty likely there won't be new game announcements or game trailers, just Cerny talking about the tech and concept behind it and maximum a few comparision videos of already released games.

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Cerny god will as usual deliver something spectacular, The guy has singlehandedly pulled PS from the doldrums of the PS3 gen to the powerhouse it is now, Mind you I still think ps3 had the best games in terms of breadth. Playing astro has sent me on a nostalgia trip I miss WKC and jrpgs like eternal sonata 😭

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think the presentation will be:
  • Announces PS5 Pro
  • Cerny mentions AI over 20 times and ways it can help PS, particularly:
    • PSSR: upscaling images during gameplay and maybe generate frames in real time, explaining why they did made their own one instead of just using DLSS, FRS, XeSS and that PS5 Pro has a chip needed that standard PS5 doesn't have
    • iSize tech to upscale and enhace in-game videos and maybe also images/textures for new games in real time saving SDD/disk space for games
    • iSize tech to upscale and enhace non-gaming videos and streams from PS Cloud gaming, remote play, PSN store, YouTube/Netflix/etc while saving server costs
    • May even use these things to improve how classic games look
  • Shows that with powerpoint slides and a few images or videos of already known games to showcase the difference

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
mmm
500 bucks no disc,600 with disc, released with two weeks difference (last week november,first week december)
1tb
dual sense with better batery life and better triggers
all games launched on september and in the future will have a ps5 pro patch (outlaws,warhammer,etc) its a mandate from sony to thirds
tomorrow they will open reserves

• fire
Reactions: DocRay