PlayStation is “Reevaluating how we operate” due to recent layoffs. Twisted Metal Canceled due to layoffs! |UP| Guerilla loses 10% of its staff.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
It's killing the brand.
The main business is with consoles.
ONE low priced GAAS game doing better on PC doesn't change this.
If we compare any other of the PlayStation ports success on PC vs consoles the console version DWARFS the PC version in sales.

wrong assumption.

In the past, the main purpose of the first party title was to popularize the console. Now the strength of the first party itself is the driver of profit growth. The console has tight margins, and the production cost of building Playstation5 is getting worse, not better. So the point is to grow the first party by targeting new platforms, such as computers. Betting the 'main business' on the console is sabotaging the business. Expanding the popularity of Playstation studios games is improving the business, both commercially and artistically.

Start @ 2m35s

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Hermen again failing, the guy has no business being head of PS studios when Shu Yoshida exists

His job is dictated by people like Jim Ryan. All he can do is talking to studio heads see where things are and report back? He also scouts talent, and rubbs shoulders for acquisitions. Herman helped ship multiple titles with half the amount of developers that Gureilla has now.

He proved he could steer the ship in a direction of profitability before he left the studio, its after he left they took on too much, and didn't meet milestones for certain projects while being twice the size as they were when he was there.

Guy is the reason Kojima still has exclusives for Playstation. He's the main reason on helldivers 2 got help from Bungie, and is having the success its having. He reported where all projects were and Sony heads made decisions based off of his assessments.

He's doing his job.

Closing studios sucks, but London was expensive.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
Are you saying they have 2 Twisted metal projects? One was Live service other traditional by a different team?
Multiple TW games were rumored
wrong assumption.

In the past, the main purpose of the first party title was to popularize the console. Now the strength of the first party itself is the driver of profit growth. The console has tight margins, and the production cost of building Playstation5 is getting worse, not better. So the point is to grow the first party by targeting new platforms, such as computers. Betting the 'main business' on the console is sabotaging the business. Expanding the popularity of Playstation studios games is improving the business, both commercially and artistically.

Start @ 2m35s
I'm not watching that video sorry.

Exclusives are mega sellers on PlayStation consoles not PC.

I will add... game quality including graphics and performance will take a drastic hit having to program for archaic devices.

Finally doing this is the main thing that destroyed Xbox as a whole.

• haha
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Multiple TW games were rumored

I'm not watching that video sorry.

Exclusives are mega sellers on PlayStation consoles not PC.

I will add... game quality including graphics and performance will take a drastic hit having to program for archaic devices.

Finally doing this is the main thing that destroyed Xbox as a whole.

You have a link to those rumors by any chance?

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
We know of 3 live service games that were canceled so far. Factions 2, Twisted Metal, and London Studios game.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Someone please check on the clowns @nongkris and @KnittedKnight
Remember when they were preaching constantly that AAA Holywood blockbusters, GaaS and the westernisation of PlayStation are Sony’s future? 🤡🤡🤡
One famous quote by them:
“The least Sony needs is Japanese or Asian games. They need to go all-in GaaS. This were the future lies. Japanese games are for weebs” 🤡🤡🤡
Both of you Jim Ryan cheerleaders must be crying bitter tears right now. Really grant it to you Japanese hating bozos.

Last edited:

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Wow this game didn't even get past the greenlit phase according to Jason. So much for those reports that the game was going to be shown off soon. Can't show off a game when it wasn't even in full production. Also, insane that Firesprite had two GAAS on their plate at the same time this Twisted Metal and Project Heartbreak.

Reactions: Box

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Wow this game didn't even get past the greenlit phase according to Jason. So much for those reports that the game was going to be shown off soon. Can't show off a game when it wasn't even in full production. Also, insane that Firesprite had two GAAS on their plate at the same time this Twisted Metal and Project Heartbreak.
rumors say heartbreak is a single player horror game, not GAAS.

• Informative
Reactions: Say1nMan
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Round of layoffs at Dutch game maker Guerrilla, dozens of employees on the street​

Guerrilla, the largest game studio in the Netherlands, has laid off 10 percent of its staff as part of a larger reorganization at parent company Playstation.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Round of layoffs at Dutch game maker Guerrilla, dozens of employees on the street​

Guerrilla, the largest game studio in the Netherlands, has laid off 10 percent of its staff as part of a larger reorganization at parent company Playstation.

Probably people working on one of the online games.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
What I would do for killzone 2 Remaster with the mp intact. One of my most played mps ever.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I've lost all faith in Sony leadership, what a joke. Buying bungie was a massive mistake and so was VR

Reactions: nongkris