PlayStation has locked down exclusivity for all entries in Final Fantasy VII remake trilogy

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
You people are underestimating the level of delusion xbots have, Jez Corden posted a random ass poll about how people would feel about 2 hr xbox showcase in june and this the theory crafting and delusion the resetera xbox thread had.

I kid you not most of the posters even agreed that this list makes sense, thinking bugthesda can release 2 remakes when they cant fix their bugs in starfield :rolleyes:

Its always "coming to GamePass" with these pricks, they can't even say "coming to Xbox" 🤦‍♂️

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
What does this matter at this point?

Xbox is disappearing and Nintendo doesn't make consoles that are powerful enough to run the games as envisioned by the series' creators.

It's a non-issue.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Rebirth is so good I can't get over it.
Refreshing, youthful energy. Finally a game with fun characters that don't exist to spread political messaging.

And 4k30 mode in it is perfect. I got used to 30 in one evening. Plays flawless

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Rebirth is so good I can't get over it.
Refreshing, youthful energy. Finally a game with fun characters that don't exist to spread political messaging.

And 4k30 mode in it is perfect. I got used to 30 in one evening. Plays flawless
I recently started it and 30fps seems alot better then other games. Might switch over from performance if the upcoming patch doesn't improve the blurriness.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I recently started it and 30fps seems alot better then other games. Might switch over from performance if the upcoming patch doesn't improve the blurriness.
There is 100% difference between 30fps games and modes.
30fps mode in demons souls ps5 is dogshit. Slow and laggy to controls.
But 30fps in bloodborne is very fast and responsive.

30fps is also good in ff16. But many devs don't know how to do 30fps properly anymore. idk if some enable vsync or some crap but it's usually very slow, deadzones are too big and so on.
It's fine in ff7

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023

"Well that's that.
Played Remake on PS4, and didn't care for its massive tweaks to the story and quest design crafted to artificially bloat the game's run time, but I would have absolutely picked it up on Xbox to support SE actually showing up there.

Now there's no hope to it coming to the platform, I decided to spoiler myself on Rebirth's ending.

Yikes at the changes. Looks like I dodged a $70 bullet that would've further made me scratch my head at Nomura and crew screwing with a story that didn't need screwing with. So I guess, thanks Sony."

LMAO this pathetic eksbotz 🤣🤣🤣.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Funny that regulators don't care that something as massive as the FF7 trilogy is exclusive to PlayStation (while they made such a fuss about Microsoft's exclusivities during the acquisition, even the most negligible ones).
Congress HEEEEEEEELP

Securing exclusivity for a third party title through competitive means > buying entire publishers

24 Jun 2022
Some of those are not simple moneyhats, leaks showed that Playstation helps a lot with development, sambiotic relationship.

A point that is constantly ignored by the crybabies who get mad about PlayStation having big 3P exclusives.

Congress HEEEEEEEELP

Securing exclusivity for a third party title through competitive means > buying entire publishers

You need to have an IQ above room temperature to understand the difference. That poster is clearly at room temperature if not colder.

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
I still believe it could go to Switch 2 with Sony's approval. Maybe just FF7R, not Rebirth.

Yakuza and Persona sold 1 million on 3 times the platforms. Imagine all the work Atlus had to do for that small return. Rebirth probably already sold 3 millions on 1 platform.
Do we even know how big a percentage xbox were because I'm betting sub 10

quest4441

27 Feb 2024

"Well that's that.
Played Remake on PS4, and didn't care for its massive tweaks to the story and quest design crafted to artificially bloat the game's run time, but I would have absolutely picked it up on Xbox to support SE actually showing up there.

Now there's no hope to it coming to the platform, I decided to spoiler myself on Rebirth's ending.

Yikes at the changes. Looks like I dodged a $70 bullet that would've further made me scratch my head at Nomura and crew screwing with a story that didn't need screwing with. So I guess, thanks Sony."

LMAO this pathetic eksbotz 🤣🤣🤣.
The amount of salt in that post is more than all the oceans combined LMAO

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
L
U
N
A
T
I
C
S

Montresor seriously predicting Helldivers 2 on Xbox:
physical releases for niche Japanese games on xbox are they retarded

24 Jun 2022
Purple people forum are really the biggest clowns and hypocrites on the fucking internet. If this was Xbox, you wouldn't hear a damn from these mother fuckers. The only thing they would do is defending the shit out of it for MS.

Which is what makes it so fun & easy to laugh at them. They only care about "pro-consumerism" until it's Microsoft getting the big exclusives. At that point it becomes a questions of "What else can Microsoft buy to make exclusive?". Their ideals and values about non-exclusivity are only in accordance with their preferred platform holder's wishes, until they aren't (usually when Xbox gets a 3P exclusive).

If they were truly about non-exclusivity, you wouldn't see them become hypocrites and start asking Microsoft to lap up exclusives/make games exclusive, or conveniently not complain about 3P exclusives when Xbox gets them (i.e Ravenlok, Echo Generation, The Gunk, The Medium when that was a timed exclusive, STALKER 2, MLB The Show being exclusive to Game Pass as far as services go (and we know MS has exclusion clauses for certain games in subscription services; would be crazy if it exists for MLB The Show)).

Personally I have no issue with Xbox having 1P or 3P exclusives, but that's also because I have zero issue with Sony having 1P or 3P exclusives, either. Or Nintendo, for that matter. But the reality is Microsoft can't negotiate for the biggest 3P exclusives because Xbox market share is terrible, and they don't want to spend large sums of money to do so for B2P and/or Game Pass Day 1 deals.

That's why they'd rather buy publishers of those games outright, but that strategy won't be working long-term either (in terms of buying more), not with all the job cuts and having already spent over $80 billion between ABK, Zenimax and the 2018 studio purchases.