PlayStation is “Reevaluating how we operate” due to recent layoffs. Twisted Metal Canceled due to layoffs! |UP| Guerilla loses 10% of its staff.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
What I would do for killzone 2 Remaster with the mp intact. One of my most played mps ever.
You know what? At this point, why not. PlayStation got nothing to lose by doing this. Moreover, with the layoffs and canceled games (looking like most are from their GAAS push) it's pretty evident that Sony is pumping the brakes on their dump truck of a strategy of unleashing all these GAAS that they are most likely now being more reserved and selective with GAAS. Putting out a Killzone 2 remaster with MP will test the water with the audience nowadays and if the MP hits with folks then guess what? Sony will have another hit MP on their hands like they're having with Helldivers 2.

• Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

Final Shape would’ve launched this week and that’s not too far off what it looks like at the end of content drops. They have another 3 months of this state unless the gimmick they have planned in a few weeks turns some content f2p.

The pre-order emblem debate is hugely flawed. Tassi’s points are valid.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Final Shape would’ve launched this week and that’s not too far off what it looks like at the end of content drops. They have another 3 months of this state unless the gimmick they have planned in a few weeks turns some content f2p.

Hmmm interesting to see how the sales turn out.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023

How is this not impressive for a 6 year old game? Was destiny as a franchise not a huge success overall for Bungie? Has Bungie not gone basically from massive success with Halo to even more massive success with Destiny? Has Halo not nosedived in quality since Bungie left the franchise? In other words, isn't Bungie a great asset for Sony to have?

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
How is this not impressive for a 6 year old game? Was destiny as a franchise not a huge success overall for Bungie? has Bungie not going basically from massive success with Halo to even more massive success with Destiny? Has Halo not nosedived in quality since Bungie left the franchise? In other words, isn't Bungie a great asset for Sony to have?

I love Destiny. It’s my favorite game. But there’s a noticeable drop in their bottom line playerbase and revenues. Especially compared to Witch Queen’s year. This whole year has been filler working towards rebuilding the game for Final Shape.

And you also have to consider users have also spread to windows and epic due to expansion sale gimmicks and freebies.

So, no… this year is arguably destiny’s worst with player engagement. This is about 20k lower daily concurrent avg than what their worst looked like the year before. I expect better and its age means nothing. It’s meant to adapt and evolve.

But I do expect final shape to completely knock it out of the park and relaunch the game. Bungie’s story is the same ole shit and cyclical.

Their mistake was funding the development of 3 games and building the new hq just bankrolled by one game.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Google it

Went back 2 years only one every mentioned anywhere is one that originally was at Lucid Game Studios then project changed hands to Firesprite. Unless there is just chatter on a gaming forum like this one from before 2022 there's nothing about a second TW game.

Only other project was the TV series to my knowledge. The "other" title is not mentioned anywhere on reset or gaf. SO unless you have some inside info you cant divulge, your full of shit.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
FWIW there are rumours of another TM game to tie in with the TV series.

Where are these rumors though?

DId they originate on reddit, gaf, reset? I would have heard of these since i was in the same threads and conversations on when lucid was making the live service title that ended up changing hands to firesprite.

only thing I can remember was someone who was close to the tv show said there was something being made to go along with it. Everyone assumed when news broke later that year on lucid that it was that project?

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
Went back 2 years only one every mentioned anywhere is one that originally was at Lucid Game Studios then project changed hands to Firesprite. Unless there is just chatter on a gaming forum like this one from before 2022 there's nothing about a second TW game.

Only other project was the TV series to my knowledge. The "other" title is not mentioned anywhere on reset or gaf. SO unless you have some inside info you cant divulge, your full of shit.
Over the years I read about a GAAS,a remake and something based on the hit show.

Multiple projects.

Reactions: xollowsob

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Over the years I read about a GAAS,a remake and something based on the hit show.

Multiple projects.

Where did you read about a remake though? There is no record anywhere of it. Only things are the GAAS title which was considered a revival, and the tv show.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

The GAAS as mentioned in this thread.

I can't find anything on the game based on the TV show 😏

Right which is now cancelled? You said there was another title. That was what you said in your post.

The only title anyone knows about so far is the GAAS title at FIresprite which is now dead. Only other project known is the tv show. If there is another tw project no one knows about it.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Where are these rumors though?

DId they originate on reddit, gaf, reset? I would have heard of these since i was in the same threads and conversations on when lucid was making the live service title that ended up changing hands to firesprite.

only thing I can remember was someone who was close to the tv show said there was something being made to go along with it. Everyone assumed when news broke later that year on lucid that it was that project?
It's not a good idea for me to post which websites I'm on, outside of here.

I don't want a reputation a ne'er-do-well.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
I've lost all faith in Sony leadership, what a joke. Buying bungie was a massive mistake and so was VR
VR could have been a trigger for a reset of the industry, aimed at a userbase long forgotten and ignored.

Instead, Sony made a magnificent, brilliant piece of kit and didn't support it one jot.

Imagine owning bungie and not have PSVR2 exclusive content, let alone compatibility. Destiny VR2/Destiny 3 VR would have been a system seller.