Status
Not open for further replies.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Apart from I still can’t officially play loads of good games on there. Or day 1 games from Playstation, Nintendo, Rockstar, which are arguably amogst the best studios/publishers in the world.

PC gamers the type of people to say PC is the best place to play games even back in 2013 when they didn’t have games like Halo 3/Reach, Gears, Skyward Sword, Uncharted 1-3, Red Dead Redemption, TLOU, Forza, Demon Souls, MG4, Mario Galaxy, Lost odessy and lots more.

I mean they basically missed out on the best games of the generation at the time outside of Dark Souls and Skyrim.
But because there £1000+ machine could play Asscreed at 60fps and 1080p they thought its the best place to play games :LOL:

I mean... consoles aren't some rare earth element... they are cheaper than a graphics card.. particularly by the end of a generation, they are cheaper than the down payment you'd put on financing a graphics card LOL

PC gamers.. get this.. also buy consoles ;)

Doesn't mean my favorite place to play games isn't PC, which is why it's awesome both Xbox and Playstation (to a far lesser extent) are publishing to PC.

Reactions: Kokoloko
D

Deleted member 51

Wonder if there will be some idiot calling this scraps in here? Can't wait to see the comparisons, as I haven't checked on DF in a good while. I wonder if Returnal will be the next IP on the list, or demon souls.

Warnen

15 Jul 2022
Looking forward to games I haven’t played yet. Waiting on the new Horizon and god of war announcements

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Sony only published 3 old games developed by them and announced the port of 3 more. PC is far from being a PlayStation.

According to Sony they don't plan to release games on PC at launch. And according a graph they shared, they plan to continue zero PS+PC games in both the 2022-2023 and 2025-2026 fiscal years.

Until now they released a new generation of consoles every 7 years, meaning they may release PS6 around 2027. So I bet there won't be any Sony developed game released day one on PC this generation.

For any kind of game. This includes single player, multiplayer, GaaS and non-GaaS games. I think ther can be an exception: MLB if its licensor demands its version in the same way they did with the other console versions.

Well, I think it makes a lot of sense to have same ecosystem for them across multiple platforms if they publish games on multiple platforms with their PSN PC store (skipping the revenue share that Steam and Epic get), trophies, cross-play multiplayer, cross-save, (ideally cross-buy too but I don't see it happening fr the medium term, I think it will come later), crossplatform chat/messaging etc.

Once a player has many games on an account/launcher prefers to keep using it. Look at generational transition in consoles: many repeat with the same brand because they have a big catalog there.
Regardless of that, I still think the live service games will release on PC day one.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Is this more of your picking out based on number of pixels in a graph image ? :D
Yes, it's the data provided by Sony in a graph image from a fiscal report where they explain their plans to their investors (and can't lie to them). That proportion was the only one that made sense, the next one would have meant the double of new Sony games for PS (too high number) while still zero PS5+PC releases.

But the having no plans to release new PS Studios games day one on PC is something Jimbo and Hermen also mentioned multiple times in other places. Not only in that graph.

Regardless of that, I still think the live service games will release on PC day one.
It will happen with future Bungie games (and maybe with other publishers they may potentially buy in the future), but not with PS Studios games, at least for this FY and the one that ends in 2026. Or at least these are the Sony plans according to them.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Yes, it's the data provided by Sony in a graph image from a fiscal report where they explain their plans to their investors (and can't lie to them). That proportion was the only one that made sense, the next one would have meant the double of new Sony games for PS (too high number) while still zero PS5+PC releases.

But the having no plans to release new PS Studios games day one on PC is something Jimbo and Hermen also mentioned multiple times in other places. Not only in that graph.

It will happen with future Bungie games (and maybe with other publishers they may potentially buy in the future), but not with PS Studios games, at least for this FY and the one that ends in 2026. Or at least these are the Sony plans according to them.
Yeah well they also said they believe in generations lmao, see how that turned out?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yeah well they also said they believe in generations lmao, see how that turned out?
They believe it +$10

In that interview Jim Ryan explained exactly what they have been doing these years. He didn't say anything about not making crossplatform games or killing PS4 early if you mean that.

The full message in the 'we believe in generations' interview was that they planned to continue supporting PS4 for several years (as they did in all their generations) after the PS5 launch because its active base was way bigger and more engaged than usual at its point of its lifetime.

He also mentioned that wanted to see games using the new gen PS5 features like super fast loading, adaptative triggers, haptics and 3D audio. Stuff that is in all games because basically it's mandatory.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/sonys...ing-that-can-only-be-enjoyed-on-playstation-5

That and .. i mean come on. pixel counting graph images is a weird flex to try and determine release plans.
No, a weird flex is to deny the facts and reality: what they have been doing until now, what they said about it until now and the data they provided in graphs until now.

They said multiple times that don't plan to release new PS Studios games day one on PC, until now they only ported to PC games originally released years before in PS and shown a graph that shown that this fiscal year they plan to release PS4+PS5 games but that don't plan to release any PS5+PC or PS4+PS5+PC game this fiscal year or the one that ends in 2026.

Last edited:

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
The PC market share is less than 20% while PlayStation Market share is more than 60%, the PC isn't an ideal option for gaming anyways. who cares if PlayStation exclusives will be released to PC or not, it's not a competitive to the PlayStation master race or any other console, plus more profit to Sony studios for half-assed ports. 😉

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The PC market share is less than 20% while PlayStation Market share is more than 60%, the PC isn't an ideal option for gaming anyways. who cares if PlayStation exclusives will be released to PC or not, it's not a competitive to the PlayStation master race or any other console, plus more profit to Sony studios for half-assed ports. 😉

My issue is they should be crushing PC share down towards 10% or at the very least have their own launcher and buy From Soft and Square...

Then make nearly all Japanese games exclusive to the PS5 and PS-PC storefront.

Giving momentum to Steam or Epic is foolish.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar and SSfox

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
They said multiple times that don't plan to release new PS Studios games day one on PC, until now they only ported to PC games originally released years before in PS and shown a graph that shown that this fiscal year they plan to release PS4+PS5 games but that don't plan to release any PS5+PC or PS4+PS5+PC game this fiscal year or the one that ends in 2026.

The only mentions I can find are from former boss Shawn Layden, who does not make decisions anymore.

Also, you are taking pixel counting a graph as factual evidence.

I don't need to say anymore as to how absurd that is.

Should I link the GAF thread where you did that and got dunked on before the mods mercifully closed it ?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
In that interview Jim Ryan explained exactly what they have been doing these years. He didn't say anything about not making crossplatform games or killing PS4 early if you mean that.

The full message in the 'we believe in generations' interview was that they planned to continue supporting PS4 for several years (as they did in all their generations) after the PS5 launch because its active base was way bigger and more engaged than usual at its point of its lifetime.

He also mentioned that wanted to see games using the new gen PS5 features like super fast loading, adaptative triggers, haptics and 3D audio. Stuff that is in all games because basically it's mandatory.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/sonys...ing-that-can-only-be-enjoyed-on-playstation-5

No, a weird flex is to deny the facts and reality: what they have been doing until now, what they said about it until now and the data they provided in graphs until now.

Bro you still believing those assholes of Hermen and Jimbo? How many times they have to lie to you so you open your eyes?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Bro you still believing those assholes of Hermen and Jimbo? How many times they have to lie to you so you open your eyes?

I can imagine a lot of panicked breathing when TLoU Remake had PC mention but a sigh of relief after they saw that it said "coming soon".

If they are announcing PC version simultaneously with the console version for a marquee $70 retail game in 2022, anyone who thinks they're not gonna release simultaneously in the next 2~ years is just deluding themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.