PlayStation agreement to acquire Haven Studios has closed. Welcome to the PlayStation Studios family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
"The agreement to acquire Haven has closed"?

Why is it phrased like that? Something legalease? It hits the ear all wrong.
I think after Sony announce the purchase there is a legal process to transfer the company ownership.
Seem for example Activision and Microsoft the legal process can take years depending of the size of the company.

Haven is a small near created studio... so the legal process was very fast with no regulation limiting the approval.

So now the full process was finished... there is no back anymore... Haven is owned by Sony.
Activision deal or even Bungie deal can go wrong yet.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
A few interesting tidbits.

And the company's R&D work has also caught the attention of Mark Cerny, the lead system architect behind PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, although this isn't necessarily related to the cloud.

"So [Mark Cerny] is one of the main reasons we're investing so much in R&D, and in this very senior engineering team," Raymond teases. "It's not just tied to cloud but also some more forward-thinking R&D. I'm not able to say too much now, but that's obviously one of the other things that's been a big attractor and is exciting to our team with PlayStation. Of course Mark Cerny is kind of like a rockstar, too, so being able to collaborate with him is really exciting.

And about why the company has used a different method of building the game -- by investing in cloud.
"When you think about the game engines that we have around, they were all built several years ago and things have changed a lot. Our games have a lot more data. We're making an exclusive for PS5, and it is a live service game, so we have additional challenges of how do we make that kind of game with that kind of delivery, but with the PlayStation-level graphics that people expect. All while allowing for those constant updates and building something that could be a living experience.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
A few interesting tidbits.

And about why the company has used a different method of building the game -- by investing in cloud.

Seems Sony invested in this studio for its R&D in cloud infrastructure that they brought over from Google. Its why i think Cerny is so hands on with them.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
One is gone, staying only Bungie which debits Playstation at the FTC. And then hopefully the big surprise is coming. Square Enix baby.:cool:

• party
Reactions: Bryank75

Phmurrph

6 Jul 2022
She speaks French?

2lIj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.