PlayStation Announces Hermen Hulst And Hideaki Nishino As Its New CEO's!

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Sometimes when i read threads no matter what its about DEAD BRAND BAD BAD BAD We have no idea if or how this will work out.

The one i am happy about is the dude in charge of 3rd party as he can/could help build stronger bonds in the Asian markets.
First party will just keep doing there thing and we wont truly know what or they will be doing for at least a few years as we are still on the Jim Ryan plan.

alphachino

24 Aug 2022
Gotta say, I never rated Hulst in terms of game dev, as I found certain degrees of jank in all Guerilla games that would have been ironed out if he had a bit more attention to detail...

With all that being said though, I have high hopes for him as CEO, he's obviously a good business guy and I like his personality. Good move overall

Reactions: Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Why Hulst instead of Ted Price or Shu? Fucking sad, what a waste of a good publisher. :ROFLMAO:

Steam it is then.

Sometimes when i read threads no matter what its about DEAD BRAND BAD BAD BAD We have no idea if or how this will work out.

The one i am happy about is the dude in charge of 3rd party as he can/could help build stronger bonds in the Asian markets.
First party will just keep doing there thing and we wont truly know what or they will be doing for at least a few years as we are still on the Jim Ryan plan.
You are probably the type of person that had no idea if Phil Spencer would work out as the top guy at Xbox, I knew from the start that he sucked.

Hulst isn't as obvious but so far everything points to him being pretty bad and the guy behind their awful PC push.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Guys at leadt the part we csre for is managed by a Japanese. He will be responsible for negotiations (including M&A activities) and 3rd Party stuff. I feel he can save Sony's 3rd Party relationships. At leadt he will secure exclusive stuff. As CEO he can bring more Japanese games to PlayStation.
please enough with this weeb worship of Japan and Japanese people
Seriously. This guy doesn’t realize Totoki and Kenichiro are a big part of the problem, stop with the weeb behavior

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Steam it is then.

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Seriously. This guy doesn’t realize Totoki and Kenichiro are a big part of the problem, stop with the weeb behavior
Hulst had the perfect pitch for these beancounters, he sold the illusion of PlayStation expanding to PC+Mobile, just like Phil Spencer sold the dream of Netflix of games and 2 billion users.

PlayStation is about to get humbled in the next 10 years, most likely in a way that they'll never recover from.

Last edited:

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Trash Hulst failing upwards, he really is the Phil Spencer of PlayStation

Phil was part of a successful development studio that put out a engine like Decima and a hit game series like Horizon Zero Dawn (25 million copies sold)

Edit—-

Why do I even bother responding to anything here, back to the whining

Reactions: DocRay

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Who's fault us that Kenichiro Yoshida and Totoki are behaving like this? It was Jim Ryan who influenced years over years the Sony leadership. Jim Ryan was persuading his superiors, telling them how great this and that is.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
You are probably the type of persona that had no idea if Phil Spencer would work out as the top guy at Xbox, I knew from the start that he sucked.
That's a wild statement to make just because you didn't like my opinion, Also i have never liked Phil Spencer so theirs that i guess?

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Phil was part of a successful development studio that put out a engine like Decima and a hit game series like Horizon Zero Dawn (25 million copies sold)
By that logic they should've made Neil Drukman, Cory Barlog or Nicolas Douce CEOs as they have made far better games than Hermen Hulst.

That's a wild statement to make just because you didn't like my opinion, Also i have never liked Phil Spencer so theirs that i guess?
The time this guy was in charge of PlayStation studios was the least productive period ever for them, that is very reminiscent of someone like Phil Spencer.

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Guys at leadt the part we csre for is managed by a Japanese. He will be responsible for negotiations (including M&A activities) and 3rd Party stuff. I feel he can save Sony's 3rd Party relationships. At leadt he will secure exclusive stuff. As CEO he can bring more Japanese games to PlayStation.

The problem isn't PlayStation lacking Japanese games. They get every single major one and vast majority of the smaller ones.

The problem is they have lost a lot of Japanese exclusives over the past few years. Yakuza, MGS, Persona, Street Fighter, and likely now going forward Final Fantasy, among various others. And a platform ultimately needs its exclusives for content differentiation in the market, and value proposition.

I'm gonna bring up Steam real quick because here's something the Valve fanboys don't talk about: Steam has a METRIC FUK-TON of 3P exclusives when you just look at it from a PC launcher POV. They have way more 3P games than EGS, volumes more than GOG, more than the Windows/Microsoft store, etc. And it's funny, because all of the PC people crying about exclusives and how everything should be multiplat, are ONLY doing it from the POV of Steam vs. console platforms.

You don't see these people saying that more 3P on PC should put their games on non-Steam storefronts. You don't see Valve doing that, either. Know why? Because they know the power of exclusivity; they just pretend not to when they want to take digs at other platforms (mainly PlayStation) for having them. PlayStation needs to cement having real exclusives again and that includes more Japanese exclusives.

But if big 3P like Square-Enix, Capcom or SEGA/Atlus want to pursue multiplat strategies, they're within their right to do so. Sony should fill those voids by working with smaller 3P studios like Level 5, Vanillaware, Arc System Works etc. on co-developed exclusives, preferably with IP SIE own. And JRPG-wise they have a good few, like White Knight Chronicles, PoPoLoCrois, Legend of Dragoon, Okage, Dark Cloud etc.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

Edit—-

Why do I even bother responding to anything here, back to the whining
Folks here claim to be sony stans, but they really sony haters😂
I’ve never claimed to be a Sony stan, that’s cringe.

Hulst should’ve been fired a long time ago, instead he gets promoted, just like Phil.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. RIP PlayStation, the slow descent to irrelevance is in motion. It’ll take you guys a while to catch on just like it took the hardcore Xbox guys to 🤷‍♂️

• sad
Reactions: Neversummer

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
The problem isn't PlayStation lacking Japanese games. They get every single major one and vast majority of the smaller ones.

The problem is they have lost a lot of Japanese exclusives over the past few years. Yakuza, MGS, Persona, Street Fighter, and likely now going forward Final Fantasy, among various others. And a platform ultimately needs its exclusives for content differentiation in the market, and value proposition.

I'm gonna bring up Steam real quick because here's something the Valve fanboys don't talk about: Steam has a METRIC FUK-TON of 3P exclusives when you just look at it from a PC launcher POV. They have way more 3P games than EGS, volumes more than GOG, more than the Windows/Microsoft store, etc. And it's funny, because all of the PC people crying about exclusives and how everything should be multiplat, are ONLY doing it from the POV of Steam vs. console platforms.

You don't see these people saying that more 3P on PC should put their games on non-Steam storefronts. You don't see Valve doing that, either. Know why? Because they know the power of exclusivity; they just pretend not to when they want to take digs at other platforms (mainly PlayStation) for having them. PlayStation needs to cement having real exclusives again and that includes more Japanese exclusives.

But if big 3P like Square-Enix, Capcom or SEGA/Atlus want to pursue multiplat strategies, they're within their right to do so. Sony should fill those voids by working with smaller 3P studios like Level 5, Vanillaware, Arc System Works etc. on co-developed exclusives, preferably with IP SIE own. And JRPG-wise they have a good few, like White Knight Chronicles, PoPoLoCrois, Legend of Dragoon, Okage, Dark Cloud etc.
Steam is inevitable at this point. Why wouldn't a product that is pretty much better at everything not gain market share over time?

The last missing piece is mass produced console-like hardware. If PC market is shrinking trying to steal console market share is the obvious move and NVidia, Steam and even MS will have a lot of incentive to attempt to do that.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer